Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

dalepa

Reaction score
I have 4 of SD49225T-HN now, and I went upgrade the last 2 to the latest firmware. The first upgrade went fine, but the second wont respond after reboot. The SD49225T-HN powers on, rotates, etc. and I can ping the IP address. But no web.

Config tool finds my other Dahua, but not this one.

I tried pressing the reset button 5-7 seconds, does nothing. The OLD IP xxx.122 still pings after reboot. I would think that XXX.108 would be the IP on reset

There is also a 3 pin jumper, not sure what that's for

Also tried holding the reset while powering, holding the reset 30 seconds, no joy

Does anyone know the reset procedure? 20190501_162940.jpg 20190501_162952.jpg20190501_162940.jpg 20190501_162940.jpg 20190501_162952.jpg 20190501_163003.jpg 20190501_162940.jpg 20190501_162952.jpg 20190501_163003.jpg 20190501_162940.jpg 20190501_162952.jpg 20190501_163003.jpg 20190501_163003.jpg 20190501_162952.jpg

20190501_162952.jpg

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It used to work for me, but stopped returning to the "Home" preset after being triggered by an event on another camera. It does return home, after any other time, like me moving to a different preset, or just panning somewhere else. Only time it doesn't is when it's triggered by another camera. I was hoping firmware updates, and resetting the camera to factory defaults would clear this up but it has not. The problem seems to be due to a problem with the NVR. I'm a little hesitant to update the NVR firmware now, as it has been working flawlessly for about 18 months now.
Same with me. After doing any manual movements it goes to its idle position.
A neighbor of mine asked me to watch his property with my cam while he was away. So I altered the idle preset number to another. And guess what, if the trigger comes by cam2 to go to preset 1 it resides in that preset, but if cam1 triggers it to go to preset 2 it goes to the idle preset 5 after idle time.
The one where the PTZ gets stuck is an intrusion zone, the other where it works is a tripwire.
If I find to much time I’ll try any further, but at the moment I’m busy with two toddlers

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Crazykiller
check my post at top of this page, sounds like what mine started doing. What I found that stop it.

Reaction score
Crazykiller
check my post at top of this page, sounds like what mine started doing. What I found that stop it.
Sorry to butt in here, but your fix to resolve the non-return to home position did not work for me. In addition, I changed the trigger to preset IVS rule from an intrusion zone, to a tripwire. Still no joy.
The one common denominator for me is that all this is controlled by the NVR. In my case, a 5216-4KS2. Only place I can set this at, via the Web interface. I am running older firmware on it, 3.210.0003.0 Build date 2017-04-18. I am hesitant to update the firmware on the NVR, as it is running rock solid with this version.

I have updated all cams involved to the latest firmware that is stable, reset them to factory defaults, and set everything up again from scratch. Still, the problem persists.

Reaction score
Same with me. After doing any manual movements it goes to its idle position.
A neighbor of mine asked me to watch his property with my cam while he was away. So I altered the idle preset number to another. And guess what, if the trigger comes by cam2 to go to preset 1 it resides in that preset, but if cam1 triggers it to go to preset 2 it goes to the idle preset 5 after idle time.
The one where the PTZ gets stuck is an intrusion zone, the other where it works is a tripwire.
If I find to much time I’ll try any further, but at the moment I’m busy with two toddlers
@Crazykiller - I just found out if I set the intrusion/tripwire I have set up on a preset that is triggered to NOT RECORD, then the camera returns to home after it is triggered. In fact, I set multiple cameras to trigger the PTZ to move to a preset they all work if set this way. It looks like Dahua has it designed this way. The PTZ had set up intrusion/tripwire IVS options with those set to RECORD for the presets that were called by a different camera. By unchecking RECORD for these, the PTZ always returns to the idle time preset without fail.

Last edited:

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm considering one of these cameras. I have either the non-auto tracking version or the tracking version in mind. I took a screenshot from Amazon with both of those and was wondering if I would be safe and getting the non-tracking version and saving $160? Does the auto tracking work that good to make it worth while? I'd rather order it with prime and have 12 months to pay it off and get it quickly instead of going through China which with the tarriff situation makes me a little hesitant. I took a screenshot of the options so you could let me know which you think would be good. I included a 3 year warranty extension do you think those have any value? Peace of mind at least.

Attachments

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm considering one of these cameras. I have either the non-auto tracking version or the tracking version in mind. I took a screenshot from Amazon with both of those and was wondering if I would be safe and getting the non-tracking version and saving $160? Does the auto tracking work that good to make it worth while? I'd rather order it with prime and have 12 months to pay it off and get it quickly instead of going through China which with the tarriff situation makes me a little hesitant. I took a screenshot of the options so you could let me know which you think would be good. I included a 3 year warranty extension do you think those have any value? Peace of mind at least.
Auto tracking works reasonably well. Not good enough to rely on it exclusively. Maybe 80% of the time it finds the correct target and follows it correctly. But when it's wrong, it's really, really wrong.

Contact Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) for a quote. Quick shipping (DHL) great pricing, and awesome service...

An upside I didn't realize when was shopping for the tracking feature is the deterrence. When people move past the camera, it is very obvious that the camera is following their movement. That gives the appearance that someone is watching them in real-time. It's almost creepy, but has the effect of keeping people honest and aware. If I get another PTZ, it will likely have auto tracking, even if it adds 20% to the cost.

BTW - not that it's any of my business, but if you can avoid going into debt to buy it - even if it means postponing the purchase - try to do so.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I assume either camera should integrate into Blue Iris well enough?
Yes for blue Iris.
Be sure you've studied this.. Cliff notes.
Typically you are better off with more fixed cams instead of a ptz. Yes in some locations auto track can work, but don't depend on it. I have a auto track Ptz, and it's tracking success is probably in 25% range.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Crazykiller - I just found out if I set the intrusion/tripwire I have set up on a preset that is triggered to NOT RECORD, then the camera returns to home after it is triggered. In fact, I set multiple cameras to trigger the PTZ to move to a preset they all work if set this way. It looks like Dahua has it designed this way. The PTZ had set up intrusion/tripwire IVS options with those set to RECORD for the presets that were called by a different camera. By unchecking RECORD for these, the PTZ always returns to the idle time preset without fail.
Do i understand it Right, you have also IVS in your presets which are set to record and that collides with the triggers?
I don’t have any IVS rules in the PTZ, only in the other cams which trigger the PTZ. At the moment I’ve set the PTZ to face detection.