any suggestions on what camera to get

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying it's easy to get access to? I'm doing wifi inside and out and also using blue iris program and app to access it. Not sure about how easy it is to get access to the camera but I doubt there will be a computer genius who just happens to stumble upon my cameras wifi or should I be worried? Lol
disregard cctvman..if you are using blue iris you not need p2p in the wifi cams...you will be using the blue iris webserver for remote access.
He does make a good point about wifi..you should make every effort to have someone run the cable for you.
As far as power, you can either use the power supply as mentioned by alastair or use a poe injector or a poe switch...you can power the camera with an injector or a switch even of you are using wifi..the benefit of this is that you can use a long ethernet cable to supply power...
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PoE150S-Gigabit-Injector-compliant/dp/B001PS9E5I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438375146&sr=1-1&keywords=poe+injector
If you will be powering more than one camera then this
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SF1008P-100Mbps-8-Port-802-3af/dp/B003CFATT2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438375241&sr=1-1&keywords=poe+switch

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to setup the wifi on these cameras? Having a hard time figuring this out

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yup I wired them in and changed the password. Just don't know how to connect it to the router wirelessly.

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Like I used SADP program to change the password. Not sure where is advance configuration

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sorry for the noob questions and thanks for the help. i type in the address of the camera and got a username and password login screen. not sure what the username is since i used SADP software and all it had was the password that i could change.

- - - Updated - - -

ok it was admin

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks guys.. i figured it out
The whole thing, WiFi connection and all?
Well done for getting there, a learning process.
Be aware that a WiFi connection can be a bit troublesome and affect the streaming quality of the video.

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yea. Is there any way to improve the wifi connection. I mean the time is not smooth at all. Skips a few seconds. It's like lag or something. Video quality is good compare to a dlink camera I got from Costco. But the dlink never skips a beat with wifi. Anything to improve on this wifi? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea. Is there any way to improve the wifi connection. I mean the time is not smooth at all. Skips a few seconds. It's like lag or something. Video quality is good compare to a dlink camera I got from Costco. But the dlink never skips a beat with wifi. Anything to improve on this wifi? Thanks.
You need to reduce the camera quality...its not that the dlink was any better at wifi, but when you are streaming 3mp hd the wifi is problematic.
What is the bitrate set to now?

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How do I check the bit rate?
like the frame rate ? I put it to 30fps

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I check the bit rate?
like the frame rate ? I put it to 30fps
There is a setting for bitrate on the same page as the frame rate..
Set the frame rate to 15 not 30. Set the max bitrate to 2048 and see if it helps...you may also try putting the camera in 2mp mode 1920x1080.

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok thanks. I'll try that and see how it goes.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes. I have a camera running at 8192kbps over wifi no problems, most people can get 8192kbps on their wifi no problems.

I moved the camera to a garage which is a little way from our house and got the same symptoms as you. I fixed this by downloading inssider and switching the network onto a channel with no interference. 1080p, 8192kbps VBR, no problems :)