Blue Iris Will Not Start. At All! No errors.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that fresh install was done with media creation tool
If the last time you did the clean install was april, I would try it again with a newly created usb.

BICO

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris stopped loading. I get the splash screen and then nothing. No errors on the screen. No errors in the event log.

I reloaded the computer with a fresh install of Windows 10.

Same thing.

I looked at the program folder, read the readme, downloaded and installed Visual Runtime 2013, no change.

I've tried Blue Iris Admin and non-admin
I had same problem but started after "importing" settings

This is what I did

Uninstalled App
Deleted all registry keys relating to "Perspective Software" and "Blue Iris"

I think the section causing the problem is Blue Iris Import section. Had a hard time getting that section to delete

Restart Computer
Install App
let it run once
close app
go into registry
Import the exported BI file into Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris

This worked for me.

Reaction score
SAme issue here.....

I run a dedicated PC, only for Blue Iris. I paid the $29 upgrade fee and did an update then it said I was version 5 eligible. Installed it, loaded all of my cameras automatically form the prior version I guess. It was running fine then I was having trouble with a Wyze cam that i lost connection to,(prior to upgrade) was trying to get that one working again and now it won't launch.... at all no errors....

Best solution is a re-install of windows? Seriously? the reinstall BI, and have the export file? to import them?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
SAme issue here.....

I run a dedicated PC, only for Blue Iris. I paid the $29 upgrade fee and did an update then it said I was version 5 eligible. Installed it, loaded all of my cameras automatically form the prior version I guess. It was running fine then I was having trouble with a Wyze cam that i lost connection to,(prior to upgrade) was trying to get that one working again and now it won't launch.... at all no errors....

Best solution is a re-install of windows? Seriously? the reinstall BI, and have the export file? to import them?
Seriously? Your issue is not the same as OP who had the problem on BI4 AND a basic reinstall of windows did not solve the problem. Did you not read the solution to YOUR problem in the post above yours? Seriously?
Why dont you try reinstalling BI 5. There are backups created of the registry or did you not read the info on upgrading, seriously?