Getting the hang of it
- Jul 16, 2016
- Reaction score
Err....hmmm.....may I ask, when you mentioned step 7: Gave it my activation keyI decided to give BI v5 a try today coming from BI v4. I thought I would share my experiences. After reading all the issues with uninstalling BI v4 after v5 was installed, I decided I would try a different approach. The approach I took seemed to work without any issues; however, it could also be that the latest version of v5 is improved.
Everything came back up! The Webserver is working from both the computer and the phone app. I would imagine there are a few "gremlins" with BI v5 that are being worked out, one of which is I am unable to export video into any format (I sent that into support, in the event they were not aware).
- I stopped running v4 as a service
- Made a registry backup
- Deactivated my activation key
- Completely uninstalled BI v4 and said "Yes" when it asked if I also wanted to remove the registry settings
- Installed BI v5
- It automatically prompted me to install the Visual Studio dependencies it wanted
- Gave it my activation key
- Imported my registry backup from V4
- Enabled run as a service after going into services.msc and putting in the correct username and password for my network server locations
Does it mean that you key in the UPGRADE KEY (KEY emailed by Perspective Software when you renewed your software support and maintenance)?