Blue Iris compatible doorbell/intercom/2 way audio

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Android, and yes he does. The dialog was always between me, Ken, and his app developer. It is pretty clear that whatever the issue is on the app, his app dev is absolutely stymied.
I just picked up a cheap rebranded hikvision cube by annke (50 via annke/60 via amazon - i am not at the locations of the other cubes, so I could not properly test those older ones) and it does work over wan/lan via the latest android mobile app and latest server update...use hikvision 2cdxxxx rtsp and leave everything default....its a bit clearer when wired, but works well, i tested for over a 30 min span, and each time it worked fine..

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's some fantastic news. I just got word back from him that the force-close when listening bug (I referenced under what's new) has been fixed and will be pushed out next. Been itching to try it with all my cubes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's some fantastic news. I just got word back from him that the force-close when listening bug (I referenced under what's new) has been fixed and will be pushed out next. Been itching to try it with all my cubes.
It's already out

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The fix is definitely in for the force close issue. However, my cameras are still unusable when trying to speak through the phone app. On your knock-off cubes, are the config pages similar? How do you have your audio profile set up - both on the camera and on the BI server?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The fix is definitely in for the force close issue. However, my cameras are still unusable when trying to speak through the phone app. On your knock-off cubes, are the config pages similar? How do you have your audio profile set up - both on the camera and on the BI server?
yes, its 100 percent hikvision rebranded firmware...use 2cdxxxx in BI...dont check backchannel...g7.11 u-law for both

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
yes, its 100 percent hikvision rebranded firmware...use 2cdxxxx in BI...dont check backchannel...g7.11 u-law for both
You get the post of the year award... I was on a-law on both. Changed to u-law... and perfect. I KNOW I tried that multiple times before, and yet, here I am feeling like an idiot. THANK YOU!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You get the post of the year award... I was on a-law on both. Changed to u-law... and perfect. I KNOW I tried that multiple times before, and yet, here I am feeling like an idiot. THANK YOU!
its the little things that get you..been there done that...enjoy! It may have been an update...long ago I tested it and it worked, but not nearly as good as now..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The new hikvision doorbell claims to be full duplex, if Ken could get that working full duplex, THAT would be a game changer...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have you played with the hik cube/clone with full duplex? I was screaming into the microphone on my phone with the PC speakers turned up all the way on the camera at my door in FL (I'm in TN). I figured I would hear myself coming through the PC speakers. Nada. I figured it was borked. So I kept trying. Then it dawned on me, there's some kind of feedback prevention going on which either cancels out the speaker, or mutes the mic on the camera. My neighbors, I'm sure, heard the incessant "Hello? Testing 1, 2, 3" at midnight... I verified by using an inside camera on the PC while speaking through the front door camera. The inside camera could hear it just fine (as could the neighbors).

Does that mean it's not full duplex? Because if I hold the phone up to my head and test with a camera in the house where I currently am, I seem to be able to converse with myself.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you played with the hik cube/clone with full duplex? I was screaming into the microphone on my phone with the PC speakers turned up all the way on the camera at my door in FL (I'm in TN). I figured I would hear myself coming through the PC speakers. Nada. I figured it was borked. So I kept trying. Then it dawned on me, there's some kind of feedback prevention going on which either cancels out the speaker, or mutes the mic on the camera. My neighbors, I'm sure, heard the incessant "Hello? Testing 1, 2, 3" at midnight... I verified by using an inside camera on the PC while speaking through the front door camera. The inside camera could hear it just fine (as could the neighbors).

Does that mean it's not full duplex? Because if I hold the phone up to my head and test with a camera in the house where I currently am, I seem to be able to converse with myself.
I dont believe these cams are full duplex...in the blue iris app if you enable both the speaker and mic, it wont work....
side note, if you long press the speaker icon, you get squelch settings...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm so stoked over this FINALLY working, I won't be able to get to sleep (I know, sick, right?). This was THE missing element for my vacay property

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for heads up about these cubes. Great price, I ordered two!

I just picked up a cheap rebranded hikvision cube by annke (50 via annke/60 via amazon - i am not at the locations of the other cubes, so I could not properly test those older ones) and it does work over wan/lan via the latest android mobile app and latest server update...use hikvision 2cdxxxx rtsp and leave everything default....its a bit clearer when wired, but works well, i tested for over a 30 min span, and each time it worked fine..

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just a note... these have 4mm lenses, not the 2.8mm that the Hikvisions have. That may limit usefulness in small spaces (like front door where seeing edge-to-edge for package delivery).

nydegger

n3wb
Reaction score
I have picked one of the cube cams and have it set as Hikvision 2cdxxxx in BI...backchannel not checked...g7.11 u-law for both and can't get it to work with android ver 2.0.47. Am I missing another setting in android.
I have tried it on my sons IPhone and it works correctly.
While in android if I push the mic button it pops back up in about 2 seconds. I noticed with the IPhone it stays depressed until pressed again.
The mic also works fine on the PC.
Any help....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have picked one of the cube cams and have it set as Hikvision 2cdxxxx in BI...backchannel not checked...g7.11 u-law for both and can't get it to work with android ver 2.0.47. Am I missing another setting in android.
I have tried it on my sons IPhone and it works correctly.
While in android if I push the mic button it pops back up in about 2 seconds. I noticed with the IPhone it stays depressed until pressed again.
The mic also works fine on the PC.
Any help....
Same user name in both? If yes .. uninstall then reinstall app

nydegger

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, same user name on Android and IOS. I have tried uninstalling once already. I have a Samsung S7 running 7.0, I have also tried on my wife's S8 and same results.
I can try uninstalling again if you think it is worth another shot.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, same user name on Android and IOS. I have tried uninstalling once already. I have a Samsung S7 running 7.0, I have also tried on my wife's S8 and same results.
I can try uninstalling again if you think it is worth another shot.
Ensure the app has mic permissions

nydegger

n3wb
Reaction score
I uninstalled and reinstalled one more time, still no luck. Under App Manager/Permissions it has Contacts, Location, Microphone, Phone and Storage. All on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I uninstalled and reinstalled one more time, still no luck. Under App Manager/Permissions it has Contacts, Location, Microphone, Phone and Storage. All on.
No idea...maybe a Samsung thing .. email support..