Blue Iris Version 5 is right around the corner!

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still waiting to hear back from support with a definitive answer and will post what I find.

@SkyLake, I hope your last sentence is NOT correct as that would mean I got screwed both ways. Bought a few months too soon to qualify for upgrade to version 5 and added extended support too soon to extend my current support and therefore lost 9 months of existing support.

If correct, I could have waited to purchase extended support and had 12 months of extended support ending in 2021. :(

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken definitely needs to fix it if adding a support key doesn't extend your support period by the amount of time purchased. I'm curious how he will respond to this.

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK,

So my apologies to all for the red herring.

I just got home and had a chance to look at this a little closer and this is a classic PIBCAT error. Simply stated I am an idiot and don't know how to count?!

Everything is fine on the software side; as usual it's the user who doesn't know what is going on.

The Problem Is Between Chair And Terminal.

On the positive side, I was able to up my post count one by posting this mea culpa.

Last edited:

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So are you going to enlighten us?
The short version is that I asked a question a while ago regarding the purchase of extended support and whether it would replace or extend my current support expiration date. I was told (correctly) by a member that it would extend my date so I went ahead and purchased extended support in preparation for the upcoming Version 5 BI release. However, when I saw the updated information after installing my new software key I apparently couldn't count properly and then came back to this thread and posted a (incorrect) caution that my expiration date had NOT been extended, when in fact, it had.

My last few posts in this thread were me eating my words and posting a mea culpa for the red herring I posted and disrupting what this thread was about.

FG say about that.jpg

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I see this build 15 fixed many of the issues I had while testing it. Looking good ! My 150% scaling isn't working yet with some of the fonts on this 2k monitor, I had to disable DPI scaling and then the text showed fine.

Annotation 2019-04-28 155945.jpg

Last edited:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I assume we will be able to import our bi settings from 4 to 5, right?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure the settings will transfer over automatically. They did for the BI 4 launch.
I wasn't around for 3 to 4.. what will this process look like. Download 5, install and it will pull everything into 5 from 4? Can it possibly be that easy?

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll bet it is really easy. If it doesnt import the old settings automatically, it's likely that we can just export the settings before doing the upgrade, and then import them after installing the new version.