Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Discussion in 'Blue Iris Tools' started by Mike, Mar 30, 2014.

Share This Page

1. acvb

acvb Getting the hang of it

Just for fun.... would you change the I-frame-interval from 20 to 15 and drop the max bitrate from 4096 to 2048. And audio/video from highest to high setting. See if that helps too.

2. dammad

dammad n3wb

I'm on Win7 Ultimate.. I'll try a few other combinations to see if I can track it down.. I guess it is possible BI is doing something (rebuilding the DB) in the background and it just caught at the same time as the BI Tools install.

3. webrat11

webrat11 n3wb

Hi, I have been having an issue the last few days re FTP uploads of Images to WU - see here in the BI Troubleshooting section. I have reverted to BI Tools 1.01 and all is well again. Bug maybe?
    Regards,
    Ian

4. Mike

Mike Staff Member

What are you using BIT for? As of right now BIT only supports text overlay weather, not images.

5. webrat11

webrat11 n3wb

Just using BIT to overlay - if i use the old version all is OK, BI can FTP, if I use the latest version for some reason FTP stops...weird.

6. Mike

Mike Staff Member

That's very weird, BIT shouldn't interfere with that at all. Were you using the webserver Watchdog on the new version when you tried? If so, what port is your BI server running on? Thanks.

7. webrat11

webrat11 n3wb

Hi Mike. Yes I was/am using Watchdog on 8181. When I have a little more time next week I will re-install the latest BIT version and see if a different port makes a difference.
    Regards, Ian

8. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Try disabling the webserver watchdog and see if that changes anything.

9. lojix

lojix Getting the hang of it

This is an excellent utility! Thanks for sharing this with the community Mike.

Blue Iris Tools will complement my system nicely.

Mike likes this.
  10. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Updated to v1.0.4 on December 24, 2014

Today I patched BIT to support Blue Iris 4, including the 64 bit version. This patch will allow BIT Watchdog (Program Monitor) to function properly. I will release a full BI 4 update to BIT after the holidays, for now this will ensure BIT works with Blue Iris 4.

What's New
    -Patch to work properly with Blue Iris 4 (x64 bit version too).

* IMPORTANT! *
    Make sure to change the directory in BIT to the new Blue Iris 4 directory! The detect BI button will not work, I will fix it after the holidays :)

Please use the built in update tool in BIT to update.

James DiBernardo likes this.
  11. James DiBernardo

James DiBernardo Young grasshopper

i came here looking to see if there was an update, i was not disappointed.:)

Update: The 1.0.4 Version fails to find the new folder for BI 4 if x64

12. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Yes I am aware, please make sure to specify the BI 4 directory. I do not have time to fix the Detect BI button right now and unfortunately will not until after the holidays, just wanted to release a quick patch for BI 4 while I can.

13. James DiBernardo

James DiBernardo Young grasshopper

No problem, understandable, thanks for the fast update!

14. TSENEB

TSENEB n3wb

Hello,
    Many Thanks for your excellent utility.
    i want to mention that for BI4 at watchdog there is no BI NAME and the web does not find the ip/port
    Thanks

15. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up. The only incorporation of BI4 into BIT is the Watchdog (program monitor), I am out of town until Jan 3 and will push an update out when I am back.

16. Oscark

Oscark n3wb

Norwegian(Bokmål)

Attached Files:

Mike and fenderman like this.
  17. wrusprod

wrusprod n3wb

I setup the BI tools, have the macros set.weather station. doesnt setup on cameras, and i believe it is with the update (im on BI 4). but when i close it and try to reopen i get a runtime 76 error, and all my settings are gone from BI tools. close and try to rerun it. it says already running. but its not. so i go to task manager and close it in processes. then it will reopen but with the runtime error. this is a great tool! thank you and sorry to bother you, if this is just something that will come with updated BI tools.

18. Overcon

Overcon Getting the hang of it

I know you'll be working on it when you can, but I just wanted to say that it seems like there is an issue with BI Tools and version 4 with the watchdog or something. Whenever I launch the tools it starts a service cycle relaunch of Blue Iris 4 until the system simply stops responding. This didn't occur until BI 4.10 was released and I did the update from 4.05; that is when it started. It was working fine with BI version 4.05 and no hitches.

So for now I am not running the tools as every time I launch it the cycle starts.

19. gwp1

gwp1 n3wb

Has anyone run into an issue where the BIT grabs the weather update once and then errors every time after that? I tried multiple stations, etc. Then, after continually retrying it finally crashes the workstation which ends up rebooting. At first I thought it was due to Watchdog running but even turning that off made no difference.

Any advise would be appreciated - thanks!

20. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Is this with BI 4?

21. gwp1

gwp1 n3wb

Sorry, should have clarified: BI3. 4 errors and won't run for me as yet.

22. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Hmmm not having that issue..you will have to wait until Mike gets back to troubleshoot it.

23. gwp1

gwp1 n3wb

To clarify further, BI4 errors and won't run as yet. The issue is with BI3. I've got it turned off for the moment.

24. avatar42

One thing missing from Blue Iris that your tools might be able to easily fix is to change setting for a set of cameras. Primarily for situations like Geovision DVR support where I need to tack a session ID onto the stream URL. The session ID seems to need to be changed often and it is VERY tedious to change on each of 20 cameras (2 servers) separately. Selection by group would be good enough. Along the same vain it would be great to be able to bulk set options on selected cameras Like post 100% jegs to folderX.

25. krolidon

krolidon n3wb

Installed, up and running with weather info in about 15 minutes. Pretty straightforward. Macros needed to be added to Blue Iris "Options" in addition to setting up in tools and the text overlays camera properties. Didn't notice that step mentioned. Also, had to manually update the Blue Iris 4 program path. The default is to Program Files (x86) Blue Iris 3. Since the recent update to Blue Iris 4, I have experience program crashes on two occasions in 7 days. The "Watchdog" in Blue Iris Tools is perfect as it reloads and starts Blue Iris if it detects the program has quit, crashed or otherwise is not running. All in all nice companion to Blue Iris. Thank you!

26. wrusprod

wrusprod n3wb

Re: Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

The adding the macros to Blue Iris Options worked for the Temp. but the other macros just give the path when i add to camera overlay. any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

disregard. path wasn't correct in the BI options, macros setting. works great!

27. sprucecams

sprucecams Getting the hang of it

BIT is not detecting the directories for BIv4. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. BIT worked great with BIv3.xx, but ever since v4 has been installed, no go.

28. krolidon

krolidon n3wb

You have to manually change the program path in Blue Iris Tools. BI4 is 64 bit and located in a separate, unique folder.

29. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this issue. I am aware of it and will have it addressed in the next release, which I'm hoping will be soon.

fenderman likes this.
  30. MyHD120

MyHD120 n3wb

When I try to install BIT in BIv4 it says "Application not found". What am I doing wrong?