CANTONK IPCamera 3MP

Reaction score
Why all of this hating? I just see here an honest review written by a noob. There is nothing bad about it. I enjoyed it. Maybe the haters works for Dahua or other brands here?

Renzo can you please add videos of moving obejects? In day and night with IR? I am very interested about it

thanks!

Fabio

renzoF

n3wb
Reaction score
Ciao and Happy Easter.
As soon as possible I will do it.
Best regards.
Renzo

P.S./Perhaps I know the reason of hating. Is better USA know-how but products in China then full made in China.....

Reaction score
Hey Renzo ciao happy easter to you too. I am in contact now with Leo on skype right this moment. He confirmed that Longse and Cantonk are the same identical products just different names.
Yes there are many bad reviews about Longse camera but also I find many good reviews.
How are you camera working so far? Ever had problems?
You choose the OV (omnivision 4689) models which have lower image quality compared to most of the Sony ones. I will get sony sensors.

The thing is: Dahua have higher quality camera, that's for sure. Also the image quality is probably better but the price seems to be SO much higher also! I have to buy about 15/18 camera to cover all of my villa. So It's going to be a big expence.

the total price difference is going to be A LOT. So I will probably take the risk and buy from Cantonk :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why all of this hating? I just see here an honest review written by a noob. There is nothing bad about it. I enjoyed it. Maybe the haters works for Dahua or other brands here?

Renzo can you please add videos of moving obejects? In day and night with IR? I am very interested about it

thanks!

Fabio
No we have experience with this junk camera brand ..We warn others about it .. Complete garbage.. don't be another sucker..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Renzo ciao happy easter to you too. I am in contact now with Leo on skype right this moment. He confirmed that Longse and Cantonk are the same identical products just different names.
Yes there are many bad reviews about Longse camera but also I find many good reviews.
How are you camera working so far? Ever had problems?
You choose the OV (omnivision 4689) models which have lower image quality compared to most of the Sony ones. I will get sony sensors.

The thing is: Dahua have higher quality camera, that's for sure. Also the image quality is probably better but the price seems to be SO much higher also! I have to buy about 15/18 camera to cover all of my villa. So It's going to be a big expence.

the total price difference is going to be A LOT. So I will probably take the risk and buy from Cantonk :)
What is the point of saving money if the camera fails when you need it...I suggest you go with a cantonk NVR , this way you are certain to miss footage...

Reaction score
I'll verify what has been said regarding Cantonk/Longse, from direct personal experience. They don't honor their warranties. Their hardware quality control is miserable. If you send failed hardware back to them (at your own expense) for warranty repair, they don't repair or replace it. They just send it back to you, still broken. Stay far away from this vendor and their junk.

renzoF

n3wb
Reaction score
Ciao.
I really have not experience about Ip Camera. I decide to buy Canton camera for the reason its products are cheap: I thought if I must pay without know a product, I liked pay few.
I was interested in two things:
Buy cheap and in NVR + Ip Camera with compression H.265 (I like to register many hours per day).
I know more you spend more you have but I don't like to spend mutch in everything without a good reason.
In Italy a kit like mine with 2MB costs DOUBLE respect of a Cantonk kit 3MB.

At the moment I am very happy of it. The cameras work good and thanks to the App FREEIP PRO for Android I am able to watch with my smartphone all 4 cameras each time. The App works fast with connection 4G.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ciao.
I really have not experience about Ip Camera. I decide to buy Canton camera for the reason its products are cheap: I thought if I must pay without know a product, I liked pay few.
I was interested in two things:
Buy cheap and in NVR + Ip Camera with compression H.265 (I like to register many hours per day).
I know more you spend more you have but I don't like to spend mutch in everything without a good reason.
In Italy a kit like mine with 2MB costs DOUBLE respect of a Cantonk kit 3MB.

At the moment I am very happy of it. The cameras work good and thanks to the App FREEIP PRO for Android I am able to watch with my smartphone all 4 cameras each time. The App works fast with connection 4G.
You are right..You don't know much..You will soon find out why others are telling users to stay away...Don't convince others to make the same mistake you did...

renzoF

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, cameras are mounted 3mt ande 3,5 mt high. Zoom is 3.6mm
For me, it is important to have the vision of blind spots on the evening, so to not have any nasty surprises when I return home....

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
doesn't look to good.
It's actually not bad - no motion blur, reasonable detail, not a lot of noise.
Considering it's got a great deal of strong reflection from the wall on the left.
Move the field of view a little to the right and you'd see a big improvement.

Reaction score
Here the IR of IP CAMERA KIP-400SHV30H

Renzo thanks a lot for your videos. I like the quality. Maybe it's not the best in the world but the images are clear. And consider that I am moving from a 640x480 OLD system. So it's an huge jump for me.

I need about 16 camera to cover all of my villa. It's quite big yes. I like the fact that your cameras are still working, despite what some people writes here.

I am not saying that Cantonk/Longse are better or even the same compared to Hikvision or the other famous brands. But also the price is quite less. I am buying some nice looking 3mp camera with imx123 sensor for 1/4 of the price that Hikvision sells for. So I can buy 4 for the same price. This means that even if 1 or 2 fails (which I doubt but I will report it in case it happen) I still have saved a lot.

I am not a sponsor of any of those brands. Actually I even argued with Leo of cantonk because I thinks he doesn't have enough knowledge about ip cameras. But who cares. I know myself what I want.

Now, I have ordered from them some "sample" cameras. Some with imx123 and some with imx323. I will test and check. If they works fine I will order also the others. Otherwise I will change brand. We'll see.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Renzo thanks a lot for your videos. I like the quality. Maybe it's not the best in the world but the images are clear. And consider that I am moving from a 640x480 OLD system. So it's an huge jump for me.

I need about 16 camera to cover all of my villa. It's quite big yes. I like the fact that your cameras are still working, despite what some people writes here.

I am not saying that Cantonk/Longse are better or even the same compared to Hikvision or the other famous brands. But also the price is quite less. I am buying some nice looking 3mp camera with imx123 sensor for 1/4 of the price that Hikvision sells for. So I can buy 4 for the same price. This means that even if 1 or 2 fails (which I doubt but I will report it in case it happen) I still have saved a lot.

I am not a sponsor of any of those brands. Actually I even argued with Leo of cantonk because I thinks he doesn't have enough knowledge about ip cameras. But who cares. I know myself what I want.

Now, I have ordered from them some "sample" cameras. Some with imx123 and some with imx323. I will test and check. If they works fine I will order also the others. Otherwise I will change brand. We'll see.
they will slowly fail...lookup murphys law, they will fail when you need it...but you know better...his cameras are working for a few months so they must be ok, lol..you are better of with 8 good cameras than 16 crap cameras...the captures he posted are horrible.

Reaction score
they will slowly fail...lookup murphys law, they will fail when you need it...but you know better...his cameras are working for a few months so they must be ok, lol..you are better of with 8 good cameras than 16 crap cameras...the captures he posted are horrible.
Of those captures are horrible you should see my 640x480 cameras! Hahahaha
His video are very nice instead. For a security camera that I will install in my villa will be super perfect.
If I need to record professionally I have a professional Panasonic 4k camcorder. But that's another story.

After all of this hating I start to think that the Cantonk cameras are not bad at all. It's just a group of haters.

Ppl thinks that the more they spend the more they gets. We'll guys the reality is not like that. Shops increase the prices of their products just because fools thinks that "hey if it's more expensive it must be better!"... FOOOOOOOLS

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
His video are very nice instead. For a security camera that I will install in my villa will be super perfect.
If I need to record professionally I have a professional Panasonic 4k camcorder. But that's another story.

After all of this hating I start to think that the Cantonk cameras are not bad at all. It's just a group of haters.

Ppl thinks that the more they spend the more they gets. We'll guys the reality is not like that. Shops increase the prices of their products just because fools thinks that "hey if it's more expensive it must be better!"... FOOOOOOOLS

You didn't even bother comparing it to other cameras... remember it's not only the the Optics but the firmware as well as well as the components that have been showing to fail in Longse/cantonk cameras.. but you who has no experience in this field seemed to know better so go ahead and buy those cameras I also urge you to buy their NVR this way there is more of a chance of you having an issue then you can come back here with your tail between your legs... I'm not trying to convince you the point of my response is to make others aware to stay away from this garbage...In a year we'll see who the fool was... typical pennywise pound foolish idiot...

Reaction score

I'm no hater, but I will warn you against buying Longse/Cantonk cameras. Mine didn't last three months, I paid to send it back to China for repair/replacement, and they sent it back to me, still not working. They refused to send a replacement, unless I would purchase another camera. Not what I'd call good customer/warranty service, honestly.

Reaction score
I'm no hater, but I will warn you against buying Longse/Cantonk cameras. Mine didn't last three months, I paid to send it back to China for repair/replacement, and they sent it back to me, still not working. They refused to send a replacement, unless I would purchase another camera. Not what I'd call good customer/warranty service, honestly.
Did all of your cameras fail? May you tell me the exact model? I have already bought some. I will receive them image few days. I will test and report.