Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua makes it pretty easy, IMO. If the version of the product doesn't have the Dahua logo on it, they don't directly support it. The versions Andy sell do not have the logo. On the Starlight models I bought, Andy's ads on Ali state his warranty terms. In terms of support, if the answer isn't on the forum here, Andy will work with Dahua... or at least he has done that for us in the past.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone have a reliable seller to purchase the IPC - HFW4231S? These will work perfectly for some rental properties that I install for. Empire doesn't have them listed in his Alie store.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for finding that! I went to the earlier posted link of his starlight store and didn't see it there.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see there isn't a review on this cam yet here. This model meets the price point I'm trying to stay in and is still a starlight cam.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just spoke to Andy He has zero in stock. The Hik mini bullets are just horrible at night.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just spoke to Andy He has zero in stock. The Hik mini bullets are just horrible at night.
Did he say how long until he can get them in stock? Sometimes it only takes a few days.

xips

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you nayr for putting this together. It represents a lot of time and work and I can't thank you enough. I'm sure it has saved me and many others time and money with your reviews that most definitely keep it real.

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are the domes below PTZ?
They look like they would be but it doesnt actually say in anywhere in the product descriptions
Or does anyone have recommendations for dome style PTZ cameras for outdoor?

Says not recommended for outdoor use in the first post but the description says waterproof for the IPC-HDBW4231E-AS:
Dahua 2MP starlight IR Mini Dome Network Camera IPC HDBW4231E AS ,free dhl shipping-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
None of those are PTZ. I think the first post has PTZ cameras broken down into their own category further down.

IMO, domes get the "not recommended for outdoors" comment from owners frustrated from dirt/water spots on the dome causing the IR to reflect off of the dome and back into the lens, which can make a ghostly/washed-out looking picture. Also, they seem to be more prone to having spiders build webs over them vs. the other form factors.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the domes below PTZ?
They look like they would be but it doesnt actually say in anywhere in the product descriptions
Or does anyone have recommendations for dome style PTZ cameras for outdoor?

Says not recommended for outdoor use in the first post but the description says waterproof for the IPC-HDBW4231E-AS:
Dahua 2MP starlight IR Mini Dome Network Camera IPC HDBW4231E AS ,free dhl shipping-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
No they are not. Don't use domes outdoors if you can avoid it, they have all sorts of problems with reflections, especially as they age.

Buttan Butt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a Dahua Starlight 2MP with Wifi? I need something that I can mount on my neighbors house ...

Reaction score
Is there a Dahua Starlight 2MP with Wifi? I need something that I can mount on my neighbors house ...
Looks like they will have a PTZ coming out. Looks nice, but no idea on the wifi range.

SD49225T-HN-W

May be others coming too.

@EMPIRETECANDY - Would be interested in this. Can you check on pricing/availabilty when it nears release? Thanks.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Rx7_Ben

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody got their hands on a HDW5231R-ZE yet?
They have a wider viewing angle than the R-Z.
I'm curious to know how they compare. I've already got the R-Z and I love it, just about to pull the trigger on another but discovered the R-ZE.

Last edited:

tronicone

n3wb
Reaction score
New Member here, I ordered a IPC-HDW4231EM-AS fixed lens from Andy at Empire based on info from this forum. They only had PAL models so that is what I ordered. Looking at the comments and downloads from NAYR for that model only shows a PAL firmware download. Am I correct that the NTSC firmware download listed for the Varifocal model IPC-HDW5231R-Z will also work for the Fixed lens that I ordered?