Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Discussion in 'Blue Iris Tools' started by Mike, Mar 30, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Yes, it works globally. WUnderground has weather stations on their system all over the place

2. Kawboy12R

Kawboy12R Getting comfortable

Hey Mike. I just installed BIT 1.1.2 first thing after a power outage (BI wasn't running again before I installed BIT) on a machine that I'd upgraded BI from 3.66 to 4. When first launched, BIT defaulted to running the old 3.66 instead of 4 which wiped out BI 4's footage database (which is shared) when 3.66 loaded. Not a disaster in this case but it might be for somebody. Technically it's probably a fault in BI 3.66 for wiping the newer database when it runs but it'd be nice if BIT tried a bit harder to avoid running 3.66 when both versions exist on the same computer. Either that or maybe detect the first time it is run after installation and not automagically launch something and ask the user which version of BI they'd like to have BIT launch, possibly with a warning that BI will wipe the current clip collection if the wrong version is selected and run.

3. Shuki

Shuki BIT Beta Team

Hi,

I am using BI tools and BI software latest version.
    I do get email notification for the watchdog detecting no connection to BI and starting it up.
    However, I am having an issue with CPU watchdog not sending alerts. It is configured to sample every 1 second, to alert above 10 seconds of CPU >80%. While this condition met, email not sent. Actually, no email sent for any CPU% on any settings while it's turned on and set to send alerts.

4. Mike

Mike Staff Member

You have to make sure you select which version of Blue Iris to use in BIT. Whichever version is selected will be opened.

Can you PM me a screen shot of your settings and log please?

5. Kawboy12R

Kawboy12R Getting comfortable

I know. The problem is that you have to launch BIT in order to change it. No version of Blue Iris was running when I opened it the very first time so therefore,before I got a chance to change it to select launching the new version 4, it had already launched version 3 which caused the loss of the clip database. There was no way to avoid it except, possibly, to have had v4 running when BIT was started the first time. Hopefully it would have detected v4 running even though it defaulted to launching and possibly just checking for v3.

6. Mike

Mike Staff Member

The next update will make sure this doesnt happen.

7. logbuilder

logbuilder Getting the hang of it

I am using a weather station around Seattle and the standard template. It contains CPU = N/A%. How do I get it to update with the correct percent utilization. Additionally, is there a way to get the external IP address to be shown?

Thanks, I really like your tool! Also, I really appreciate your efforts in regards to keeping this website going.

8. Mike

Mike Staff Member

BIT Update Released:

November 6, 2016 - v1.1.3
    • Fixed issue where BI path wouldn't save
    • Server Watchdog bug fixes
    • Framework added for multiple location updates (coming soon)
    • Various bug fixes

9. godfree1963

godfree1963 BIT Beta Team

Brilliant work as always Mike, installed and running no problems yet.

Really liking the new site.

Mike likes this.
  10. erkme73

erkme73 Pulling my weight

The last few days I've noticed temp variables not updating. My Acurite weather station is working find talking to wunderground, but BIT is hanging when trying to update with wunderground.com:
    upload_2016-11-14_14-10-4.png

I've changed nothing - other than accepting the update 1.1.3. If I end-task on BIT, and restart it, it'll start working again just fine. I have no other internet-access related issues, and there are no errors popping up. Any ideas what could be going off the rails?

ETA - when it's unable to pull data from the weather station, BIT will not pop up the results box, or any of the help dialog boxes (clicking on the ? marks). Yet, I'm still able to switch the tabs. It's acting like it's hung up, but I can still navigate the application. End-tasking and restarting, and it's working again - for a day or so.

11. skydivedani

skydivedani BIT Beta Team

Hi Mike!

I updated to the next release but the problem still exists, now for more than a year. Can i hope to have a solution?

Thanks
    Daniel

12. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Hey @skydivedani, TBH I had forgotten about the issue in the last release, I'll work on it for next one. Promise!

@erkme73 Shoot me over Teamviewer credentials so I can access the debuger and see what's going on.

fenderman likes this.
  13. erkme73

erkme73 Pulling my weight

Sorry Mike - I didn't get notification (or missed it) on your post. No worries. After a reboot, it has not happened again. Good 'ol Windoze.

Mike likes this.
  14. skydivedani

Hi Mike! Just sent to you the credentials.

Thank You,
    Daniel

15. Lynn

Lynn n3wb

Ok, I admit it I'm not as techy as I thought. I've been trying to setup a WU cam with Blue Iris. I got the cam, it works but I don't know where to begin to setup my cam to send photos. I've tried but I still get a "no" in the active space in my weather station KMILAKEO12 . Will the zip you have graciously offered help me setup for WU?

16. looney2ns

looney2ns Known around here

Keep in mind, it takes at least 24hrs for the cam to become active on WU. They have approve it first. Can take longer at times.

17. kiwibird

kiwibird n3wb

I cant get bit to find bi4. The screen gui is too small to see the fields.
    pictures enclosed.[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. bucko

bucko Young grasshopper

I just tried a clean install on my Win 7 PC and the install failed with "comctl32.dll access violation" error. I cancelled the install.

How do I get around this please?

19. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Download the error zip file in the first post, unzip, run software, update.

20. skydivedani

Hi Mike!

Can you log in to my server please to sort the long lasting issue out?

Thanks,
    Daniel

21. zebrock

zebrock Getting the hang of it

Installed this today without issue and must say, im impressed! Pretty cool app with lots of useful features. Thanks Mike!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Mike and fenderman like this.
  22. Bapski

Bapski Young grasshopper

ive set BIT to run minimized on the TRAY .. now i cannot open it to check my settings.. i am being prompted its running on system tray but i do not see it in there..

upload_2017-1-10_22-12-59.png

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  23. Mike

Mike Staff Member

BIT Update Released:

January 12, 2017 - v1.1.4
    • Essential bug fixes
    • More fixes / updates coming very soon
    • Progression on multiple location weather updates
    I realize that there are still a few issues that are not fixed, but I wanted to push out this update that has some essential bug fixes (directories not saving). I am working on other fixes and features and will push out another update soon.

Bapski likes this.
  24. skydivedani

Hi Mike,

installed the update and the problem still exist:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I send a PM with the new credentials, please check it with Teamviewer!

Thanks,
    Daniel

25. Mike

Mike Staff Member

lol dude everytime you send me the credentials they change. I replied to your PM.

26. Bapski

Bapski Young grasshopper

can't wait to go home and install the update. BIT was good first few days and then wen bonkers on me for some reason.

ive un-installed and re-installed and it seems like it still carries the old settings from the previous install i.e. minimize to tray setting to the new install... will I need a un-install software i.e. revo un-installer to remove all entries of BIT?

27. Mike

Mike Staff Member

No, you can just delete the settings.ini file to restore default settings (first close BIT). Stations are stored within the stations.ipct file, but I don't recommend deleting this file as you will lose your stations.

Bapski likes this.
  28. Bapski

Bapski Young grasshopper

still no bueno!

i have deleted both settings.ini files on both the "regular installation" and the "error-files only for issues" and BIT is still not running.

is there a direct download link for the update or do i only get to update through the older version? i.e. from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 thanks.

upload_2017-1-12_17-12-41.png

29. Mike

Mike Staff Member

@Bapski did you try terminating the BIT process then opening it? Send me a PM with your Ultraviewer credentials and I'll see what's up.

Bapski likes this.
  30. Bapski

Bapski Young grasshopper

I walked away from the computer to check on some bike stuff and when i came back, saw BIT starting to start. it took sometime to fully open and it updated itself... so im keeping my fingers crossed that my OVERLAY STAYS UP AND ACCURATE.

upload_2017-1-12_17-43-48.png

which brings me to ask. is BIT supposed to be running for the weather overlay to work? i am thinking it needs to so that is why i had it set to: run at windows boot and minimized to the tray. with me using these settings this is when i thought my weather overlay started to messing up.

what are the ideal settings for BI with BIT running on WINDOWS 2012 SERVER r2 with a scenario of unplanned REBOOTS? knowing that at times BI at times would fail to start? i do have it running as a service...

thanks so much for your kind help...

==
    well, i did speak too soon. overlays are not updating and i cannot open BIT again...sent you my ULTRAVIEW credentials via pm..

thanks.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017