Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mebe, tha'd be sweet but I suspect closer to $300.. Andy has yet to get a MSRP for it.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is this new ptz 49212T-HN cam good for outdoor use up to 40-50 meters (yrd) and will it have autotracking?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No Autotracking

Detect: 883m(2897ft)
Observe: 353m(1158ft)
Recognize: 177m(581ft)
Identify: 88m(289ft)

I have a 12x Black Face PTZ on my house for the last 3 years.. rarely will I use all its zoom, its hard to see distance in my neighborhood w/all our mature trees.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thx nayr ,i just reread spec ..and its said "Digital Zoom16x "
which starlight would you recommend with autotracking ,ptz for 40-50meters .. right now waiting delivery 5 -5231 and would like to order 2more bullets 5231 +1 ptz

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  • Black Face Intelligent PTZ 25x (4.8mm~120mm) w/SD, External Audio & Alarm: SD59225U-HNI
IMHO, autotracking alone is not worth paying extra for.. its neat when it works, but its not 100% reliable.. you better have fixed cameras in place and use autotracking on a PTZ as a backup/second angle.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't wait for similar low light performance from a higher res camera for not insane money, it's hard as hell to get 100 pixels on someone's face unless all you are covering is a doorway.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
My neighborhood is like nayr's. No great long-distance viewing, particularly in the summer when leaves get on the trees. This 12x is tempting me to replace the PTZ I moved to a different location from the front of my house. I have no great need for one there (3 fixed cams cover my front door and two driveways) but it is nice to be able to look around up and down street occasionally. Plus I could leave it parked for license plate duty when I am not actively using it. That'd be 4 cams up front. Then maybe a 5th trained on the bird feeder. My front yard'll be worse than London.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
My neighborhood is like nayr's. No great long-distance viewing, particularly in the summer when leaves get on the trees. This 12x is tempting me to replace the PTZ I moved to a different location from the front of my house. I have no great need for one there (3 fixed cams cover my front door and two driveways) but it is nice to be able to look around up and down street occasionally. Plus I could leave it parked for license plate duty when I am not actively using it. That'd be 4 cams up front. Then maybe a 5th trained on the bird feeder. My front yard'll be worse than London.
Are these cams covering small spots like cars and stuff or little wider view so you can see everything? I am agonizing over this lol.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You just need to cover tight spots and choke points, if someone walks across your yard and dont approach your cars, doors, gates.. then its no big loss if you dont get good images of em.. but when they come and fuck with your car or start peeking in windows and putting ear to door.. thats when you want to get em, and get em good.

You an always put up overview cameras later or use your PTZ on wide angle in the day and at night zoom it in on that important target.. these Dahua PTZ's let you schedule actions on the camera.. I have mine zoom in on my car door after 9pm, and in the day time its much wider

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Makes sense, gonna mount my right driveway cam this weekend probably, still waiting for the other 3 turrets, planning to do left driveway watching the wife's car, front door and maybe one on the left side gate or back door, not sure yet, hoping my bullet goes and comes back pretty quick I wanna use that for an overview on the front yard/driveways.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
  • Black Face Intelligent PTZ 25x (4.8mm~120mm) w/SD, External Audio & Alarm: SD59225U-HNI
IMHO, autotracking alone is not worth paying extra for.. its neat when it works, but its not 100% reliable.. you better have fixed cameras in place and use autotracking on a PTZ as a backup/second angle.
yes,that's why i will order ptz as backup -second angle only .7-5231 cams will cover everything i need,i assume )))

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ordered the HFW4231s and should be here tomorrow, any suggestions on video setting tweaks? Will be adding it to my 16 channel Dahua NVR..I will be mounting it outside. Thanks

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
What I would like to see is a Starlight 12x ressed IP66 PTZ with IR

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua dont like putting IR on Dome PTZ's, for good reason.. dont hold your breath.. a 12x recessed is possible though.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua dont like putting IR on Dome PTZ's, for good reason.. dont hold your breath.. a 12x recessed is possible though.
Have Dahua ever released a recessed IP66 PTZ?

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the lite ptz zoom in, when ivs triggers an event? Or is this only with auto tracking possible?
SD49225T-HN | Dahua Technology and SD49212T-HN | Dahua Technology seems to be the same, except the 12 /25 zoom?
Since I don't have any cameras or nvr yet, I'm still not clear on some of the feature details.

The specs say 300 PTZ presets. I assumed a preset was a specific Pan, Tilt, and Zoom setup. Why wouldn't it be possible to have an event go to a preset? Or is @TVT73 asking about zooming to the area where the IVS trigger occurred?