JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look what the mailman brought!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just as well the "Picture for reference only".
Was that supposed to be your Huisun V2?
No this is half of my initial order. I ordered nvr and 2 domes but they didn't have the lens size I wanted. So the cameras are a few days behind. The v2 is in route to but hasn't hit us yet. Nvr and domes purchased 2/25. V2 on the 28th.

I have a tracking code for the v2 but nothing shows on epacket for it. My domes should arrive tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got my first of two yesterday. I ordered a few days apart since some have said you can get hit with duties otherwise.

The camera works, but half of the bubble wrap was deflated and the shipping box had a hole worn in in, like it had been dragged behind a car. The plastic housing of the camera also has gouges in it where whatever ate through the box and bubble wrap tore into the plastic.

However, the camera does seem to work.

There is one weird difference from my v1, though. When the v2 goes through its power on self test, it doesn't go back to center. It looks all the way to the right.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got my first of two yesterday. I ordered a few days apart since some have said you can get hit with duties otherwise.

The camera works, but half of the bubble wrap was deflated and the shipping box had a hole worn in in, like it had been dragged behind a car. The plastic housing of the camera also has gouges in it where whatever ate through the box and bubble wrap tore into the plastic.

There is one weird difference from my v1, though. When the v2 goes through its power on self test, it doesn't go back to center. It looks all the way to the right.
Are u going to install Microsd card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on it since I am using an NVR, but if I have spare, I might do it for kicks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

What are using to power the cam? I had that when power supply or poe wasn't supplying enough juice

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried it both with a 12V wall wart and with POE from my NVR. My v1 worked fine with both those sources. Hope my v2 ain't goofed up... but when you roll the Chinese dice, sometimes you're gonna lose.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On a side note my domes arrived today. Both cameras and nvr boxes arrived in great shape. No external damage. It's been fun playing around with them. Hopefully my buddy delivers the free cable Monday so I can install.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad. My self test is screwed up too. During the self test it trys to point backwards.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera will be used 99% of the time to point at one spot so as long as the "park" feature works, it will work out.

We'll see how it goes...

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Have you set a Park position? I set Preset 1 to where I want it and then assigned Preset 1 as the Park after 1 min. After power up it goes fine.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I tried it both with a 12V wall wart and with POE from my NVR. My v1 worked fine with both those sources. Hope my v2 ain't goofed up... but when you roll the Chinese dice, sometimes you're gonna lose.
I can tell you that issue I had with my first v2 (with failed POE) is that when I tested with 12V 1Amp adapter AND using Active POE injector with Cat 5e it did not return to last position after each reboot, instead it would end up all the way to the left. Also, if I set a preset it wouldn't go back to that preset after reboot. When I tried shorter Ethernet cable or Cat6 with active POE injector I no longer have this issue.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any idea when v2 4x are coming?

No idea, mine still hasn't shipped. Perhaps still working on an early batch
I just received a message from Monica and she said they are in stock but since it is a new model they are still testing.
Same for me, my order of the 4x model isn't shipped yet and Monica asked me to extend my order for 2 more days. It is a little scary that we will be receiving the first batch that may or may not be well tested.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can tell you that issue I had with my first v2 (with failed POE) is that when I tested with 12V 1Amp adapter AND using Active POE injector with Cat 5e it did not return to last position after each reboot, instead it would end up all the way to the left. Also, if I set a preset it wouldn't go back to that preset after reboot. When I tried shorter Ethernet cable or Cat6 with active POE injector I no longer have this issue.
How many feet of cable before and after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk