Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has this been tested on 3.66? Just curious because I let it install the update and it immediately started throwing up errors. Saying something about "wrong type size"? Every time I would click on the OK on the error message it would throw another one up. I had to kill the process. I tried restarting BI and the Windows 7 machine and same thing. I uninstalled it and went back to the previous version and it ran fine. I don't think I'll let it update again until I hear something.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Has this been tested on 3.66? Just curious because I let it install the update and it immediately started throwing up errors. Saying something about "wrong type size"? Every time I would click on the OK on the error message it would throw another one up. I had to kill the process. I tried restarting BI and the Windows 7 machine and same thing. I uninstalled it and went back to the previous version and it ran fine. I don't think I'll let it update again until I hear something.
It's been tested on both 3.X and 4.X with no issues. Try using the files in the error zip in the first post, see if that works.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@atoombunker In the meantime you can use NSSM (The Non-Sucking Service Manager) It will let you run any application as a service. It's very easy. It took me longer to write this than to install the service itself (and I'm a fast typer) :)

toonwolf
I know this was recommended last year and I guess it worked with previous BIT and Windows versions, but is anyone still using it with the new update and Windows 10? I know is kind of early to know, but maybe someone has it configured and running now with either NSSM or other program and can share the process. I'm not having any luck with NSSM and Windows 10, so maybe an incompatibility issue or just a configuration issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

*UPDATE - 9/30/2015*

Was able to use NSSM and install BIT as a service. I just needed to check/enable the option to allow the service to interact with desktop. Now I can use different accounts in the computer and logoff keeping BIT running.

Last edited by a moderator:

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So where do I download BIT? My BI keeps error-ing out when I'm at work.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The first post in this thread.
Thank, I figure that's where it should be but went half blind looking for it. It's at the BOTTOM of the first post with the attached thumbnails.

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mike......
When Watchdog (program monitor) is enabled along with the detect screen freeze then the update time seems to become random. It certainly does not update at a 10 minute interval consistently. Is this the expected behavior?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike......
When Watchdog (program monitor) is enabled along with the detect screen freeze then the update time seems to become random. It certainly does not update at a 10 minute interval consistently. Is this the expected behavior?
Hi @Donald,
The weather update time? I have not seen anything like this. Can I Teamviewer in? PM me details.

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
There will be another update coming soon with minor bug fixes. If anyone else would like to report anything before the next update, please do :)

Thanks!

Reaction score
How do I setup pushover notifications? Where do I get the application API token from?

EDIT: Figured it out. Create a new application on pushover.net

Last edited by a moderator:

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mike,

just wanted to thank you for developing BIT. Writing weather data to my BI video is something I wanted to do. Found BIT and have been in heaven ever since. Thank You. I know a project like this must take up a good part of your spare time and sir......I thank You.

skydivedani

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

When Wind speed and wind Desc. is unchecked, BI tools updating from Wunderground, if checked still getting "Error connecting to Wunderground" message. Same in BI3 and BI4...

Please fix this problem, i really need the Wind data.

Thank You,
Daniel

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

When Wind speed and wind Desc. is unchecked, BI tools updating from Wunderground, if checked still getting "Error connecting to Wunderground" message. Same in BI3 and BI4...

Please fix this problem, i really need the Wind data.

Thank You,
Daniel
Thanks, I will fix this. Can you tell me the weather station ID you are using so I can replicate the issue please?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

IPESTMEG3

Thank You,
Daniel
Thanks, Daniel. The issue is not happening on my end when using this station. Can I Teamviewer into your computer so I may enter the debugging mode to further investigate? Please private message me those details rather than posting on the open forum.

Thanks,
Mike

skydivedani

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

i sent you the credentials.

Thank You!

Daniel

Thanks, Daniel. The issue is not happening on my end when using this station. Can I Teamviewer into your computer so I may enter the debugging mode to further investigate? Please private message me those details rather than posting on the open forum.

Thanks,
Mike

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to get around the errors I was having when starting up version 1.1 using BI 3.66. I downloaded the zip file for errors and unzipped it to a directory on my desktop. I started BI Tools from that directory and it allowed me to choose which version of BI I was using which it wasn't doing before (It was just throwing up the error messages and I couldn't get to the main screen to select V3.) I chose V3 and closed it and copied everything over to the BI Tools directory. I just had to go in and delete the ini file so it would use the correct directories rather than the ones it was using from my desktop folder and I have it running now. I'm using Windows 7 32 bit if that makes any difference as to what you have tested it with. I have run into a problem getting the e-mail to function, which I had working on the previous version. No matter what server or port combination I try I keep getting the message "The transport failed to connect to the server." I thought there was a selection for using SSL (which my ISP requires) on the previous version but I don't see it here. Any ideas?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I was able to get around the errors I was having when starting up version 1.1 using BI 3.66. I downloaded the zip file for errors and unzipped it to a directory on my desktop. I started BI Tools from that directory and it allowed me to choose which version of BI I was using which it wasn't doing before (It was just throwing up the error messages and I couldn't get to the main screen to select V3.) I chose V3 and closed it and copied everything over to the BI Tools directory. I just had to go in and delete the ini file so it would use the correct directories rather than the ones it was using from my desktop folder and I have it running now. I'm using Windows 7 32 bit if that makes any difference as to what you have tested it with. I have run into a problem getting the e-mail to function, which I had working on the previous version. No matter what server or port combination I try I keep getting the message "The transport failed to connect to the server." I thought there was a selection for using SSL (which my ISP requires) on the previous version but I don't see it here. Any ideas?
Hello. There was no selection to use SSL on on previous BIT versions. I have not changed anything in the e-mail system in a while so I'm not sure what is going on there. Have you tried using GMail to see if that works? I've never tested it on anything but Gmail to be honest. Also check your computer firewall settings please.