Cheap system options

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take that as the 100 figure isn't real then...
it is 100 percent real..I do not lie..the 100 is for a fixed camera with slow shipping...
Andy has it for 120 with fast dhl shipping...PM him and ask if he will ship slow for less..
Otherwise there are others as low as 96...

Pernod

n3wb
Reaction score
you are smoking something special...he has it for 120 with fast dhl shipping...
there are others selling slow shipping for 96 and up...search ali...
You are right, he does now have it for $120 as a 5% discount has appeared that wasn't there when I searched earlier today. (attached: capture.jpg)

As for the $96, we'll have to agree to disagree here. Yes, there is indeed one store selling it at this price; it's the one I highlighted earlier in the thread with only 3 sales and 2 reviews (with no additional feedback on the review). That's not enough to give me a lot of faith it's accurate/genuine, which adds to the risk vs buying a 4433 from a store with lots of sales/positive feedback.

Ignoring that one exception, the next cheapest is $120... so I'm back at a 4231 ($120) being 2.5 times the price of a 4433 ($47). (attached: capture2.jpg).

I'll add the 4231 onto my 'options' spreadsheet at $120. At that price though, I can see why the general recommendation is just to go for the varifocal version for a little more.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are right, he does now have it for $120 as a 5% discount has appeared that wasn't there when I searched earlier today. (attached: capture.jpg)

As for the $96, we'll have to agree to disagree here. Yes, there is indeed one store selling it at this price; it's the one I highlighted earlier in the thread with only 3 sales and 2 reviews (with no additional feedback on the review). That's not enough to give me a lot of faith it's accurate/genuine, which adds to the risk vs buying a 4433 from a store with lots of sales/positive feedback.

Ignoring that one exception, the next cheapest is $120... so I'm back at a 4231 ($120) being 2.5 times the price of a 4433 ($47). (attached: capture2.jpg).

I'll add the 4231 onto my 'options' spreadsheet at $120. At that price though, I can see why the general recommendation is just to go for the varifocal version for a little more.
For gods sake, just buy the cheap cameras and lay in the bed you made... YOU FAILED TO CONTACT ANDY ABOUT SLOW SHIPPING...you can buy the 96 dollar camera, if its not as described you will get a full credit from ali or your credit card.
We get it, you are a cheapskate, just buy the crap and spare us your "logic" or your list. Why do you have to keep trying to justify it to yourself.

Pernod

n3wb
Reaction score
For gods sake, just buy the cheap cameras and lay in the bed you made... YOU FAILED TO CONTACT ANDY ABOUT SLOW SHIPPING...you can buy the 96 dollar camera, if its not as described you will get a full credit from ali or your credit card.
We get it, you are a cheapskate, just buy the crap and spare us your "logic" or your list. Why do you have to keep trying to justify it to yourself.
I'm simply trying to get the right long term plan in place so the first steps I take are the right ones (as everyone has suggested). All I was trying to do was check my facts, as at 100 I may have gone for the 4231's throughout but given that price was for a dodgy looking option I'll pass.

Please don't get annoyed at me; after all you don't have to reply, just ignore the thread if you don't like my n00b questions, I'm sure others will happily chime in.

YOU FAILED TO CONTACT ANDY ABOUT SLOW SHIPPING.
Now this is actually useful, I didn't realise I could! Ah, the joy of being new and not being able to piece all the parts together until you learn more. I'll contact him tonight.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm simply trying to get the right long term plan in place so the first steps I take are the right ones (as everyone has suggested). All I was trying to do was check my facts, as at 100 I may have gone for the 4231's throughout but given that price was for a dodgy looking option I'll pass.

Please don't get annoyed at me; after all you don't have to reply, just ignore the thread if you don't like my n00b questions, I'm sure others will happily chime in.
I dont need your advice on what to do on my forum...you have a problem buying from an unvetted seller but have NO issue buying hacked china region cameras that come with different firmware all the time, its a crap shoot...I know folks like you...have to pry 5 dollars out of your hand..you will make the dumb choice and be back here complaining about the poor image and other related issues...you claimed to be leaving this forum..so why dont you do so..

Pernod

n3wb
Reaction score
I know folks like you...have to pry 5 dollars out of your hand.
Really? You know plenty of folks with a single income, a young family to support, recently had to move country due to a company going into liquidation. Families still finding their feet from absolute hell? Finding a spare $300 for myself to have a project is a bloody luxury I've saved for a year for. I don't expect sympathy, but I also don't expect to be told I am cheap and have my priorities wrong.

I was actually really excited about this as a project to find my feet again, I was hoping to find a community to share that with. Yes I am starting from zero knowledge and have 'stupid questions', but this level of personal attack seems totally uncalled for.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Really? You know plenty of folks with a single income, a young family to support, recently had to move country due to a company going into liquidation. Families still finding their feet from absolute hell? Finding a spare $300 for myself to have a project is a bloody luxury I've saved for a year for. I don't expect sympathy, but I also don't expect to be told I am cheap and have my priorities wrong.

I was actually really excited about this as a project to find my feet again, I was hoping to find a community to share that with. Yes I am starting from zero knowledge and have 'stupid questions', but this level of personal attack seems totally uncalled for.
stop with the bullshit pity story....I dont care how little money you have, spending your hard earned money on crap gets you nowhere. Perhaps you should allocate your 300 on something more useful...
This attack comes as a result of your passive aggressive bullshit on the first page of this thread...you seem to be ok making those comments but cant handle it being thrown back in your face..want to act like an ass dont expect to be handled with kid gloves.
You claim you want a deterrent, buy an alarm system...not cameras.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now this is actually useful, I didn't realise I could! Ah, the joy of being new and not being able to piece all the parts together until you learn more. I'll contact him tonight.
You didn’t realize you could contact Andy about cheaper shipping options? This information is in the cliff notes I linked in the beginning of this thread; see page 9; Dahua purchasing options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro