Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI3 version 56 is now available, including a number of bugfixes.

Releases - bp2008/ui3
To install releases from github, download the release zip and extract it to Blue Iris 4/www, overwriting all files.

Version 56
  • Improved video scaling when playing a recording that has a different resolution than the camera it belongs to.
  • Digital zoom (mouse-wheel zoom) can now be configured such that the 1x zoom level matches the current streaming resolution instead of the camera's native resolution (new setting under the "Digital Zoom" category). This produces smaller but better-looking video at the lower quality settings.
  • Bugfixes
  • A note about HTML5 autoplay restrictions: It has come to my attention that in some situations UI3 does not detect when a browser or browser extension prevents HTML5 video playback from starting automatically. This situation will be improved in a future release.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Releases - bp2008/ui3
To install releases from github, download the release zip and extract it to Blue Iris 4/www, overwriting all files.

Version 57
  • UI3 now detects a second common method of preventing HTML5 video autoplay, which should reduce the chance that the video freezes or fails to load upon starting UI3.
  • Circumvented Chrome extension "Disable HTML5 Autoplay" because it doesn't provide whitelisting functionality.
  • Circumvented Chrome extension "HTML5 Video Autoplay Blocker" because the limited manner in which it listened for input was not compatible with UI3's overlay that asks for user input.
  • Circumvented Chrome extension "Disable HTML5 Autoplay (Reloaded)" because it was breaking UI3's HTML5 video module entirely.

PatPend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like it is most likely an HTML5 autoplay restriction enforced by the browser. I will see if I can reproduce this on my macbook so I can make UI3 detect that state properly and pop up the appropriate message. Evidently most browsers don't implement this restriction the same way :(
Well your instinct was correct, I'd forgotten I installed HTML5 autoplay stopper extensions on FF and Opera on that mac. My bad. Disabled them and UI3 production version works. I'm guessing the beta did not use HTML5 streaming?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is correct. Basically all web sites and advertisements containing video use an HTML5 "video element" and that is what browsers and extensions are blocking. UI3 didn't use one of those until release version 27 on June 2nd (2018).

The problem is with extensions that attempt to block autoplay. They all behave differently, as they pre-date the standard that has arisen to handle autoplay blocking. UI3 should be a little better at detecting them now with Version 57, but there will still be some extensions out there which don't work nicely with UI3. I am willing to investigate and try to circumvent any such extension, as I did with the three Chrome extensions as noted in the Version 57 patch notes.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, this morning all of my local pc's are not connecting to the BI Web page. I also tried the remote (outside) address, same thing, no connect. "Site can't be reached".
Haven't done anything to BI but did copy up the latest BIU3 a couple of days ago but everything worked fine then. Then this morning, no go.
It does run on a browser on the host machine for BI though.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Odd. A simple reboot on the BI server fixed it so I can now connect to BIU3 from all local machines. That's never happened before but I guess I'm ok.

Reaction score
I just received the following response from Bit Defender.
Renaming the httpproxy.dll file in safe mode worked for me. I can now view remotely UI3 and the BI app on Android.

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue which has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix which will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

In the meantime, you can apply the below workaround:

1. Restart your device in safe mode as guided below:
How do I restart in Safe Mode?
2. Navigate to the file path below:
C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security
3. Rename the "httpproxy.dll" file to "hpptproxy.dllx" without the quotation marks.
4. Restart back in normal mode.

We will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as we have one.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UI3 still works in chrome browser on PC for me, but getting "an unexpected error has occurred in /ui3.htm (v 57 / 4.8.2.2). A full refresh may solve the problem" on my LG 4k tv browser which previously worked perfectly on every other previous version...so, i'm guessing something has changed which is causing this?!...anyone else getting this?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Take a picture of the error message with your phone and post it here. It will most likely be enough that I can figure out which part of the new code is causing trouble.

Someone else beat you to it I think. You can try version 58 from here, or wait until the next Blue Iris update to include it. bp2008/ui3

Last edited:

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I spoke too soon I guess. Today my other machines cannot connect to the BIWeb but on the BIWeb machine I can use Chrome and BIWeb works there.
I will try the hpptproxy.dllx listed above next.

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having a small issue that has been there for a while but I am really trying to fix,

I have BI fully updated and optimized and when viewing a single camera, all is good. Good quality, CPU frames etc.

When viewing all cameras (8x 1080p @12fps@2048) I get good frame rates according to BI. I get full 12fps. But the images on the screen each update on there own and very slowly. you can sit and watch each camera one at a time and can see the frame update on the screen move thru each camera one at a time.

What could be causing this?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you enabled "Limit decoding" and your group isn't configured to require all frames when streaming then that could explain why each camera updates slowly.

vitus

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using a Samsung Smart TV as a monitor for a while which worked really good. Now when I use UI3 the TV throws an error "undefined: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE. Still works great using UI2 tho. Any ideas?