Crashes and expectations

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I noticed about 4 cameras that were NOT on the Direct to disk setting. Reset those as well...Restarted BI and its still 100%, 8.1GB mem vs 8.5GB, CPU still pegged, but started out to show 94% for a second when I restarted.

In the Status of Cameras it shows fluctuations of about 4200.00kb/s to 4950.00KB/s and 750.00MP/s to 1080.00MP/s activity for mainly just leaves gently moving.

In Message window, one of my cameras shows as EXTERNAL. hmmm?

Its not in demo mode.

Last edited:

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Image formats are max at 2688x1520
Checking around, I guess an update or the fresh install changed my 15fps second settings to 30fps, and Hardware accelerated decode was set to Default. Reset those to 15fps and the HW accel to "No".
this brought the mem down to around 4.8GB

CPU is now jumping around and started for a few seconds at 75% but now 100% within seconds

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Image formats are max at 2688x1520
Checking around, I guess an update or the fresh install changed my 15fps second settings to 30fps, and Hardware accelerated decode was set to Default. Reset those to 15fps and the HW accel to "No".
this brought the mem down to around 4.8GB

CPU is now jumping around and started for a few seconds at 75% but now 100% within seconds
what version are you running?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Confirm again what resolution you are running your cameras ? Go to the Blue Iris that his page that displays the cameras and the total mega pixels and post a screenshot.
Also I don’t think you answered the question about the ram configuration in the beginning of this thread is it in dual channel what is your total ram and how is it broken down

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my bitrates are interesting....
I am not sure what to use for Hz, so I set a few at 60hz vs 50 from months back, and that has not been seen as a issue as far as I know, but the BI Status is showing some cameras with 32kb/s and others upto 700+kb/s
I do have them on Variable Bit Rate....which should be OK depending on which cam is active and needing it...so I think? Although I have set FPS to 15fps for BI, it looks like it changes this from some being 14 to others in the 20fps (what is shows in the Status fps/key

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
my bitrates are interesting....
I am not sure what to use for Hz, so I set a few at 60hz vs 50 from months back, and that has not been seen as a issue as far as I know, but the BI Status is showing some cameras with 32kb/s and others upto 700+kb/s
I do have them on Variable Bit Rate....which should be OK depending on which cam is active and needing it...so I think? Although I have set FPS to 15fps for BI, it looks like it changes this from some being 14 to others in the 20fps (what is shows in the Status fps/key
Post an image of the status Frame rates must be said in the camera settings in Blue Iris does nothing

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good Q on the resolution....I have cam 17 showing as 5MP, but when I look in the BI individual Camera Video it shows as 1920x1080. This is also in the webconfig of the camera. I set it to 2592x1520 and it dropped from 5mp to 3.9mp...Weird!!

I will check others and post

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would have just used Print Screen, very basic tool, but I have no apps and such to get it off the system, so I take a pic with device and send it.