BlueIris on your TV!

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DLONG2, no I have not even looked into that as I thought this would be a simple download, extract, and sideload an apk. I was under the assumption that UI3 was basically a windows app and the Nvidia Shield TV is android.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
UI3.htm is a built-in browser page residing on the Blue Iris server. No downloads or extracts or sideloads to do, just point your TV browser to the webpage.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Grrr.... can not get ui3 to work. Works fine on my main PC. (i have got BI running on another pc on the net work)
Remote access web wizard in BI shows green circle in all steps.
I have shared the BI folder to the network
Forwarded the ports on my router and enabled UPnP
ES File explorer on the Nvidia Shield can see the BI folder on the second and I can access the folder and browse the folders and files
But on the Nvidia Shield TV I open Chrome Beta and enter the address along with the port it goes to a blank white screen
When I enter the address on the Firefox app it tells me the site can not be displayed that the server may be down or moved.

Weired TinyCam Pro sees everything just fine and I can see all my cameras. I just don't like it because I have no PTZ control for my Imporx PTZ 10x camera.

Can somebody just point me to the BI android apk so I can try that on the Shield? Please.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having problems with the simple browser page; if that basic task doesn't work then I wouldn't suggest anyone try to side-load any apps.

In the address bar, you entered "http://" & [IP ADDRESS of the Blue Iris server] & ":" & [port number] & "/ui3.htm" e.g., "http://192.168.1.200:81/ui3.htm"
What version of Blue Iris are you running?

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is correct on what I entered. It works perfect on my main pc. I have another PC that runs BI and Playon and that is it. Playon I have to use the Roku3 to watch as there is no app yet for the Nvidia Shield. But that right there shows that I have everything networked together properly. Never mind the fact that TinyCam Pro found everything which allowed me to add all the cameras. But TinyCam Pro does not officially support my Imporx PTZ 10x so there in no PTZ functions. Also of course can not view any of the BI recordings. Never had anything that seems so simple kick my butt like this before. It maybe a quirk of the Nvidia but I think I have rad about others to get it working on thier Nvidias.
Oh, BI version is 4.8.4.3 x64

If I had the BI android apk I could sideload it as I know how to do that and have side loaded other apps with no problem. Only had the Nvidia for about 3 days now and am trying to put everything I need on it.

Thanks again.

bigbillsd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Edit: I created a direct bookmark app/icon on my FireTV home screen with the UI3 maximize full screen URL,
What is the URI for the fullscreen starting maximized? I have Silk working well, but I want to get rid of the menu clutter on the left and top of the screen.

Something else that I hope can be done is to find a way to cycle a group instead of all cameras. If I choose the a group to show, its just all the streams on a single page. I would like to cycle just the main 4 cameras instead of all 11.

-Bill

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the URI for the fullscreen starting maximized? I have Silk working well, but I want to get rid of the menu clutter on the left and top of the screen.

Something else that I hope can be done is to find a way to cycle a group instead of all cameras. If I choose the a group to show, its just all the streams on a single page. I would like to cycle just the main 4 cameras instead of all 11.

-Bill
I believe the full screen can be effected by clicking on the small box icon on the bottom-right, not sure how that is accomplished upon startup automatically.

If you have a favored 4 cameras to show, then perhaps create a new group, and tag that group to the favored 4. Any one camera can be tagged to a number of groups, I believe.

In my case, when I select 'front-cam-cycle' as the camera group (apparently created only because my 'front-cam' group has an optional cycle), I see all 4 cameras, but when a motion event triggers one of them then it becomes full screen until the timeout occurs, and then the layout goes back to the 4 cameras.

Update: The cycling in UI3 might work only because I have cycling set up in the BI application itself.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did get BI working on my TV using ui3.htm on chrome. After much hair pulling and port changing it started working. Apparently Chrome did not like the port I had assigned. Once I found a port it liked it works just fine. Chrome had finally given me a clue as to what was going on and instead of just a blank white screen it gave the error message of unsecured port or something like that. Three more attempts at different ports and now they are getting along happily. The ui3.htm looks great.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And if you don't want to be required to put in a username and password, you can go to BI's 'Options', 'Users' and enable the 'Anonymous' user. You can further modify the 'anonymous' user to be able to view clips AND change settings (as Admin).

Of course, it's a good idea to have user 'Anonymous' user checked for 'LAN only'.

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having problems with the simple browser page; if that basic task doesn't work then I wouldn't suggest anyone try to side-load any apps.

In the address bar, you entered "http://" & [IP ADDRESS of the Blue Iris server] & ":" & [port number] & "/ui3.htm" e.g., "http://192.168.1.200:81/ui3.htm"
What version of Blue Iris are you running?
I did get BI working on my TV using ui3.htm on chrome. After much hair pulling and port changing it started working. Apparently Chrome did not like the port I had assigned. Once I found a port it liked it works just fine. Chrome had finally given me a clue as to what was going on and instead of just a blank white screen it gave the error message of unsecured port or something like that. Three more attempts at different ports and now they are getting along happily. The ui3.htm looks great.
Is there a requirement to install AndriodSDK/BlueIrisAPK files to get this to work, or can this be done without it just using browser & anonymous login? Because so far it won't work.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a requirement to install AndriodSDK/BlueIrisAPK files to get this to work, or can this be done without it just using browser & anonymous login? Because so far it won't work.
Without looking upwards in the thread to see what type of platform you are trying to use, as long as the TV has a browser, and as long as the device which hosts the browser (a smart TV, an Amazon FireStick, an XBox console, etc) has LAN access to the Blue Iris PC's web server, then all you will need is a successful log in via the browser.

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying. I do have new smart TV, lan & access to BI & am able to remote in via smartphone/PC, so figured should be able to on smart TV.
On BI I have;
-added User for lan only with blank password & no admin rights.
-Web server -> Advanced -> Limit IP addresses: added TV IP here with "^" at start.

TV browser won't connect, have tried different variations except port number yet.
Is there anything else I need to do though or have overlooked?

EDIT: got it working after updating BI:
-Web server -> Remote Access Wizard -> Create/Updated rule.

Last edited:

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to do this on one of my TV's. We have some interior & exterior cameras. Is it possible to have the browser only display the outside cameras vs all cameras?

Thanks,
Rich

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, the ui3.htm page allows for showing specific groups. You would need to tag the interested cameras into some common group name, within the BI camera properties. Also, any one camera can belong to any number of groups.

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
w1zofaz, how are you running it on Chrome, via the Chromecast app or Chrome browser? did you manage to set a homepage?
I have set my browser to "cast" to the TV Chromecast - but i imagine once the kids watch Netflix etc, I have to login to my server and "cast" again
Be nice to have a way to switch quickly or set up google home to "cast"

Tro

Last edited: