can't contact BI

Reaction score
I have a problem that I have been trying to get help with for over a month now with only one reply. I've been sending trouble tickets about it for three days now and they all bounce back. Same with the sales email. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a problem that I have been trying to get help with for over a month now with only one reply. I've been sending trouble tickets about it for three days now and they all bounce back. Same with the sales email. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
What email service are you using to send it? Are you sending the info from the about page as required?
What is the problem you are having?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.

I understand how you feel. Emailing Blue Iris support is often like sending a message into a deep black (empty) void. I can't excuse that, but I can perhaps explain why it is that way. Blue Iris / Perspective Software is basically a one-man operation. The same one guy who develops Blue Iris also handles almost all the support. Sometimes he has a helper to answer some of the simpler email, and sometimes not. The unfortunate reality is that sometimes BI support is responsive and sometimes it is not. Doesn't help that his email system was having trouble at some point in April, and emails to/from may have been lost.

So there's a good chance you will get better support here on this forum.

Reaction score
I've tried the help link in the settings bage. coppied the clipboard to the email. cut and pasted the address into the send to bar. write up the problem. hit send and right away it bounces back. did the same when I tried it from my web mail page. it did the same thing when I did it from the support web page. tried to send a email to sales and that bounced too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried the help link in the settings bage. coppied the clipboard to the email. cut and pasted the address into the send to bar. write up the problem. hit send and right away it bounces back. did the same when I tried it from my web mail page. it did the same thing when I did it from the support web page. tried to send a email to sales and that bounced too.
What email service are you using?
What is the issue you are having?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, that doesn't usually happen. I wish he'd subscribe to a cloud-based support platform or something. Email is unreliable as hell with all the spam filters and other delivery issues getting in the way.

Reaction score
Hi.

I understand how you feel. Emailing Blue Iris support is often like sending a message into a deep black (empty) void. I can't excuse that, but I can perhaps explain why it is that way. Blue Iris / Perspective Software is basically a one-man operation. The same one guy who develops Blue Iris also handles almost all the support. Sometimes he has a helper to answer some of the simpler email, and sometimes not. The unfortunate reality is that sometimes BI support is responsive and sometimes it is not. Doesn't help that his email system was having trouble at some point in April, and emails to/from may have been lost.

So there's a good chance you will get better support here on this forum.
oh I understand that. I've been really patient with him but it's been over a month since I heard anything about my problem (cameras going black in BI and not recording for hours or days). it's the bouncing back of the emails that has me really frustrated. not even a "we have received your email" anymore.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the support and sales emails keep getting bounced back as undeliverable. I can not contact the company about a ongoing problem
What is the ongoing problem. 99 percent of issues are related to user error and can be solved here. Or you can keep waiting. What email service are you using? If sending from a private domain you could be marked as spam.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please provide a detailed explanation of your problem.
Include a detailed list of your PC hardware.
A detailed list your cameras manufacturer/ model .

You will NOT get an answer from support if it is your hardware or configuration problem. Perspective software is one person, that contributes to the low price for the product, you are not paying $70 per camera like other companies.

I have in the past asked a detailed technical problem to support and got a detailed answer in less than a day.

Reaction score
What is the ongoing problem. 99 percent of issues are related to user error and can be solved here. Or you can keep waiting. What email service are you using? If sending from a private domain you could be marked as spam.
I am sending from a private domain. that hadn't occurred to me. I'll try sending from a gmail account. thanks for the idea.

Reaction score
Please provide a detailed explanation of your problem.
Include a detailed list of your PC hardware.
A detailed list your cameras manufacturer/ model .

You will NOT get an answer from support if it is your hardware or configuration problem. Perspective software is one person, that contributes to the low price for the product, you are not paying $70 per camera like other companies.

I have in the past asked a detailed technical problem to support and got a detailed answer in less than a day.
it was working find and then after a update cameras just started randomly going black. screen showed as black. other cameras working fine. but no recording from the black screens. just nothing there. big black gaps in the time line. sometimes hours long. then they would pop right back up and run as normal. I have two differnet cameras on my system. it happens to all of them randomly. sometimes just one. some times 2 or three. I've replaced the computer. reinstalled windows 10 with a minimum install. reinstalled BI twice. replaced the router. it works fine on our phone apps. (IP Cam by Robert Chou). no drop outs there. and not getting the support I paid extra for is frustraing. except for one reply that had nothing to do with my problem all I've gotten is "we have received your email" now not even that. just very frustrated right now. what's the use of having the system if you can't trust it to work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
it was working find and then after a update cameras just started randomly going black. screen showed as black. other cameras working fine. but no recording from the black screens. just nothing there. big black gaps in the time line. sometimes hours long. then they would pop right back up and run as normal. I have two differnet cameras on my system. it happens to all of them randomly. sometimes just one. some times 2 or three. I've replaced the computer. reinstalled windows 10 with a minimum install. reinstalled BI twice. replaced the router. it works fine on our phone apps. (IP Cam by Robert Chou). no drop outs there. and not getting the support I paid extra for is frustraing. except for one reply that had nothing to do with my problem all I've gotten is "we have received your email" now not even that. just very frustrated right now. what's the use of having the system if you can't trust it to work?
You have not provided enough detail which cameras what is your network topology what update caused this issue what version are you wan right now. You’ll have to provide the camera settings Particularly the video settings. You have to understand that paying $60 for priority support does not automatically provide you with Home networking support Or even camera set up support.

Reaction score
You have not provided enough detail which cameras what is your network topology what update caused this issue what version are you wan right now. You’ll have to provide the camera settings Particularly the video settings. You have to understand that paying $60 for priority support does not automatically provide you with Home networking support Or even camera set up support.
right now all I want is a reply from him. I've tried to send him all that information with screen shots attached and all it does is bounce back. right now I am not getting ANY support. I have a problem. I'm not hearing anything back. why should I bother putting all that together again to just have it bounce?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
right now all I want is a reply from him. I've tried to send him all that information with screen shots attached and all it does is bounce back. right now I am not getting ANY support. I have a problem. I'm not hearing anything back. why should I bother putting all that together again to just have it bounce?
I already explained why it was likely bouncing.
I mean posting it here. Your issue is network/camera/user related or you are running a bad release version, otherwise everyone many of the thousands of BI users on this forum would have the same problem. So, you can choose to have folks here help you or keep complaining. Your call.
As far as email, there is nothing to put together, your computer has a copy and past function. If you send for an address that is not marked as spam you will get a reply.

Reaction score
I need to appoligize. I've just found this very frustrating and I've already missed one car break in right across the street because of this. I'll put it all together and post it. I just hope I can remember what update it was. one before last I think.

Reaction score
My problem is that randomly cameras will go to black. They won't record anything. Just black screens that are not recorded at all. When I go to the time line there is a black gap. All of a sudden after minutes or hours or days they will suddenly start recording again. This is across all four cameras. Not always the same ones. Some times all. Sometimes 1, sometimes 2. There are two different cameras on the system so it's not a camera problem. I have reinstalled BI on a new computer with a fresh minimum install of windows 10. we have installed a new router. Our phone apps never show any dropouts.

this is as close as I have for model numbers.

Amazon.com : Wansview Outdoor Security Camera, 1080P Wireless WiFi IP Surveillance Bullet Home Camera, IP66 Weatherproof, Supports Onvif&RTSP W2-White : Camera & Photo X 3

HP 8300 Elite Small Form Factor Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD drive, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, USB 3.0, Display Port

for the camera setting I am using what BI finds on the camera search function. I know what address is assigned to each camera and they match up. they are locked in place. not DHCP. I have also assigned those address as dedicated in the router. the BI sees what cameras are out there and that's what I use for settings.

I'm not sure of which update because I normally don't pay much attention to the syste unless I need to look it up so this could have been happening for weeks before I noticed. within the last 5 I think.

is there any other information I need to post?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My problem is that randomly cameras will go to black. They won't record anything. Just black screens that are not recorded at all. When I go to the time line there is a black gap. All of a sudden after minutes or hours or days they will suddenly start recording again. This is across all four cameras. Not always the same ones. Some times all. Sometimes 1, sometimes 2. There are two different cameras on the system so it's not a camera problem. I have reinstalled BI on a new computer with a fresh minimum install of windows 10. we have installed a new router. Our phone apps never show any dropouts.

this is as close as I have for model numbers.

Amazon.com : Wansview Outdoor Security Camera, 1080P Wireless WiFi IP Surveillance Bullet Home Camera, IP66 Weatherproof, Supports Onvif&RTSP W2-White : Camera & Photo X 3

HP 8300 Elite Small Form Factor Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD drive, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, USB 3.0, Display Port

for the camera setting I am using what BI finds on the camera search function. I know what address is assigned to each camera and they match up. they are locked in place. not DHCP. I have also assigned those address as dedicated in the router. the BI sees what cameras are out there and that's what I use for settings.

I'm not sure of which update because I normally don't pay much attention to the syste unless I need to look it up so this could have been happening for weeks before I noticed. within the last 5 I think.

is there any other information I need to post?
Yes reread my post and post the information requested. It could be a Wi-Fi issue and it can also be a hardware acceleration issue because these low end junk cameras Often don’t send a proper stream. you need to post the information requested. You can also revert back to a previous version of bi

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Blue Iris Setting about tab will provide the version.

Most of the problems are more than likely wifi interference. Please provide a network diagram. Also the router that is used for the wifi at times can over load or the fire wall blocks the wifi feed.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screen shots
1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network, GPU, GPU engine columns
2) Blue Iris Setting about tab
3) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage
4) blue Iris status cameras