BlueIris PTZ control support for Huisun IP PTZ mini bullet camera

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
*Update - 10/24* - Blue Iris v4.2.2.6 is able to configure the camera's PTZ controls automatically. Just need to set the presets values manually as preset_1, preset_2, etc...

*Update - 10/23* - temporary fix instructions are further down the thread.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5814-BlueIris-PTZ-control-support-for-Huisun-IP-PTZ-mini-bullet-camera?p=55028&viewfull=1#post55028

Before reading below, has anyone with the same camera have been able to configure it in BlueIris v4 and able to control the PTZ functions? If you have, PLEASE let me know how!!! If no one, continue reading :D

I have been unsuccessful getting this camera PTZ controls to work with BlueIris and I'm determined to either figure out what I'm doing wrong, or find out how can we persuade Ken/BlueIris customer service to help add support. I've already contacted them to look into the problem, but haven't got anywhere. Technically, they are saying that since the camera is Onvif compliant I need to know which port the camera uses and enter that in BlueIris, then use the "Inspect Now" option. I've tried every single open port found for the camera with no luck. I've explained to them that every other program/software I've used to view the camera video stream have been able to control the camera without issues (iVMS, Hikvision NVR, tinyCam Monitor, Onvif Device Manager).

I'm going to add most of the information I found that can help solve this issue. Attached is the email traffic between me and BlueIris support as a PDF attachment in case you want to review the conversation. Otherwise, here is the info I found that can help.

First, I'm running the latest version of BlueIris so far (4.1.8.2).

Camera information:

Brand Name: HUISUN
Model Number: DM-SCB405I-V10-E

Sensor Brand: SONY
Sensor: CMOS
Special Features: Waterproof / Weatherproof
Connectivity: IP/Network Wired
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 98,Windows XP,Windows Vista,Windows 7,Windows 8
Type: IP Camera
High Definition: 1080P(Full-HD)
Style: Bullet Camera
Lens (mm): 5.1-51mm
Bracket: Yes
ALarm and Audio: Yes
POE: Yes

Open ports found:

Open TCP Port: 80 http
Open TCP Port: 81 hosts2-ns
Open TCP Port: 554 rtsp
Open TCP Port: 3001 redwood-broker
Open TCP Port: 3232 mdtp
Open TCP Port: 8000 irdmi
Open TCP Port: 9090 websm / soap
Open TCP Port: 9800 davsrc
Open TCP Port: 9897
Open TCP Port: 37777

Open UDP Port: 3702 onvif 1.0 responder (could also be UPnP)

Onvif Device Manager

Shows the camera is using Onvif version 2.02

Able to view stream and control PTZ without issues.

Wireshark (my motivation here was to try to find out which port the camera was using)

Lots of information above my head but a few things I noticed.

First, every time I login to the camera via web browser and get to the point of panning/tilting/zooming the camera, I can see a port assigned to the communication between the browser in my computer and the camera. This port would be different if I logoff and log back in with a different session. There are entries of the following protocol in the packets: PT=DynamicRTP-Type-96

Second, I see URL entries for the POST packets with this address: http://192.168.0.60/ipnc/ (curious about ipnc)

Lastly, information about the protocols in frame include: http:urlencoded-form

Any help regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

aestr

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm also looking forward to PTZ controls in BlueIris. After reading your correspondence I decide to try my own Wireshark capture. As you can see from the screenshot I've included it's definitely using port 80. If you look at the highlighted tag you can actually see it sending the specific command to move the camera.

Unfortunately I am not a BlueIris guru and don't know what to do with this information myself. I've sent my own email to BlueIris support and hopefully this evidence can help move things along since it seems the camera is using a standard port and it's pretty clear ONVIF is being used. If anyone has any other ideas I'm happy to try them out as well. This camera was a great deal and getting PTZ to work in BlueIris would be amazing.

Attachments

aestr

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay I just did a capture against blueiris when using the Hikvision settings. It's very clear it is not using the same method as ODM was and based on what I see I don't think it's ONVIF at all. Does anyone know of a camera in the PTZ dropdown that uses ONVIF so I can give that a try?

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one with interest in being able to get this camera's PTZ controls to work in BlueIris, so thanks for your efforts. I'm no expert with PTZs and BlueIris, but I do know enough to figure out things every now and then. With that said, your inquiry about finding out a PTZ profile in BlueIris dropdown that incorporates standard Onvif format has been my suspicion all along. I was getting confused when searching for the port number, not realizing the port 80 I was seeing it was the destination and not the source. Now that it makes sense it's port 80, I'm going to try all the current profiles and see if I get lucky. If not, maybe we can ask Ken to add a standard Onvif profile option for a future BI update. I'll post any updates.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone has this camera open in DMZ (so i can try all ports) i would give it a shot and see if I could get BI working with it.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman. I'll be more glad to give you access so maybe you can figure it out. I'll send you a PM with all the info.

The more I look into it, the more I'm convinced that is just BlueIris missing a profile with the proper commands to control the camera's PTZ. I have a Wireshark capture file from ODM to the camera and maybe it can help show the Onvif PTZ implementation used, since I see a lot of web references in the packets sent and received by ODM for the commands used for panning, tilting, going to a preset, etc... If anyone is interested in reviewing the capture send me a PM.

aestr

n3wb
Reaction score
@djangel I just heard back from BlueIris support and they indicate they recognize that they are not using the ONVIF commands seen from ODM and would like to connect to the camera to try some things. Due to my network at home it I won't be able to get my camera into a DMZ for them until at least next week. If you can do it sooner do you want to PM me your email address and I can add you to the thread I have with them?

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@djangel I just heard back from BlueIris support and they indicate they recognize that they are not using the ONVIF commands seen from ODM and would like to connect to the camera to try some things. Due to my network at home it I won't be able to get my camera into a DMZ for them until at least next week. If you can do it sooner do you want to PM me your email address and I can add you to the thread I have with them?
Most definitely. I'll send you a PM soon.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just a quick follow up. New BI version 4.1.9 with new camera configuration window options and network discovery still unable to find the camera's ONVIF parameters. No PTZ controls yet :sad2:

aestr

n3wb
Reaction score
Just heard back that BlueIris 4.1.9.1 which should be out today *should* fix this problem. I will be eagerly checking for updates all day. Thanks to @djangel for providing them remote access!:D

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just heard back that BlueIris 4.1.9.1 which should be out today *should* fix this problem. I will be eagerly checking for updates all day. Thanks to @djangel for providing them remote access!:D
Unfortunately update 4.1.9.1 still not able to provide PTZ controls for the camera. Network discovery option was not able to find any of the cameras on my network, so maybe once this function is fixed BI might be able to get the ONVIF parameters for the camera to work. Getting close.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
4.1.9.2 still no bueno. Waiting for next update... :livid:

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well geesh!! Guess I'll continue to wait some more!

rubb3rtoe

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought this cam over the weekend.. hoping BI can get it working as well. Thank you BI team!

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There must be quite a few of us waiting on this by now. :numbness: