Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike, do you have an account where us noble "users" can contribute a beer or two? Or if you don't "Partake" maybe a hardware fund for the hobby?

Thanks,
Bill
Thanks, Bill ( @wcrowder), I appreciate your generous offer and I certainly do partake, but I will have to respectfully decline. I'm glad to provide a tool that people like and use in the IP Camera community :D

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
There will be a new update released soon!

The new update includes various bug fixes plus new features like a DDNS updater :D

SCP

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Re: Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Mike,

Great program, useful and intuitive to use once you get the hang of it.

I have a feature request but it might be aiming too high..
I monitor two locations with Blue Iris - they're 100 miles apart (image uploaded):
Would it be possible to create multiple weather tabs for different locations?
I realize that one limitation is that Blue Iris only allows ten macros (currently).

Thanks for the hard work on this program.

Steve

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Mike,

Great program, useful and intuitive to use once you get the hang of it.

I have a feature request but it might be aiming too high..
I monitor two locations with Blue Iris - they're 100 miles apart (image uploaded):
Would it be possible to create multiple weather tabs for different locations?
I realize that one limitation is that Blue Iris only allows ten macros (currently).

Thanks for the hard work on this program.

Steve
I figured it was just a matter of time before this was requested. I have thought about adding that functionality before and will look into it more now :)

SCP

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mike,
You recently updated the display of precipitation when Imperial and Metric values are both shown. It looks like your conversion of inches to mm uses a factor of about 645 instead of 25.4.
Steve

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello. There was no selection to use SSL on on previous BIT versions. I have not changed anything in the e-mail system in a while so I'm not sure what is going on there. Have you tried using GMail to see if that works? I've never tested it on anything but Gmail to be honest. Also check your computer firewall settings please.
molimelight's issue is/was possibly a Gmail security setting. When I attempt to get BIT to send me email notifications, BIT gives me an error that I'll include in an attachment. Google then sends me a notification saying that it has disabled connections from old-style insecure email programs as a security measure. There's an option to disable the disablement within Gmail but that leaves your Gmail account more vulnerable to hacking.
BIT_Gmailerror_emailnotification.png

BIT_Gmailerror.png

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
molimelight's issue is/was possibly a Gmail security setting. When I attempt to get BIT to send me email notifications, BIT gives me an error that I'll include in an attachment. Google then sends me a notification saying that it has disabled connections from old-style insecure email programs as a security measure. There's an option to disable the disablement within Gmail but that leaves your Gmail account more vulnerable to hacking.
View attachment 7078

View attachment 7077
Very weird, thanks for letting me know that. I have not seen that before.
@SCP I will check the conversions before next update, thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

SCP

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here's what's in my current precipitation.txt file right now: 0.12" (77.47 m)

BertG3

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear,
Mike,

First of all: Thank you for this tool !

I just have a question...

Just like others, I have some problems with the weather information. I can use 2 weather stations.

In the first one, I don't receive the wind direction
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 20.33.54.png

In the second one, the wind speed is incorrect
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 20.34.17.png

Can I solve it ? Is it possible to release an update with a treatment for this problem, or is the information of Wunderground incorrect ?

Thank you for you answer and happy holidays !

jejosephso

n3wb
Reaction score
Running as a service or a scheduled task.

Nice job Mike. The solution works as advertised and was simple to set up. My use is specific to the weather overlays. Blue Iris is running on a 2012 R2 server, as a service. I tend to not login to the server directly. Now that I have configured the BIT I would like to use it primarily to keep my weather up to date. Is there a command line option to have it start, update and exit? If so I could meet my needs with a scheduled task.

Thanks for your time.

qb84

n3wb
Reaction score
So for a while now I've notice this process on the task manager that uses between 2-4% constantly ( WmiPRvSE.exe ). After some research I found out the cause was BlueIrisTools. The event viewer is full of these:

Id = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}; ClientMachine = ROOM-PC; User = Room-PC\User; ClientProcessId = 3484; Component = Unknown; Operation = Start IWbemServices::ExecQuery - root\cimv2 : Select * from win32_Process; ResultCode = 0x80041032; PossibleCause = Unknown
Closing blueiristools fixes the issue. I'm on Windows 10. Not sure if it happens on Windows 8 or below. Just wanted to share the info. I only use the watchdog function.

Happy new year! :)

Update: Running it in compatibility mode seems to fix it too.

Reaction score
I am running BI 4 and BIT 1.1.0 - When I assign a macro, for example Temp - %1 it shows on the image as Macro1 - I can open the file assigned - C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Temp\wzf610\txt\temperature.txt and it will show - 37.4°F, so that is correct. What am I missing?

Dennis - http://rathdrumweather.us

FinalX

n3wb
Reaction score
it shows
THE km /h is wrong the , is located at the wrong direction the weather page shows the correct value but just in bit it is wrong

Temperature: 34.2°F (1.2°C)
Humidity: 73%
Wind Speed: 2.9 MPH (46, km/h)
Wind Desc.: From the WSW @ 2.9 MPH (46, km/h), gusting to 4.0 MPH (64, km/h)
Precipitation: 0.00" (, mm)
Pressure: 30.01" (1016.1 mb)
Wind Chill: N/A
Heat Index: N/A
CPU Usage: N/A%
UV: N/A
Last Updated: 17:35:22 - 19-1-2016

The KM/H in
Wind Speed: 2.9 MPH (46, km/h)
should be
Wind Speed: 2.9 MPH (4,6 km/h)

and here
Wind Desc.: From the WSW @ 2.9 MPH (46, km/h), gusting to 4.0 MPH (64, km/h)
should be
Wind Desc.: From the WSW @ 2.9 MPH (4,6 km/h), gusting to 4.0 MPH (6,4 km/h)

whats the ,

please help me how to fix this issue

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@FinalX - Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it for next release. Can you please also tell me the weather station ID you are using? @Dennis Hall looks maybe you are adding it wrong in Blue Iris. Please check the FAQ thread by clicking the ? icon in BIT.

Last edited:

acontrasto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask about this. Kindly let me know if it's not.

I have been using BI for a few years now and just recently added a battery backup (UPS) to the server and I had a great idea for a feature that I'd like to see. I haven't actually used this watchdog program yet, but it seems like it would be the perfect tool to have this feature that I had the idea for. So let me get into the details.

Some UPS devices plug into computers via USB and notify a compatible program when there is a power outage so that it allows the computer to shut down gracefully, so my idea is to tap into the same data that the UPS software uses and use it to determine when the UPS is running on battery power, and when that occurs send out a notification via email, sms, and/or through the BI mobile app (if possible).

I've been looking for alternative ways to do this through a third party program running on the server, but have not had luck finding any yet.

Let me know if you think this would be a good feature to add, and if it's feasible. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just installed the app but i seems that it's not working (no weather info on my camera :(). I followed all the steps with no result. I am using an i7 PC (Win 10 Home x64, BI v4.2.8.4). BIT installation was flawless with no error. Did i missed something? :moody:

THANKS !

----------------------------------------
SOLVED ! Thanks !
----------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: