Blue Iris Updates (64 bit)

Blue Iris Updates - Official Thread 5.8.9.6

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
........................If there's separate instructions, which I haven't found yet, to make something work, then that's not a good update.

Also, I already switched 5.2.5.3 it to not run as a service and it's still crashing. Rolling back to 5.4.4.6 5.2.4.6 and looking for the instructions you commented on.
From the What's New section of the BI help file: (AFAIK updated with each update)

5.2.5 - April 9, 2020
Many users take advantage of the camera “clone” functionality in order to record video and
images in various ways. You may now select to include all cloned camera clips with the
master’s clips when the clips list is filtered by camera—there’s a new checkbox on the
camera settings General page.
This version removes the dependency on the second executable BlueIrisService.exe—now
there are fewer moving parts for more stability. This should help with recent security
software issues encountered with Sophos and Bit Defender which did not allow the service
to launch a second process (BlueIris.exe). You must remove and then re-add the service
from the Settings/Startup page before this will take effect. When enabling the service, the
software will now also prompt for logon information, check the password, and provide the
account with the necessary privileges.
If the service were to ever crash, the console window now more reliably reconnects to the
service to prevent interruption in the display.

Reaction score
Thanks for the text. In testing for why the service was crashing, I did happen to disable / re-enable the service and I was getting the same response. I also don't use either of those antivirus packages; I use Windows Defender and have multiple exceptions to prevent BlueIris from being touched.

For troubleshooting if BlueIris dev goes on here, here's the dump from Event Viewer when it would crash.

Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.2.5.3, time stamp: 0x5e91f9ba
Faulting module name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.2.5.3, time stamp: 0x5e91f9ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000fa3d48
Faulting process id: 0x24d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d610fa286462f4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Report Id: f897b36a-a1d3-46c2-a9b3-2bb77b11017e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This would then be followed by hundreds of APPCRASH, APPHANGB1, and STOREAGENT informational logs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
On launch, the auto update utility offered an upgrade and I performed it. If there are separate steps to make it work, then that should be specifically enumerated in the update or the update should not require the user to take separate actions. Many people run this software with auto update on who I guarantee will get hosed on this. Yes, "don't update if it's stable", but the software by default does automatic updates. Most people will keep that enabled, get burned, and won't know to try and search and find a web forum to figure out how to troubleshoot it.

If there's separate instructions, which I haven't found yet, to make something work, then that's not a good update.

Also, I already switched 5.2.5.3 it to not run as a service and it's still crashing. Rolling back to 5.4.4.6 5.2.4.6 and looking for the instructions you commented on.
Those fools who have auto update turned on got hosed on many previous updates. If they keep doing it that is their problem. I gave you the solution. If you want to bitch about the auto update option send an email to the developer and give him your demands and orders. Blue iris is great in that new feature updates are provided often. Common sense dictates turning off auto updates.

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since this recent update, things were first freezing up on the viewing, and now CRASHES. There should be an easier way to go back as 5.2.4.3 04-13-2020 Is not stable

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So, don't use 5.2.4.3... you do realize that this latest update is 5.2.5.5 (I'm currently on 5.2.5.4 without a single hiccup), correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The easiest way to pick old versions is to go to the Tools menu at the top of this site and select Blue Iris Updates.

Then all in one table you get the release highlights and 64 / 32 bit update download links.

I run 5.2.5.3 without any problems.

5.2.5.4 and 5.2.5.5 are broken for me.

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I thought I also mentioned how Bi was displaying 5.2.4.3 But without even updating that info changed to 5.2.5.4
Strange!

Thanks for the feedback, I am trying the suggestions now.

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Easy enough....
The problem is that I am not sure if video record maybe suffering, or if preview is suffering.

Is there an app that would tax the cameras with data to see when and how much load Bi can deal with in the settings for the onboard GC to handle? I hate to rely on theoretical idea when there is more involved.

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The easiest way to pick old versions is to go to the Tools menu at the top of this site and select Blue Iris Updates.

Then all in one table you get the release highlights and 64 / 32 bit update download links.

I run 5.2.5.3 without any problems.

5.2.5.4 and 5.2.5.5 are broken for me.

5.2.5.5 is working OK for me but I notice slightly more RAM being used (7.04G vs 6G with previous versions) - 27 cameras, 1207 MP/s, i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz 16GB ram 64bit win10) CPU sitting around 50% but I do have limit decoding set for several "less important" cameras

djh_wolf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just wanted to chuck a bit of praise in here - noticed recently that live video preview had a few issues. Contacted the developer (Ken?) with details, and within hours he'd released a fix.

Absolutely astounding levels of support here! I don't often need to report in here, but every time I do it's in relation to something positive. Used this software for years now. Cheers all !