Blue Iris Version 5 is right around the corner!

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Being the OCD/AR type that I am, I'll probably export all the settings and do a clean install. But that's just me. Heck, re-creating the cameras, while a lot more work, isn't all that bad a job either.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe that the 5 update will be released in June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it. There's so much in the current version which I do not even use, such as profiles, schedules, inputs, macros, webcast, etc.

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris 5 has an expected release date of June 1, 2019! Beginning today, a new purchase of version 4 includes a free upgrade to version 5. For older purchases, the upgrade is also complimentary if you have added Extended or Priority support to your license expiring after June 1 (see the Options page in the software for this information). For those not on support and maintenance, upgrade keys will be available for purchase as well. As prices for new licenses may increase, it will likely be more economical to purchase a new license or support and maintenance plan before June 1. If you have not already done so, upgrade your system to Windows 10 (or at least 8.1) to insure compatibility. And, be sure to watch for additional posts with sneak previews of new functionality and design!

The post Version 5 is right around the corner! appeared first on Blue Iris.
Thanks for the post and alert on the upgrade with a way to reduce to cost.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can go by this splash screen, the cost is only going up $10 for full version.....still VERY affordable ! This isn't nothing official though.

Annotation 2019-05-01 123803.jpg

RobF

n3wb
Reaction score
LOL, Sorry I have to jump off topic. I had to chuckle with the hotbed of debate created by announcing an update! I too work in IT and have worked on/used every incarnation of Windows since the beginning. Every time....and I do mean every time an update is pushed out there are negatives and positives. Fact is people hate change. There is no way to please everyone but to call one of the best OS's released since XP (the best IMO) junk, is indeed a little harsh. I am not by any stretch bashing any ones opinion. I work with a woman that LOVES LOVES LOVES Vista and still uses it today.

Back on topic. I can't wait to install BI v5 and give it a whirl!

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Checked for the update before work at 6am.. Christmas morning anyone? Haha

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone remember if there was a new Android app for BI version 4 or the old one worked? I am trying to figure out if I will have to pay for a new Android app when BI v5 is out.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Does anyone remember if there was a new Android app for BI version 4 or the old one worked? I am trying to figure out if I will have to pay for a new Android app when BI v5 is out.
Chrome, Silk, Firefox, etc... I use Silk on my Fire Tablets.

spy111000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
So my BI5 upgrade options are to purchase the BI4 support for $30 or wait and buy for $70 ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
So my BI5 upgrade options are to purchase the BI4 support for $30 or wait and buy for $70 ?
in the past the upgrade was half price. The message implied there will be some sort of discount.
Regardless the upgrade to 5 is a no brainer. The cheapest method is the 30 dollar support plan.

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Existing mobile apps will still work.
At this risk of another foot-in-mouth episode, I will add that I had this same question a few months ago and emailed BI support asking if the current BI mobile app would work across major revisions (V4 => V5) and was told it would.

Here is the response directly from BI support:

The app will be continuously updated to always work best with the current
release and that does include major upgrades.

No new app purchases

Thanks

> Will I be required to purchase a new version of your mobile app when
> version 5 of Blueiris is released or will the current version remain
> compatible?​

Last edited: