Blue Iris failed to start (1069)

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
I've done a CLEAN install, but whenever I try to boot as a service, it fails. My account is Local, Administrator, Password protected.

What now?

Thanks, Richard

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've done a CLEAN install, but whenever I try to boot as a service, it fails. My account is Local, Administrator, Password protected.

What now?

Thanks, Richard

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
That doesn't work. I'm starting from scratch. Install BI, goto settings / startup and tell it to run as a service. It asks for my windows login which I provide. After that, I can't get in.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't work. I'm starting from scratch. Install BI, goto settings / startup and tell it to run as a service. It asks for my windows login which I provide. After that, I can't get in.
sounds like you are not providing the proper credentials.
Are you attempting to store to a NAS?

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not attempting to store or do anything yet. This is a fresh install with no cameras.

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
My user is a non Microsoft account. When I go to services / properties / Log On / This account is: .\Richard

I've re-entered my password and confirmed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
when you say you did a clean install, do you mean of windows or just bi?

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
It's a fully updated Win 10 machine. I've probably rebooted it twenty times today trying to get this to work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a fully updated Win 10 machine. I've probably rebooted it twenty times today trying to get this to work.
Go into the registry, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Options
change service to 0
this will disable run as a service. Reopen BI enable the service and also make sure require run as administrator is checked.

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
Any other ideas? I have other things on this system that would be a pain to reinstall. BI used to run well on this system