Reaction score
1st you need to follow the brick fix guide
then use the downgraded

get that far then ask again

Todely

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have DS-2CD3132F-IWS (with CH in serial number) with V5.3.0 build 150814, all menu are in english.
I wanna downgrade it to 5.2.5 and next use alastairstevenson hack to full upgrade to 5.4.5 English

Could you please tell me if i can use your ghost firmware on my cam ?

Thanks

ex-r-wagon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have DS-2CD3132F-IWS (with CH in serial number) with V5.3.0 build 150814, all menu are in english.
I wanna downgrade it to 5.2.5 and next use alastairstevenson hack to full upgrade to 5.4.5 English

Could you please tell me if i can use your ghost firmware on my cam ?

Thanks
Yes I did this on my 2CD3132F-IWS camera with CH serial number. I used the TFTP method (did not work for me thru the web GUI for updating). I tried the CH digicap file first and it did not complete the update for me so I used the EN file. TFTP showed a correct complete update at the end. I did have Chinese menu when finished so I used the thread for changing menus back to English, Hikvision 5.2.5 & 5.2.8 Full English (INC DAYS OF WEEK) mtd Hack. Then I used the 'enhanced_mtd_hack.txt' here Hikvision DS-2CD2x32-I (R0) brick-fix tool / full upgrade method / fixup roundup. to allow the camera to upgrade thru the GUI. My camera is now at V5.4.5. All this started last Friday when I realized that this camera was displaying the word "HACKED" in place of the camera name assigned to the on screen display.

Todely

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I did this on my 2CD3132F-IWS camera with CH serial number. I used the TFTP method (did not work for me thru the web GUI for updating). I tried the CH digicap file first and it did not complete the update for me so I used the EN file. TFTP showed a correct complete update at the end. I did have Chinese menu when finished so I used the thread for changing menus back to English, Hikvision 5.2.5 & 5.2.8 Full English (INC DAYS OF WEEK) mtd Hack. Then I used the 'enhanced_mtd_hack.txt' here Hikvision DS-2CD2x32-I (R0) brick-fix tool / full upgrade method / fixup roundup. to allow the camera to upgrade thru the GUI. My camera is now at V5.4.5. All this started last Friday when I realized that this camera was displaying the word "HACKED" in place of the camera name assigned to the on screen display.
Thanks
I have done tftp with 5.2.5 ghost next hack mtd6 and mrd1 till 5.4.5

smp36

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
I have several DS-2CD2432F-IW from China. Problem: none of these cameras are connected to the TFTP server. When turning on the camera there is no ARP-request, I look at the analyzer Wireshark.
Sorry for my bad English

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Problem: none of these cameras are connected to the TFTP server
Suggestions :

Use a wired connection, not WiFi.
Check the Windows firewall inbound allow rule for the tftpserve.exe program - or temporarily disable Windows Firewall.
Temporarily disable any network protection anti-virus on the PC.
Don't connect the PC and camera directly - connect via a switch or router.
Use Win7 if possible - Win10 can be problematic with the tftp updater.

smp36

n3wb
Reaction score
My system Win7,to the TFTP server connect and download firmware files to other camera models (ds-2cd2132-i), without problems. Only these cameras 2cd2432f-iw are not connected to the server.

Last edited:

smp36

n3wb
Reaction score
not WiFi, use a wired connection. I wrote to a Chinese seller to find out how they turned off TFTP connection. The seller does not know... There are no problems in the network between the camera and the computer. The camera does not send a request when turning on the ARPprotocol - that's the problem ...

Connected with USB To RS232 TTL UART PL2303HX, set the address TFTP-server manually,downloaded the Chinese firmware 5.2.5 :) :wave:

Last edited:

n_no78

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm newbee.
I had baught my IP cam in Aliexpress and it seem chinease version ("CH" in serial number).
Like a lot of users, when i saw "hacked" in my DS-2CD2032-I screen, i had try to upgared directly with 5.4.5 EN version (downloaded in Hikvision Europe web site).
Today i can't join (ping, telnet or ssh) my camera and i try TFTP method but no Firmware work (5.2.0_EN, 5.3.0_EN).
Could you help me to give me a process re-joind my IP cam and install no backdoor firmware.
Thank you a lot.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
I just used this to recover one of my DS-2CD3132F-IW cameras.
Odd thing is the CN version wouldn't install but the EN worked just fine.

Overall steps followed:
1. Connected the camera to the same LAN as my workstation (ip: 192.0.0.128/24)
2. Started the TFTP software with the BrickFix540-CN .dav file, this didn't work (I was watching the firmware update process via the TTL header)
3. Closed the TFTP software and renamed the files to use the BrickFix540-EN .dav file, this loaded and my camera finished then rebooted. As soon as you see the camera say "Update Complete" pull the power cord on the camera.
4. Close TFTP server, re-apply power, the camera attempted to boot into normal mode, failed, sat around for a little while then rebooted into Min mode (4-5 minutes). You will know when it is in min mode as the Batch configuration tool by Hikvision will display that. Also, telnet was operational on the camera.
5. Set the custom firmware downgrader as the .dav file for the TFTP server (change it to digicap.dav) and started the TFTP server, rebooted the camera and it pulled down this file. Once complete it sat for 1-2 minutes then rebooted automatically. Once it did that it started up normally and is now running v5.2.5. Again, the English version worked for me, the Chinese version wouldn't take.

Hope that helps someone.
Here is the thread that covered the entire learning curve: Need Firmware for DS-2CD3132F-IW

Thanks!

sylvie

n3wb
Reaction score
Bonjour,
J'ai 2 caméras (CD2032F et CD2232 qui étaient avec un firm multilangage 5.3.0 venant de chine) qui sont passées en firm 4.0.8 150401 sans en connaitre la cause.
J'ai appliqué la méthode avec le firm 5.2.5 ,mes cameras fonctionnent depuis, malheureusement ils sont en langage chinois et mon NVR Hikvision n'accepte pas le langage chinois.
J'ai essayer d'appliquer la méthode MTD avec pussys pour extraire les fichiers à modifier, malheureusement je n'y arrive pas j'ai le message suivant (cat: can't open 'dev/mtdblock': No such file or directory).
Je pense que je configure mal le chemin, pouvez vous m'aider car je n'y connait rien en réseau, merci beaucoup pour l'aide que vous apportez sur ce forum qui est riche en information.

Hello,
I have 2 cameras (CD2032F and CD2232 which were with a firmware 5.3.0 from China) which went into 4.0.8 150401 firm without knowing the cause.
I applied the method with the firm 5.2.5, my cameras work since, unfortunately they are in Chinese language and my NVR Hikvision does not accept the Chinese language.
I tried to apply the MTD method with PuTTY to extract the files to modify, unfortunately I can not get there I have the following message (cat: can not open 'dev / mtdblock': No such file or directory ).
I think that I do not configure the path, can you help me because I do not know anything in network, thank you very much for the help which you bring on this forum which is rich in information.

sylvie

n3wb
Reaction score
Bonjour,
Oui la syntax était bien, j'ai enfin réussi, mon souci est l'ordinateur qui bloquait le partage des fichiers, après avoir modifiè le partage des fichiers j'ai pu faire la modification.
Merci aux nombreux posts de ce forum qui mon beaucoup aidè.
PS: ma camera est en English est-il possible de la passer en multi-langage avec le Français
Salutations

Hello,
Yes the syntax was good, I finally succeeded, my concern is the computer that blocked the file sharing, after modifying the file sharing I could make the change.
Thank you to the many posts of this forum which helped me a lot.
PS: my camera is in English is it possible to pass it in multi-language with French
Greetings

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

sylvie

n3wb
Reaction score
Bonjour,
Merci pour le lien, mais mes deux camèras CD2032F et CD2232 sont à nouveaux bloquées et impossible d'installer le firmware 5.2.5 EN ou CH ou le 5.3.0.
C'est arrivé suite a un reboot des caméras après modification du port.
J'ai fait un reset et lancé PuTTY le processus commence mais ne finalise pas (voir image).
Merci pour votre aide car je ne sais plus quoi faire.
Hello,
Thank you for the link, but my two cameras CD2032F and CD2232 are again blocked and impossible to install firmware 5.2.5 EN or CH or 5.3.0.
It happened after a reboot of the cameras after modification of the port.
I made a reset and started PuTTY the process starts but does not finalize (see picture).
Thank you for your help because I do not know what to do.
17/48/xpcc.jpg - Visionneuse Zupimages

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The tftp updater should show 192.0.0.128 as the PC IP address - it shows 127.0.0.1 (localsystem)
Is the PC on WiFi? If so, should be wired.
Although the file does seem to transmit OK.
Did you use the downgrader firmware from the second link here? : Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English
Updated with EN and CH version so you don't have to use any tools.
It happened after a reboot of the cameras after modification of the port.
Can you zip the modified copy of mtdblock6 and attach here? Nothing really sensitive in it.

sylvie

n3wb
Reaction score
Merci pour votre aide;
Oui le wifi est coupé et même avec IP 192.0.0.128 il ne termine pas l'installation.
Voici temp6 camèra CD2232 originale 5.3.0 multilangage flasher avec firmware downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English
et temp6 CD2032 .
Cordialement
Sylvie
Thanks for your help;
Yes the wifi is cut off and even with IP 192.0.0.128 it does not finish the installation.
Here Temp6 Original CD2232 Camera 5.3.0 Multilanguage Flasher with Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English
and temp6 CD2032.
cordially
Sylvie

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Here Temp6 Original CD2232 Camera 5.3.0 Multilanguage Flasher with Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English
and temp6 CD2032.
Looking at these - the 'devType' needs to be corrected as it holds FF98 (locations 64/65).
If this is not done, the 5.3.0 and higher firmware will not run.
To find the correct value, it is needed to run the shell command prtHardInfo and to look at the value for 'devType'.
This is listed as decimal, but converted for use into hexadecimal.

If you can use the tftp updater to apply the '5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader', probably the EN version looking at your mtdblock6, you should be able to enable telnet in the web GUI and use telnet to run the prtHardInfo command.
If you do that and let me know the value, I can make the changes to the mtdblock6 files for you.