Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Discussion in 'Blue Iris Tools' started by Mike, Mar 30, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Mike

Mike Staff Member

BIT is independent from BI. You should install it in its own directory. If you did that, try using the zip in the first thread (error-files only for issues.zip).

I am hoping to push an update for BIT this week to address the new BI4 issues with BIT.

2. MyHD120

MyHD120 n3wb

What I'm saying is, when I click on the file for download and try to open it/install it, I get that error. And thanks for the quick answer.

I just tried the 'error' file and got the same error.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  3. MyHD120

MyHD120 n3wb

Mike,
    I was able to install it. But it can't find BIv4. I think I'll wait for your update. Thanks.

4. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Just manually set the BI4 directory for now and the Watchdog will work properly.

5. BILJ65

BILJ65 n3wb

I can't get email notification to work because Comcast requires I use SSL but there's no option to enable that in the Email Settings.

6. sprucecams

sprucecams Getting the hang of it

Use Gmail as I do. I recommend third party email services in general so as to be independent (at least as much as possible) from your ISP.

7. Overcon

Overcon Getting the hang of it

BI Supports SSL, it's an option on the email setup page even.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. erkme73

erkme73 Pulling my weight

I apologize if this has been asked within the 9 pages here, but searching on "cpu overlay" yields 3 pages of results, none of which contain the term CPU. Go figure.

Is it possible to have an overlay that is a real-time reflection of the BI pc's CPU load?

9. phillip da

phillip da Getting the hang of it

Hi, I'm trying to setup the weather features on this app. I followed the step by step instructions. When I key in %1 to add the macro in Blue Iris I only get a text saying "Macro1"

10. phillip da

phillip da Getting the hang of it

Ignore my last post, I just found the reason why I had Macro1. It's all working now.

11. Mike

Mike Staff Member

As of now, you cannot overlay the cpu usage onto the cameras but I really like that idea and will definitely incorporate it into the next release.

12. Ox1574

Ox1574 Young grasshopper

What did you do to fix? I am having the same issue with Macro4 showing up on the screen and not the actual data.

Thanks

13. Overcon

*Sorry, first reply didn't display the posted images, had to attach them.

If you are using BlueIris 4, then the best way to get overlay macros working is to go into Bi setup under MACROS and then specify the path to the txt file you want to use created by BI Tools:

[​IMG]

Then, on the camera overlay, specify the Macro as you normally would:

[​IMG]

And you should be all set!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    NetWorker likes this.
  14. NetWorker

NetWorker BIT Beta Team

Excellent tip, thank you!

I changed the path for the BI db, alerts, storage, and new directories to my D: drive instead of C: drive within the BI options.

Blue Iris tools does not seem to detect this change. The Watchdog [Folder Monitor] shows up empty even there are clips stored in those directories.

Has anyone else encountered this? I looked in the settings.ini for BI tools but did not find a place to specify the path manually.

Is something wrong with my setup or do we need to wait for an update?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  15. Nregan

Nregan n3wb

Mike,
    Thank you for BIT.
    A suggestion for a future release:
    Allow BIT to remember its window position and tab settings after a restart.
    I use it mostly on the Watchdog tab, with the window set to the side of my screen.
    it always restarts in the middle of the screen (under Blue Iris) and on the Weather Overlay tab.

Maybe it can already do this ?

16. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Thanks for all of the input and updates everyone. Basically when BI4 was introduced, some registry values were changed and the wow64node portion of registry is no longer in use for BI4 in an effort to allow users to easily upgrade from BI3 to BI4 without losing anything and despite whether or not on a 32 bit or 64 bit machine. Ken did a great job doing this, but I built Blue Iris Tools to recognize whether the system is 64 bit or 32 bit in order to properly store / grab values in the correct location in registry. Now with the introduction of BI4 and the wow64node location being dropped, a few things went haywire in BIT w/ BI4 such as setting custom folder locations in BI, finding the path for BI (only works for BI3), etc. The majorly important features of BIT (Watchdog and weather overlay) are working fine, it's a few of the extra features that aren't agreeing with BI4.

I want everyone to know that I have been working on solutions for this and will be pushing out a major update as soon as I can, it's just taking a little extra time than I would like it to.
    @Nregan I will do this on the next release.

Thanks again everyone for using my software, I am very glad to see it is helping out a lot of people and will continue to develop it. I have a lot of ideas that I want to incorporate into BIT to keep improving it.

fenderman likes this.
  17. Overcon

Thank you for the awesome application!

18. Overcon

Mine are in different locations and seem to be working fine as far as I can tell.

19. NetWorker

NetWorker BIT Beta Team

hmm, wondering if I have a corrupt installation now. Encountering some strange things with BI and BIT.

Watchdog does not detect storage folders as I mentioned earlier. Push notification tests work but motion alarm detection is not sending any sort of notification with BIT. BI does the same thing but only sends a notification when the camera restarts or loses signal so maybe that is just a configuration issue. Either way I'm probably just going to start over fresh to save time and learn more.

Are you using Google Analytics?

EDIT : Well fresh start and still not detecting that storage location.

all I've done is move them to my D: drive instead of C:
    I noticed the c: is lowercase and I've tried both ways with d: and D: but still no go.
    THere is about 1.76GB of data in the directories.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  20. Overcon

Not using Analytics, no need as I am the only one that hits the website. But I don't have anything I can think of specific for the clips.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• bi.jpg
      bi.jpg
      File size:
      106.9 KB
      Views:
  21. NetWorker

NetWorker BIT Beta Team

Yeah looks pretty normal to me. I even tried moving the "New" directory to root just as you (D: in my case) but still no dice.

Do I need to give BI permission to BI Tools or something? BIT detects the installation and successfully starts the Watchdog features although they don't seem to be working.

Thanks for the screenshot, it's helpful to know I'm on the right page at least.

22. Mike

Mike Staff Member

@NetWorker, it's a registry issue. What version of BI are you using and are you on a 32 bit or 64 bit machine? My guess is BI4 on a 64 bit, right? The next update will be a large one to make sure things like this can't happen, regardless of the BI version. I am going to allow users to set specific destinations if BIT doesn't pick anything up and other things like that.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    NetWorker likes this.
  23. NetWorker

NetWorker BIT Beta Team

Hey Mike, yeah it's a 64bit OS. Windows 7 Pro X64 to be specific.

That is good to know it's not a user error as I didn't think it should be that complicated with all the trial and error. Looking forward to the next big update!

Thanks for your reply.

edit : @Mike

One more question for you. I'm using your application to inject google analytic code into the HTM files. I noticed your tool uses something completely different from how Google says to use it but both provide the same result from what I can tell so far.

BIT GA code is :
    Code GA says to use is :
    Which should I use? Since I'm using the new and improved website files from the hard work of @bp2008, wondering which files I can and should be adding GA code to acquire as much useful data as I can.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  24. Mike

Mike Staff Member

@NetWorker BIT was using the traditional syntax code snippet for Google Analytics but I already changed it to the newer Universal Analytics for the next version of BIT. Add the code to all of the files in the BI 'www' directory, BIT will only add the code to the appropriate files (excluding the cliplist files in @bp2008's web server).

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    NetWorker likes this.
  25. rabittn

rabittn n3wb

Does BIT log why its restarting BI?

I only have Program monitor and Web Server Monitor enabled. So i imagine its one of them causing it but not sure why.

26. PyxOne

PyxOne n3wb

Mike, thanks for this tool :)

Made a Dutch translation.

Attached Files:

Mike likes this.
  27. ServiceXp

ServiceXp Getting the hang of it

I'm guessing this can't be used with D2D (Direct-To-Disk)?

28. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

It can, it is actually better for my use with direct to disk, because it shows the weather info but doesnt record it so you have a clear unobstructed view of anything that occurs..
    The watchdog function is the primary use for me though anyway...

Mike and ServiceXp like this.
  29. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Not yet, the only way of logging right now is to receive a notification (e-mail, pushover, etc.). I plan on incorporating a log into a future release.

Thanks so much, I added it to the second post!

Just a heads up that I am still working on the next release. It will be a major release so I am going right to v.1.1.0. It addresses the bugs that have been introduced because of BI4 and also includes several new features (CPU % overlay, date weather updated overlay, new language definitions and more).

Thanks for everyone's patience while I finish up the next release.

30. NetWorker

NetWorker BIT Beta Team

Thanks Mike, looking forward to it!

Mike likes this.