Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That kind of dropout suggests camera is still rebooting. Especially if it's always the same amount of time the camera is down and subsequently up every time (30-40 seconds and 360 seconds).

A wrong password shouldn't cause that. Is it possible your NVR is still talking to the camera and causing a reset somehow with multiple failed login attempts or something? What happens if camera is on a totally separate network - just a PC, hub and camera for example?

And how did an unknown password get set anyway? Was it your error or did password get changed to something you are sure of but it just never worked? If so I wonder if there's database corruption beyond just wrong password.

Tim Veer

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, I was trying on a separate network, just the camera, switch, pc and a router (to handle the DHCP IP needs) this network is connected to nothing else (intra or inter).
The password was set when a friend was helping to get things setup. He setup that camera with a different password (as part of a test we were doing), but then life happened and we parked the project for a couple weeks. Fast forward to today and to access the camera and none of our best guesstimates worked. Before the password snafu, the camera worked great.

Reaction score
Hey guys!many thanks to you all, I debricked my ds 2cd 2032-I. I was a but anoyed that I scraped the camera but it seams it came back to live with the TFTL downgrader

Tomi A

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to update my
ds-2cd2232-i5:s
firmware becourse something was freezing my nvr and after it bricked i started to google things and i believe i did the same thing as many others have done...installed english firmware to chinese cam...
Stupid thing, i know.
Web ui is not working, stpd is not finding the camera.
Tfpd works "fine" i even succesfully installed couple of firmwares to it but the web ui wont work. Ive rechecked what ip its using from my routers web ui but the cameras web ui is dead.
Cam has lots of chinese text on it: 581496460, ROSINS v5.3.0 _ 150513 09 , Q/bfw 006-2015

Any advice...?

Last edited:

titanmanus

n3wb
Reaction score
I

Any advice...?
Hi Tamas, I did similar thing one year ago with my DS-2cd2132 and I tought I bricked. Finally I saved it, and I'm not an expert but I saved some link, that maybe can help you.

This was the solution one:
Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I reset button?
and
How to hack 5.1.2 firmware on China region cameras to English

or solution 2:
Hikvision 2XXX English (multi language) 5.2 firmware - need way to modify it
and use the davinci and raptor file. I can send you (in PM), but not sure 100% they are compatible with 2232 too.

Other related topics, that I saved:

Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Bad firmware flash. - CCTV Forum
Hikvision Firmware. "Language version mismatch"
Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS - change language, modify firmware - CCTV Forum
Hikvision Firmware 5.1.2 Chinese to English Fix - CCTV Forum
Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS - change language, modify firmware - CCTV Forum

Bye
Gyuri

Tomi A

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the links, i read them and try to get it work again...

Well, so you would think that its easy to get it work again. Firmware that is included in downgrade package wont finish. It stops at "complete transfer"(or something like that).
Two different firmwares did give message"update complete" but still nothing, no webui, no working with stpd :(

I dont know what to try next...

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If this happens just change the language flag with the firmware tools. This is a common problem. Try 1 or 2 , your camera refuse one or the other because you flashed EN firmware to Chinese cam.

If your camera shipped with 5.2.5 or older it is always recoverable.

Tomi A

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont believe it :D it was that simple! I didnt know that wrong language flag would mean that tftpd would stop without completing! My camera is back and working great and its even on english :D Thank you very much! My girlfriend was beginning to be angry because the investigation and repairing was taking too much time :D you know... i didnt have time to clean the house etc.... ;)

HackitZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
will this work on a ds-2de2202-de3/w v5.3.8 build 150707. i keeps freezing and i have to factory reset to get the camera to work again. it's a chinese version with english.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no 5.3.8 is crypted firmware you need to use other tools to decrypt recompile....

EDIT: just read that R0 cameras seem to be not encrypted. However they have an MTD Block storing information that 5.3.8 is already flashed. So you cannot downgrade. Some managed to earase other killed there camera.

The best would be to upgrade to patched 5.4.0 but these fw is not out in the wild.

Last edited:

HackitZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
no 5.3.8 is crypted firmware you need to use other tools to decrypt recompile....

EDIT: just read that R0 cameras seem to be not encrypted. However they have an MTD Block storing information that 5.3.8 is already flashed. So you cannot downgrade. Some managed to earase other killed there camera.

The best would be to upgrade to patched 5.4.0 but these fw is not out in the wild.
thanks, do you know where a good place to look for patched 5.4.0 firmware would be? sorry for the newb question. does it matter that the camera is 2de as apposed to 2cd?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks, do you know where a good place to look for patched 5.4.0 firmware would be? sorry for the newb question. does it matter that the camera is 2de as apposed to 2cd?
We would all like to see that.

HackitZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We would all like to see that.
so i guess i can stop searching. the seller offered to upgrade but can't guarantee it will be english. might be worth a shot. maybe in the future it will have english. plus my 2 cameras don't work they freeze and need to be factory reset to use. but that only lasts a few hours until they freeze again. i was just hoping that an update to the firmware would fix them.
Thanks for all the replies.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so i guess i can stop searching. the seller offered to upgrade but can't guarantee it will be english. might be worth a shot. maybe in the future it will have english. plus my 2 cameras don't work they freeze and need to be factory reset to use. but that only lasts a few hours until they freeze again. i was just hoping that an update to the firmware would fix them.
Thanks for all the replies.
One of the biggest causes of freezing is a wiring or network fault rather than a fault with the ipc.

HackitZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One of the biggest causes of freezing is a wiring or network fault rather than a fault with the ipc.
Yeah i have 3 others that work. i have used a known working ethernet cable. direct connected to a pc. external power supply. i feel i have bought two faulty cameras.
If you know of something else i can try i'm all ears.
Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
don't connect direct to the PC always through a switch it responds better, but does sound like a camera I've been playing with but with camera connected to an NVR directly it 100% without issue, but on a LAN it would freeze and lockup in IVMS-4200.

I found no real answer other than to use this camera on an NVR only.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sellers dont send firmware 5.4.X Firmware. they want to keep it secret. If they offer to flash it with teamviewer make a Virtual Machine let him connect to the VM Window only. He will not notice. Then make memory save of it once he uploaded the firmware. Or kick him out if he wants to delete the file after flash.

Upload the file here for analysis.

Currently all china cameras delivered with firmware < 5.2.5 can be MTD Hacked and Upgraded to latest EU Firmware without any problem. The other need patched kernel / firmware.

TonyG

n3wb
Reaction score
@wackid Can you elaborate? I have the same camera and the same hanging after completed file. It never comes back online after that, until I reboot it, and then it is not responsive at all.

Hi Guys,

...my camera its a 2CD3132FD-IW...

Did the TFTP (with the TFTP here to be downloaded) But now the message keeps hanging on Completed file, waited half an hour but no done message...
EDIT:
Pfew after four hours i can wipe the sweat of my head. I guess you have to be patient to let the firmware come up.