Are these intrusions or uninvited guests?

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ports are opened for the purposes of remote access, inbound not access outbound from your network. Closing that up will not affect your ability to surf the Internet.
Another router shot
1580779550577.png

Please comment. Thanks Pete

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
What kind of router is it? Make/Model. Were any of the WAN checkboxes enabled before? Any UPnP settings in the UI?

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm embarassed to say the brand when I have a brand new ASUS RT-AC86U sitting in the cupboard. )-: And, nothing has changed on the router...

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
The GRC.com report doesn't lie though. If it's a no-name brand, I would look into getting that ASUS router in its place. I used to run one with DD-WRT on it. It should also support OpenVPN. It's a good router.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Switch over to your Asus router. Update its firmware. Turn off its UPnP. Then use its built-in OpenVPN server to provide remote access to Blue Iris.

If you don't want the extra step of connecting the VPN client, or if you want to let other people access the BI server who would not be able to figure out the VPN, then you can forward a port to Blue Iris. But make it a high-numbered port (like in the 10000-65535 range) as that will reduce the number of unwanted random connections drastically.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Petere

There are a lot of old guys on here. My first personal computer was a intel 8008 and 8K of memory, made my own "Mother" board in the photo shop. Loaded programs in from the front panel. Upgraded to a 8080 and a Z80 32K memory with 5 1/2 floppy drives. Ran CP/M for an OS and Microsoft basic interpreter (1975).

Word for the day: HARDCARD

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you kids LOL - nostalgia time:
First was a Commodore Vic20 with the cassette tape drive for storage - might have had 16k RAM - used the TV as a monitor
Next was a Commadore 64 with 64k RAM - woohoo - still used the TV as a monitor
Next was a true blue IBM 8088 with a 20 Meg hard drive and 5-1/4 floppy with a monitor that only showed beige characters
Soon I put a 2400 baud modem in that thing and could now access Bulletin Boards - damn I had it going on.
and the list goes on and on - ;)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I went from a VIC20 to a Commodore 64 and had both a floppy and the tape drive hanging on it.
Next I built a 286 with 4MB of RAM and a 40MB hard drive a real video card and a monitor to boot. Hanging off the back was a 9600 baud modem. I was in hog heaven!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My first computer was a TI-64 with cassette tapes and cartridges hooked to TV monitor - still have it and running Blue Iris on it LOL (just kidding on BI part)...

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
MY real first computer was an IBM 1130 in college, had a card readers, 4K of core and a 2 MB removal disk hard drive, that was about 18 inch across, I was the computer operator. Before that in High School I work nights at the IBM research center in New York as a key punch operator. On a 027 keypunch machine, one mistake and start over. (1965)

Now what was the original poster question :)

Reaction score
In high school, we had access to the local university's Honeywell Multics 68/80 timesharing system. (yeah, I'm old)
Is that RT-AC86/U router setup yet? ;)

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Geniac - Mine suffered absolutely no remote hacking risk. Also, very good for making the tips of my fingers bleed as I "programmed" it.

c.geniac.jpgGENIAC_Electric_Brain.jpg

But back for the OP. Get thee a VPN and close all other ports.