Blue Iris Will Not Start. At All! No errors.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by MJCS, Apr 20, 2018.

Share This Page

1. MJCS

MJCS n3wb

yes. Have also tried running the installer normally, and running as an admin

2. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

If the last time you did the clean install was april, I would try it again with a newly created usb.

3. BICO

BICO n3wb

I had same problem but started after "importing" settings

This is what I did

Uninstalled App
    Deleted all registry keys relating to "Perspective Software" and "Blue Iris"

I think the section causing the problem is Blue Iris Import section. Had a hard time getting that section to delete

Restart Computer
    Install App
    let it run once
    close app
    go into registry
    Import the exported BI file into Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris

This worked for me.

4. Slicknashville

Slicknashville n3wb

SAme issue here.....

I run a dedicated PC, only for Blue Iris. I paid the $29 upgrade fee and did an update then it said I was version 5 eligible. Installed it, loaded all of my cameras automatically form the prior version I guess. It was running fine then I was having trouble with a Wyze cam that i lost connection to,(prior to upgrade) was trying to get that one working again and now it won't launch.... at all no errors....

Best solution is a re-install of windows? Seriously? the reinstall BI, and have the export file? to import them?

5. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Seriously? Your issue is not the same as OP who had the problem on BI4 AND a basic reinstall of windows did not solve the problem. Did you not read the solution to YOUR problem in the post above yours? Seriously?
    Why dont you try reinstalling BI 5. There are backups created of the registry or did you not read the info on upgrading, seriously?