Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

Naniad

n3wb
Reaction score
Strange mine isn't working. Though mine just not has the update issue it also can't connect to Wunderground for some reason.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Strange mine isn't working. Though mine just not has the update issue it also can't connect to Wunderground for some reason.
Make sure you have a solid working connection between your weather station and pc/network. It used to simply use stale data when station disconnected ,(i.e. batteries died) but now if the RF signal disconnects , BIT errors out when trying to update WU. It makes it look like the problem is with pushing data to WU when it's really with the station/sensor.

j2a

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't see this as being corrected. As soon as I click on check for updates I get the same error I've been getting for several weeks.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have too but others above said its been fixed, but it hasn't. If I click the change log or update I still have same error.
I'm assuming that once it is fixed, @Mike will post something here. Also, if folks are having problems retrieving their Wunderground data, add the Wunderground Station ID to the end of this URL to check and make sure that the station you're using is still online and sending data.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/STATION_ID_IN_ALL_CAPS
like this example: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTXAUSTI8

Look just below the Station Summary to see if it is online and when the station last updated.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I don't see this as being corrected. As soon as I click on check for updates I get the same error I've been getting for several weeks.
I didn't notice the error when I clicked to check update right before I posted previously. Just tried it again and got the error. No idea...

Burratha

n3wb
Reaction score
Every time the application starts it resets the measurements back to Imperial. It's been like this many months. I've even tried changing the .ini file where the settings are saved, but they get overwritten on the next start. It's very frustrating. My camera server rarely re-starts, but when it does (for example after a larger Windows update) I have to go back and change the settings.
thanks - glad it's not just me. I only really use BIT for this, and I might end up just removing the overlay until its fixed. shame.

Reaction score
The issue is only with updating BIT, not the operation of it. It still functions just fine.
Correct, but there are a few that are saying that it has been fixed, and a few others saying that they are having WU data issues. Although I was plagued by the BIT "update fails" I had stopped the auto checking for updates. But upon hearing that "it was fixed" I tried to set that to auto again. But the message is back as failing to connect to the web server for the update... So for me, anyway, it is not fixed.

j2a

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct, but there are a few that are saying that it has been fixed, and a few others saying that they are having WU data issues. Although I was plagued by the BIT "update fails" I had stopped the auto checking for updates. But upon hearing that "it was fixed" I tried to set that to auto again. But the message is back as failing to connect to the web server for the update... So for me, anyway, it is not fixed.

Updating BIT is not fixed.

Operation of BIT is unaffected by this issue and does not present a logical reason to stop using it. The data is pulling in from WU just fine far as I, and others, can tell.

marsolek84

n3wb
Reaction score
I am in the same boat, as far as error with update.

As far as the weather overlay, that is still pulling from WU just fine. I do have a question how to get it to pull from multiple stations. I tried many different ways but I am unable to get it configured correctly. I don't know what I am missing, I assume its something simple, but I just cant make the connections. I have been unable to find any tutorial on it. Can anyone me out with this and point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.