Blue Iris UI3

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it would be possible to set the Profiles in UI3 as a drop-down selection, like the Console, so we can see not just the numbers, but also the names of the Profiles.

I recently set up and started using Profiles 2 thru 7 a bit like Groups, where I would pause different combinations of cameras at once. I find the Group option lacking for how I want to use it. Profiles works perfect in this respect. Thanks.

Serodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To adjust group video streams (with multiple cameras), you need to type a custom frame size in for the group, as shown in this screenshot.

There's only so much you can do with that though. 3 cameras isn't a great number to have if you want to make the most efficient use of space on a typical monitor.

With a single camera selected, the best way to eliminate black space is to resize your browser window. I know, dumb answer, but its all I've got.

The only other approach to filling black space is for me to add an option to distort the aspect ratio of a camera to fill the available space. And I'm never going to do that.
Thanks will work with the group size some more when I get some time.

But still no way to change background color that surrounds the video? If i could change the color it would blend in better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it would be possible to set the Profiles in UI3 as a drop-down selection, like the Console, so we can see not just the numbers, but also the names of the Profiles.

I recently set up and started using Profiles 2 thru 7 a bit like Groups, where I would pause different combinations of cameras at once. I find the Group option lacking for how I want to use it. Profiles works perfect in this respect. Thanks.
Interesting. I'll make a note to make this an option in a later release.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks will work with the group size some more when I get some time.

But still no way to change background color that surrounds the video? If i could change the color it would blend in better.

You could, but you'd need to know a bit of CSS. Here is the help page about UI Extensions.

Serodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could, but you'd need to know a bit of CSS. Here is the help page about UI Extensions.
I have played around with every bg color tag and values and have it looking like every color of the rainbow but still cant find the color tag for the black area around the video.Found the bars top and bottom and some padding bars on the left and right side bit not the area around the video.

Also can change things live inChrome F12 menu and click around and mess with color tags.

Total newbie here on web stuff and css Any pointers to if there is a setting or does a css area need to be added to change this area?

Thank you for your patience.

bdf0506

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a camera that I only want to showing outside the hours of 9-5. I'm messed with the profiles a bit, and have then gone into the individual camera, and under schedule have gone to event schedule, and set it to hide the camera at 9, and then set it to show the camera at 5. This all seems to work as far as showing the camera as hidden or not on the BI console.

The problem comes into the webcast. It seems that the webcast isn't smart enough to know that a camera has changed from showing to hidden, and doesn't adjust the webcast to prevent broadcasting the camera like I would have hoped. If I manually go into the BI console, click on the webcast cog icon, do nothing on that screen other than click ok, then the webcast will 'refresh' and realize that a camera is hidden and then hide it from the webcast. Short of doing an event that does a full restart of BI, is there a way to maybe trigger that? Or other ideas are welcomed as well.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a camera that I only want to showing outside the hours of 9-5. I'm messed with the profiles a bit, and have then gone into the individual camera, and under schedule have gone to event schedule, and set it to hide the camera at 9, and then set it to show the camera at 5. This all seems to work as far as showing the camera as hidden or not on the BI console.

The problem comes into the webcast. It seems that the webcast isn't smart enough to know that a camera has changed from showing to hidden, and doesn't adjust the webcast to prevent broadcasting the camera like I would have hoped. If I manually go into the BI console, click on the webcast cog icon, do nothing on that screen other than click ok, then the webcast will 'refresh' and realize that a camera is hidden and then hide it from the webcast. Short of doing an event that does a full restart of BI, is there a way to maybe trigger that? Or other ideas are welcomed as well.
I have 3 cams setup this way, working just fine here on version 5.3.1.5

bdf0506

n3wb
Reaction score
I just set up sub streams on BI. Works fine for BI to use the substreams for motion detection processing, etc. However, I want UI3 to show the full streams in the thumbnails and not the substreams, as I don't have that many cameras my setup, and the substreams are too low quality for my purposes. Is this possible to do?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I just set up sub streams on BI. Works fine for BI to use the substreams for motion detection processing, etc. However, I want UI3 to show the full streams in the thumbnails and not the substreams, as I don't have that many cameras my setup, and the substreams are too low quality for my purposes. Is this possible to do?
That is not possible. If there was such an option, then using it would likely make sub streams actually increase CPU load instead of reduce it. You would be adding on a low quality stream for nothing.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Change the resolution of your substreams. My thumbnails look just like they did prior to enabling substreams.

Reaction score
Dear BP,

Thank you for having made the most beautifull and functional addition to Blueiris. We use your interface every day and we enjoy all the possibilities that your interface offers.

We do however have a few requests that will hopefully make it towards your wishlist.

1. Buttons for skipping 10 frames and 1 second
Currently, if you switch on all of the playbackbuttons in the interface, this is what you get:

1597848205977.png
Everyday we are tasked to track and export images from clips where certain 'events' where happening.
When you designed the interface, having just the buttons for skipping or reverting 10 seconds and 1 frame looks promising, but if you are tasked daily with navigating towards certain events, you will notice that you would like to have at least the following extra buttons:
  • Minus 5 seconds
  • Minus 1 second
  • Minus 10 frames
  • Plus 10 frames
  • Plus 1 second
  • Plus 5 seconds

Would you please consider in adding these extra buttons as featurerequest please?

2. Speed play
Currently you have real time speed, 2x, 4x, 8x etc.
We have to daily evaluate several hours of clips with running traffic (cars, bicycles etc).
If you do this on a daily basis, you will find that a speed of 4x takes you up to 15 min evaluation time for each hour of footage (with cars running so smooth you can easily track them). Evaluating the clips at 8x speed would be more convenient, but if you do this on a daily basis, you will find that the 8x speeds is actually sometimes to quick in order not to miss a particular car or movement.

Would you please consider to add 6x speed as well, since practically a 6x speed is a good intermediate speed at which you would be able to both work economicly (timewise) and still see all movements

3. Reverse play
During the evaluation of the clips, it would be very handy if you were able to play a certain piece of a clip backwards in stead of forwards.
Currently changing the direction of viewing from forward to backwards requires you to click on the option dialog and change a slider from forward to backwards.
Would you consider making the forward/backwards slider directly available on the screen (as option) in order to avoird clicking via de submenu etc?

4. Export
If we are tasked to find a certain event, we are asked to provide both a still picture and short mp4 of the event as proof of what happened.
Currently, if you have reached a certain point (timecode) in a clip, and you want to export, clicking on the export button brings up the export dialog with the red and green slider.
However... if you click the export button you loose the exact time code where you actually were!
In order to export a relevant clip you have to navigate both sliders towards the timecode (hopefully you remembered it!)
A huge improvement would be to have the option to be able to preset a certain window (for example plus and minus 10 seconds) to have the UI interface export a certain part of clip with a pre-event en post-event margin (user defined).
That would greatly improve using UI3 for tracking events the way we do daily.

5. Jog-dial like interface
Of course on the top of our wishlist would be to have some kind of jogdial interface where you can work with just to buttons (for example + and -) in order to navigate through a clip.
Pressing + several times would speed up playback, while pressing minus would slow playback (and pressing minus while the clip is paused automatically is seen by UI3 as command for reverse playback

6. Playback of several cams simulaniously
We know blueiris does currently not support this feature, but being able to view the clips of several cams in one view (and scrolling forward and backwards with all clips showing the same timecode-clip would be our ultimate dream.

Hope the above featurerequests make sense to you. We are happy to answer any questions or to demonstrate why we requested these particular features.

Kind regards,

The Nuclear Bunker team

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@atoombunker

Hello again. I remember you from years ago!

Regarding each request:

1) It would be very easy to add those extra buttons. The problem is I think very few people would use them and they would add more clutter to an already cluttered interface.

2) You make a good point. Some more granularity at these lower speeds could be helpful. I've added 6x and it will be in the UI3-115 release. Additionally, UI3-115 will include the capability for you to easily override the entire list of playback speed multipliers.

3) There's a hotkey for this. Backspace by default, but you can change it in UI Settings. Do you not use keyboards there or did you not look at the hotkey list? :)

4) I agree but I'd have to think about how best to present this in the UI. Any suggestions?

5) Again I refer you to the hotkeys.

6) Ken (the Blue Iris developer) hinted to me just last week that this is on the roadmap. So maybe not too much longer to wait. Though this will require significant development within UI3 so the feature will likely be on the iOS app for quite a while before UI3 gets it.

If you have anyone fluent in HTML and javascript, your best bet for #1 would be to add the buttons yourself.

Reaction score
@atoombunker

Hello again. I remember you from years ago!

Regarding each request:

1) It would be very easy to add those extra buttons. The problem is I think very few people would use them and they would add more clutter to an already cluttered interface.

If you have anyone fluent in HTML and javascript, your best bet for #1 would be to add the buttons yourself.
Code:
                <div class="pcButton hideWhenLive" onclick="videoPlayer.Playback_PreviousClip()" title="Previous Clip" id="pcPrevClip"><svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#svg_x5F_SkipBack"></use></svg></div>
                <div class="pcButton hideWhenLive" onclick="videoPlayer.Playback_NextClip()" title="Next Clip" id="pcNextClip"><svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#svg_x5F_SkipForward"></use></svg></div>
                <div class="pcButton hideWhenLive hidden skipbtn stdSkipBtn" onclick="BI_Hotkey_SkipBack()" title="Skip Back" id="pcSkipBack"><svg class="icon noflip"><use xlink:href="#svg_mio_replay"></use></svg><div id="lblSkipBack" class="centerText"></div></div>
                <div class="pcButton hideWhenLive hidden skipbtn stdSkipBtn" onclick="BI_Hotkey_SkipAhead()" title="Skip Ahead" id="pcSkipAhead"><svg class="icon noflip invertv"><use xlink:href="#svg_mio_replay"></use></svg><div id="lblSkipAhead" class="centerText"></div></div>
                <div class="pcButton hideWhenLive hidden skipbtn" onclick="BI_Hotkey_SkipBack1Frame()" title="Skip Back 1 Frame" id="pcSkipBack1Frame"><svg class="icon noflip"><use xlink:href="#svg_mio_replay"></use></svg><div class="centerText">1</div></div>
                <div class="pcButton hideWhenLive hidden skipbtn" onclick="BI_Hotkey_SkipAhead1Frame()" title="Skip Ahead 1 Frame" id="pcSkipAhead1Frame"><svg class="icon noflip invertv"><use xlink:href="#svg_mio_replay"></use></svg><div class="centerText">1</div></div>
Could you please give a small hint which exact code we should replace with what commands in order to add the skip 10 frames and skip 1 second commands?

Thanks!

Nuclear Bunker Team