Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Reaction score
Do i understand it Right, you have also IVS in your presets which are set to record and that collides with the triggers?
I don’t have any IVS rules in the PTZ, only in the other cams which trigger the PTZ. At the moment I’ve set the PTZ to face detection.
Yes, that is what was causing the PTZ to not go back to the HOME preset. If I had a trigger set up on another camera with record, and the PTZ was triggered to go a a preset position and that also had an IVS rule set up also with record, then once the event times out the PTZ would not go back to the HOME preset. I know it is a little odd to do it this way, but I wanted different shots of an intruder (different angles of view and recordings), but it just did not work out. Once I deleted all the presets for both the triggering camera and the PTZ, recreated them this time without the PTZ presets recording, everything started working with the PTZ going to it's HOME position. Note I also had to sync everything in the NVR, too.

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi- I've had my SD49225T-HNI bought from Andy for a couple of years. I had a a Windows 7 PC at the time. I first put the address 192.168.1.108 into Firefox's address bar. I got a notice I'd have to install "the plugin." I clicked on it and it got installed in Internet Explorer! (What is the plugin, anyway? It's installed in C:\Program Files\webrec\Torch\3.0.0.3). Anyway, I did what I wanted and I could control the cam and do the manual surveillance I needed.

I put together a new PC a year ago running Windows 10. Went through the same routine and got the plugin installed in IE. Windows protested that I should be using the Edge browser, but I ignored it. Been living happily ever since. UNTIL yesterday, when Win 10 updated itself to the May 1903 update. No more IE! It's gone. along with my PTZ plugin.

I entered the IP address into my Firefox and got a notice I'd have to install it in Chrome. But I don't want to install Chrome! I don't need an NVR right now- just want a plugin for my Firefox- or a stand-alone program/app for Windows 10.

HELP! What are my options? Thanks - Dave

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Firefox and Chrome stopped supporting plugins a year or two back. Plugins add functions to browsers that they can’t do otherwise (like playing certain video formats directly from cameras).

IE 11 is still in 1903, you may need to click the Start menu and type ‘internet’ to find it. Once you do, right-click and pin it somewhere.

Dahua has been updating camera firmware so it works with Firefox and Chrome without a plugin. I don’t think this camera model has been updated yet though.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Win10 still has IE, although it favors Edge. Look at this location for IE: "C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe"

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, that is what was causing the PTZ to not go back to the HOME preset. If I had a trigger set up on another camera with record, and the PTZ was triggered to go a a preset position and that also had an IVS rule set up also with record, then once the event times out the PTZ would not go back to the HOME preset. I know it is a little odd to do it this way, but I wanted different shots of an intruder (different angles of view and recordings), but it just did not work out. Once I deleted all the presets for both the triggering camera and the PTZ, recreated them this time without the PTZ presets recording, everything started working with the PTZ going to it's HOME position. Note I also had to sync everything in the NVR, too.
Hmm, i didn’t hat any IVS rules for any presets. The PTZ records 24/7, so for me was no reason for that. Events in timeline are caused by the other cams and I can sync playback the channels which might be of interest.
Well, maybe I’ll have to reset all and build it again from scratch. But this is nothing I really like in an environment with more than 17 cams. The new NVR firmware might be a reason if time comes by

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Man this cam has been solid for me since day one. Question for the pros. Using the latest Blue Iris 5 most recent build and all functions such as PTZ and zoom have quit working. If I delete that cam and do the find function, all goes well but doesn't work at all. Black error screen. If I do a search again it changes the parameters and I get video but lose the functionality described above. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This seems like a problem I’m having - discussed in a different post with a different camera. I don’t suppose if, when doing the “find/inspect”, it reports “bad response” to “requesting device information” does it? And if you change the password to “admin” it then finds the cam name correctly even though you didn’t change the password in the camera does it? (but still no video).

If so, then everything may work perfectly if you change the password to admin in the camera too - just as a test.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is finding all the information in the camera just fine when I add it new but throws an error code and black box. If I go into settings and run find/inspect again it doesn't pick up the presets in the camera like it does when being added new but I get video without PTZ control.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK Hound Dog 911. I don't think I quite managed to get across to you all I wanted, but it still seems to me we have the same problem.

Key point then - try changing the password in both the camera and Blue Iris to admin. I reckon find/inspect will then find your presets and all will work perfectly.

If that happens, then the next step will be to find out why and how to fix it.

PS don't know what error code and black box you are referring to but no matter - try out the admin password!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Man this cam has been solid for me since day one. Question for the pros. Using the latest Blue Iris 5 most recent build and all functions such as PTZ and zoom have quit working. If I delete that cam and do the find function, all goes well but doesn't work at all. Black error screen. If I do a search again it changes the parameters and I get video but lose the functionality described above. Any help would be appreciated.
Odd, my same cam works just fine in BI5 with the settings I used in BI4.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm going to log in directly to the camera and make sure it's not a failure of the camera itself.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still have full control when logged directly into the camera software. Is there any new firmware updates?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, have done a complete power down and I have tried different settings in the PTZ tab. Mowing lawn before it rains here. And have a litter of basset pups coming Friday hopefully so trying to get these little things taken care of.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hope you got the lawn mowed before it rained.

Please try admin password before updating the firmware.

Even though it’s possible that updating the firmware may solve the problem, it would be helpful for me to know if you have the same problem as me. Valid updates are not available for most of my cameras.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Definitely will try it later this afternoon. Rain disappeared and now feels like I'm swimming in the humidity. Not done mine and still have my father's up the street to do. Many thanks for all the suggestions.

Sincerely,
Danny

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dave, I have the same problem as you!

Here's my cam info.
Software Version
2.420.0000.11.R.2512, Build Date: 2016-09-12
WEB Version
ONVIF Version
PTZ Version
3.02.20.RHNT

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried changing the password to admin and bam, it works. Change it back and get the same error code and loose ptz.