Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm probably overlooking things but how do you move the clips/archives from the left side to the right side? I know someone mentioned this before and it was added as a feature but I can't figure it out.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm probably overlooking things but how do you move the clips/archives from the left side to the right side? I know someone mentioned this before and it was added as a feature but I can't figure it out.
Double click on the top header of the clips section.

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just updated my second of two BI machines to 5.0.0.56. This machine has 13 cameras vs the other just one.

I can only see one of my cameras and am not yet sure how to view the others. Alerts of the other cameras are still there but when I log in via UI3 or from the Android, I only see one camera.

I tried reimporting settings, uninstalling and reinstalling and even re-adding the cameras. Once I close BI and relaunch, only one camera remains.
Might need to switch the camera group or adjust the group settings.

Reaction score
Might need to switch the camera group or adjust the group settings.
Turns out I deactivated, re-activated and then re-imported my settings. All cameras are now showing and motion detection appears to be intact. Perhaps I activated they LE License instead of full. Operator Error :( Thanks for the help!

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It looks like I need to wait a little bit yet to update. I'm not an early adopter for this because I don't have the time to sit and mess with it right now. I'll keep checking back and when there seems to be very few problems, I'll take the plunge. Thanks to all of the early adopters out there.

KPtexan

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to clarify, is the opportunity still available for me to sign up for extended support and maintenance plan and get a free upgrade from BI4 to BI5? If so, do I need the $30 annual subscription based support plan or the $35 annual plan with no extension? Could not find indication of this on the BI website. Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, is the opportunity still available for me to sign up for extended support and maintenance plan and get a free upgrade from BI4 to BI5? If so, do I need the $30 annual subscription based support plan or the $35 annual plan with no extension? Could not find indication of this on the BI website. Thank you!
Yes. Either one of those options will work. As the site explains Support | Blue Iris "Any of these will upgrade a version 4 key to version 5 (indefinitely)"

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the service showing that it is running, but I cannot connect unless I restart the service. Granted, I did not stop the service that was running in v4 before installing v5, but I am wondering how I can fix the issue so that I can view my cameras without having to constantly restart the service. Help is greatly appreciated.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Waited (for some of) the dust to settle and finally jumped to V5 today; 5.0.0.57 x64. Read through everyone's good, bad, and ugly experiences so I was forewarned and hopefully prepared.

Actually the experience wasn't too bad; I followed the steps provided here and installation was completed without any hiccups. My old configuration, other than the already noted Profile losses and HardwareAcceleratedDecode reset to NO, came across fine.

An interesting note regarding Profiles. I recreated a continuous profile (Profile 2) and assigned it to a couple of cameras... they do record continuously but display Profile 1 within camera properties. Confusing, but performs as designed. (unique feature, rather than bug :) )

As with all new and improved (aka changes) it's going to take a little time with the manual to learn the locations and meanings of the new icons.

Kudo's to the author (and team) who developed and maintains this robust software...

jameshtx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do I have to migrate to V5? If I don’t want to, what’s the worse can happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
An interesting note regarding Profiles. I recreated a continuous profile (Profile 2) and assigned it to a couple of cameras... they do record continuously but display Profile 1 within camera properties. Confusing, but performs as designed. (unique feature, rather than bug :) )
When you open a camera's properties, and go to the Trigger, Record or Alerts tabs where the profile is changeable, the profile showing will be the same as the global profile. So if you have a camera using it's own schedule and on a different profile than the global profile, you'll see the global profile in those tabs when you open camera properties. If you have camera names displayed (right-click), you'll see the active profile in the window name area for any camera that you're overriding the global schedule.

Priority

n3wb
Reaction score
Decided it was time to bite the bullet and upgrade to V5.

Followed the migration guide here and it went smoothly. All settings (nothing fancy really) migrated without issue. Config is fairly straightforward -- 6x 2MP cams @ 15fps and 3x 8MP cams 15fps.

Running on fairly old hardware. i5-2600 with 16GB DRAM. Not seeing any CPU savings.

chavezcctv

n3wb
Reaction score
hi folks. i tried upgrading my v4 BI to v5. i got this error. once installed, v5 would not launch and so i had to uninstall v5 and go back to v4. when i launched v4, all my camera settings were gone. and i had to reconfigure them all.
i am hoping someone can let me know if installing 'vc_redist.x64.exe' will resolve this.
i tried sending this same info to the support email for BI an so far got no response. it's been about 2 weeks now. i hate to go through this all again.

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes install the vc runtimes should hopefully fix the issue. When I installed v5 at the point where it install the runtimes it then prompted me to repair, change or uninstall. I clicked repair but after it completed it came up with the same prompt so I just closed the dialog. This came up with another error but the rest of the install then finished. Checked to make sure the runtimes were installed which they were and BI ran with no issues.

Netwalker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just made the version jump on my home machine as I've got a new system to install soon and wanted to learn the new UI for version 5 prior to that.

Everything went perfect and version 5 was flawless until I uninstalled version 4 and rebooted.

I had to recover my settings from the backup and also point the www folder to the new install.

I also have to fix the issue with a disk space error (Clips showing in red on the app and main screen, but it says 11.6G/3.5T for usage). I've seen the fix earlier on in this thread, so I'll track it down.

If I had it to do over again, I'd make a settings backup from Version 5 after the install, but before removing version 4 and I bet it would have been an easy fix for the couple of issues above.

skiocink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
News about the "Sync to profile1" flag?

I'm still waiting to upgrade from 4 to 5

Netwalker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My disk usage/clip storage space issue was resolved after a DB repair.

CPU usage is down from 25%-27% to 20%-25%

The UI changes feel like change for changes sake (nothing gained), but the slider on the clip viewer is nice.