Cannot connect to ip cameras using ip address

Joegreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I logged into blue iris the other day and i noticed both of my cameras had stopped showing a video feed several days earlier. I get an error code 8000274c (timeout check ip address and port) on blue iris. I tried to type in the ip address of the cameras to manually log in but google says the site took to long to reach and just times out. I tried searching online to find out what to do but im not sure what to try next. I have my 2 dahua cameras plugged into a poe switch.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unplug the poe switch. Leave it unplug for at least 5 minutes. Plug it back in. This should reboot the cameras. Try to access the cameras from a browser.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I logged into blue iris the other day and i noticed both of my cameras had stopped showing a video feed several days earlier. I get an error code 8000274c (timeout check ip address and port) on blue iris. I tried to type in the ip address of the cameras to manually log in but google says the site took to long to reach and just times out. I tried searching online to find out what to do but im not sure what to try next. I have my 2 dahua cameras plugged into a poe switch.
To clarify, its not google telling you the camera cant be reached, but the browser itself. Likely the ip address of the camera has changed. Use the dahua config tool or look at your routers client list to find them. You need to set dhcp reservation in your router so that it always assigns the same ip to the camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly the POE switch has no output. If it's power indicator is on, try another port.
If no power LED, try powering a cam with an external 12VDC power supply.
If neither of the above...
--OR--
If the cameras' IP addresses were not set to 'static' in the cam, they may have changed.
Try running Onvif Device Manager on your BI PC to locate the cams and their IP's.

Joegreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes its the browser itself telling me the cameras cannot be reached. I will try unplugging the switch tonight and then plug it back in tomorrow. Also i got the ip addresses for the cameras from the router page and the ip addresses in the router are set to static.

Joegreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The switch is a used hp procurve i believe so its not a cheap quality switch.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using a HP Procurve 2620. I'm still in the testing/configuration stage using vlans and inter vlan routing so I'm going through a learning curve at the moment. I can't access the one camera using Microsoft Edge, but I can if I use Firefox. Try a different browser and see if that works. Get a laptop, disable the wifi adapter, set a static ip in the same address range as what the cameras were using and connect directly to camera. Then see if you connect. Take the cameras off DHCP and manually assign them an address.

Joegreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Right. And Bentleys, Range Rovers, and Lamborghinis never break down.
Im just trying to help narrow down the problem. An hp procurve is probably less likely to have an issue vs a $10 amazon switch.

Joegreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I plugged the switch back in today and all the cameras are now displaying and recording on blue iris again. Yay. Now i did try to unplug the switch before to solve this issue but i only ever unplugged it for 30 seconds or so never overnight.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I plugged the switch back in today and all the cameras are now displaying and recording on blue iris again. Yay. Now i did try to unplug the switch before to solve this issue but i only ever unplugged it for 30 seconds or so never overnight.
Unplugging a switch for 30 seconds has the exact same affect as leaving it off overnight...

Joegreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unplugging a switch for 30 seconds has the exact same affect as leaving it off overnight...
Probably but it did not work for me when i tried it a few days ago. Once unplugging, waiting, and plugging back in failed to work I decided to post up here. Someone suggested unplugging for at least 5 min so I unplugged it and called it a night. Plugged it in this morning and everything works again.