Blue Iris UI3

slimnil

n3wb
Reaction score
@slimnil That is not the same error ;)

BI support asked me for input on your issue this morning, and here is what I told them:
This is great information but I'm a bit concerned
@slimnil That is not the same error ;)

BI support asked me for input on your issue this morning, and here is what I told them:
Thank you for your reply!! I am a bit concerned to proceed as I do not find the update*.exe file in my BI4 folders. Additionally I'm not certain if I am to simply copy all the files found in the UI3 zip file to my www folder. I can certainly do that though.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, copy all the files from the UI3 zip file to the www folder and let it overwrite everything.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't have the last BI4 update file, I think you can download the full installer for BI4 off the blueirissoftware.com website and use that to reinstall.

slimnil

n3wb
Reaction score
If you don't have the last BI4 update file, I think you can download the full installer for BI4 off the blueirissoftware.com website and use that to reinstall.
BINGO. Success !!! I copied all the UI3.zip files into www folder and I am able to log in now. THANK YOU!!! It is a total mystery as to why the files were missing. I use your (and love) UI daily over and over and have made no changes to the BI software on my server. Super strange. Nevertheless it works now. Thank you again !!!!!

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Sorry to bug but the 2 icons (lower right corner "maximize video" and "full screen") does not work on iPhone. My IOS is v13.3.1. I have same problem on iPad mini.

Both tested with Safari browser. I did try restarting BI server and clearing browser cache/history. It used to work in older, older UI3 release.
BTW, I do not have this problem on my Windows tablet with Chrome.

I have UI3 v105, included with BI v5.2.0.3.

Any workaround or fix?IMG_6623.PNG

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@actran The fullscreen button not working is Apple's doing. They don't allow browsers to use fullscreen mode in iOS currently. The fullscreen functionality has not ever changed meaningfully in UI3, so if it used to work, it is Apple's change.

I could probably look into it further and see if I can detect when fullscreen mode doesn't work and show a warning, hide the button, or something. And I am sure I could also fix the maximize video button. It is likely bugged only as a side-effect of fullscreen mode not working. I just don't use iOS devices so its a pain to develop for :)

slimnil

n3wb
Reaction score
@bp2008 Sorry to bug but the 2 icons (lower right corner "maximize video" and "full screen") does not work on iPhone. My IOS is v13.3.1. I have same problem on iPad mini.

Both tested with Safari browser. I did try restarting BI server and clearing browser cache/history. It used to work in older, older UI3 release.

Any workaround or fix?View attachment 56933
@actran I have no problem with my iPhone 10 IOS 13.3.1 and Safari

Any workaround or fix?View attachment 56933
@actran I have an iPhone 10 running IOS 13.3.1 and Safari and have no trouble with either of those two buttons.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hopefully good news, as I have tried it again this morning without issue. :)
I tried UI3 on iPhone again and can't get those 2 lower-right icons to toggle. I cleared Safari cache. In UI3 settings, I tried "Reset all Settings". Shutdown iPhone and restarted it.

No luck, those 2 icons still do not work for me. The icon to change resolution does works so it's just those 2 mentioned previously.

ohlin5

n3wb
Reaction score
@bp2008 I've got a problem that's officially got me stumped. I too am getting an odd 503 error at seemingly random intervals when accessing UI3. I can log in fine and the cameras visually appear fine, but every so often (fairly frequently) I get a toast message with a 503 json error. When I access UI3 through http://local_ip: port it doesn't seem to happen, but when accessing via dns name (internally or externally) it does. Now the only difference between these 2 'routes' internally is that the dns-name route goes through my Apache reverse proxy server. However, I don't have this issue on any other sites/services that go through the same reverse proxy server, of which I have quite a few...and my reverse proxy config is pretty simplistic.

The Chrome console reports the following 3 lines of errors when this happens:

POST 503 libs-ui3.js?v=105-5.2.1.3:5

Response: 503 error ui3.js?v=105-5.2.1.3:19150
Error:
URL: json

error toast: An error occurred loading the camera list.<br>Response: 503 error<br>Status: error<br>Error: <br>URL: json ui3.js?v=105-5.2.1.3:19037

And the following is my Apache reverse proxy virtualhost config:

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>

<VirtualHost *:443>

ServerName url.redacted.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

Header set X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN"
Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains; preload"
Header set X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block"
Header set X-Content-Type-Options "nosniff"
Header set Referrer-Policy "same-origin"
Header edit Set-Cookie ^(.*)$ $1;HttpOnly;Secure;SameSite=Strict

SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/url.redacted.com/fullchain.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/url.redacted.com/privkey.pem

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
<Location />
ProxyPass http://internal_ip: port/
ProxyPassReverse http://internal_ip: port/
</Location>

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

</VirtualHost>

# vim: syntax=apache ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 sr noet

</IfModule>

So far I have tried rebooting everything, making sure BI is fully up to date, adjusting the BI VM's specs to make sure it has plenty of resources (CPU & RAM always below ~40/50%), adjusting the streaming/quality settings in BI > Web Server > Advanced, removing all of the 'header set' commands in my virtual host config, etc. I realize this may very well not be a UI3 issue, but I am hoping that maybe someone has dealt with a similar issue before and might have some thoughts on what I could do to working around it. Thank you!

EDIT: Ok, now I'm even more confused. I know just enough to be dangerous with Chrome's developer tools, and in the network tab I'm seeing MANY successful JSON POST requests (including probably ~90% of the 'camlist' post requests), but then randomly it'll fail. I've attached pictures of 2 different JSON POST requests, one right after another, both to the same URL and everything. However, the one that succeeds sees the server as "BlueServer" (presumably BI) whereas the one that fails sees "Apache" (my reverse proxy). I'm starting to think this isn't as "random" as I initially thought because when it does happen it's always this 'camera list' command that fails. whjereas everything else seems to succeed.

EDIT 2: Final edit I'll make for now until someone else has any ideas, but here's some more weirdness I'm seeing attached in screenshot #3. At the top, every other 'json' line is a successful 'camlist' POST request. Interestingly, the 'camlist' POST request that fails ALWAYS seems to be immediately before what the data:image request is doing. I'm not sure if there's anything to this or not, but I can reliably replicate this by refreshing the page.

Attachments

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is definitely your reverse proxy server misbehaving. I haven't ever used apache as a reverse proxy server so I don't know any of the quirks. See if there's a setting for a concurrent connection limit or something. Maybe update apache, or try nginx to do your proxying instead.

ohlin5

n3wb
Reaction score
So this unfortunately isn't going to be as "concrete" as I'd like...but just in case someone down the road has a similar issue and reads this I still don't know with certainty exactly what the issue was. I had tried reverting from http2 to http1.1 before originally posting here, and that hadn't worked. I then had a hunch and disabled both http2 and mpm_event and went back to http1.1 and mpm_prefork, which seemed to resolve the issue. I've then re-enabled http2 but with mpm_worker this time instead, and again got the same issue. So at this point my "working" setup just in case anyone finds themselves in a similar boat is mpm_worker w/ http2 on all virtual host configs except BI which is set to http1.1. Very rarely I will still get a 503 error in the console, but it everything seems to still function fine and the errors have drastically reduced in frequency. Very odd indeed.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am getting the "aw snap! something went wrong when trying to display this page" error in Brave when I try to enable audio (clicking the speaker to enable it, or sliding the volume control up from zero). Oddly it only does this in Brave, not in Chrome. I've disabled all extensions and privacy shields, and it continues to fail. It is 100% repeatable. If I want to listen to an audio stream on UI3, I have to open it in Chrome.

I know you can't provide support for every possible browser, but figured I'd ought to report it just in case you wanted to know.

I am running Version 1.7.67 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) and UI3 105, Blue Iris version: 5.2.1.4

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think there is nothing I can do about a page crash of that type. Hopefully the issue goes away on its own in a month or two as they patch Brave.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think there is nothing I can do about a page crash of that type. Hopefully the issue goes away on its own in a month or two as they patch Brave.
That's what I figured. I almost didn't post it, but I don't know if this perhaps points to an issue that might help in some other capacity. No worries. It came out of nowhere, and that's probably how it will disappear as well. I'm sure if it affects this app, it's probably wreaking havoc on other apps as well and the devs are hopefully getting an earful.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wow! I am absolutely loving the new export capabilities and layout on the most recent version! So much quicker and more efficient. Love the auto-download.

One question - and apologies if you've addressed this elsewhere - but my time lapse option is remaining grayed out regardless of what I choose. Is this a feature not fully implemented yet, or does it require changes elsewhere that I haven't set correctly?