Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

Reaction score
IVS Optional appears to mean only one of the listed options can be activated at any one time.
So yes the camera is capable of doing this, but it's up to the user to decide whether or not they want to use it. Correct?
If that's the case, looks like I'm in for a couple IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras to start with.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
added ultra series of starlight varifocals including the larger sensor models and an interesting new covert pinhole camera

IPC-HUM8230 | Dahua Technology

Its got the same 1/2.8 Exmor R as the EcoSavvy Starlights, but technically its not a starlight because that F2.4 Pinhole Aperture reduces its quality at night above 0.009 Lux (color) which is apparently the cutoff for the Starlight branding.. when compared to the previous 720p pinhole this should be a nice upgrade, its not like your ever going to see a starlight pinhole anyhow.. Despite the sub-starlight optics, I'm listing it here only because of the sensor it has in it.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I received my 5231 today expecting it to be similar in size to the 4231 which I ordered a couple of weeks ago. The 5231 turret is actually bigger than the 4231 turret.

The 5231 turret is going to look very threatening staring down at anyone who approach my front porch lol!

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I received my 5231 today expecting it to be similar in size to the 4231 which I ordered a couple of weeks ago. The 5231 turret is actually bigger than the 4231 turret.

The 5231 turret is going to look very threatening staring down at anyone who approach my front porch lol!

Bill
Here are the pictures of two turret side by side. The 5231 is on the right and 4231 on the left.

starlight1.JPG starlight2.JPG

Bill

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
What all did they include in the box? Mine should be here tomorrow but i'm curious lol.
Set Screw Screwdriver.. Smallest CD ever.... Packing material, and a quick start guide. And the "Web Cam" of course..... Also some Waterproof fittings, and mounting anchors and screws.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
was just looking for a pro in-ceiling starlight PTZ and was thinking to my self; boy it'd be nice if I could get one of these w/IR for my front door..

then I found this, so new the images are broken and none of the downloads work: SD6C225U-HNI | Dahua Technology

I checked the model number against the Dahua Speed Dome Naming Convention:

and it appears this is an in-ceiling model w/IR.. common dahua give me a pic! hopefully its dome free turret because I dont see any vandal resistance.

specs indicate it is much slower than the non IR in ceiling starlight.. but meh, still 2x as fast as my Mini Black Face PTZ.

I think we might have our self a starlight black face in-celing PTZ.. the other in-celing cameras are really not much bigger than the mini-black face PTZ when recessed and those are 5in round, this model number indicates 6in round probably for the IR.. Still could be a great option for those unwilling to put a big PTZ up on the front of the house.

definitely a new chassis and gonna have to wait to even see what it looks like.

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
was just looking for a pro in-ceiling starlight PTZ and was thinking to my self; boy it'd be nice if I could get one of these w/IR for my front door..

then I found this, so new the images are broken and none of the downloads work: SD6C225U-HNI | Dahua Technology

I checked the model number against the Dahua Speed Dome Naming Convention:

and it appears this is an in-ceiling model w/IR.. common dahua give me a pic! hopefully its dome free turret because I dont see any vandal resistance.

specs indicate it is much slower than the non IR in ceiling starlight.. but meh, still 2x as fast as my Mini Black Face PTZ.

I think we might have our self a starlight black face in-celing PTZ.. the other in-celing cameras are really not much bigger than the mini-black face PTZ when recessed and those are 5in round, this model number indicates 6in round probably for the IR.. Still could be a great option for those unwilling to put a big PTZ up on the front of the house.

definitely a new chassis and gonna have to wait to even see what it looks like.
I noticed there were some that said "new" and had broken pictures the other day haha. I don't really mind having a full on ptz on the front of the house, are there limitations in movement range with the in the ceiling ones?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would very much like it where im installing it.. wont be able to use all that 25x zoom where im putting it, but I dont really need it.. 25-30mm will cover most all areas of interest.

Galileo NVR-Front Door-2017-01-07-13-43-06.jpg

for example here is looking straight out on my mini-ptz, if I have more zoom it'll zoom in on the center of the frame.. so I can get a real close up look at those car tires.. but that white car up the street I'll never be able to zoom in on w/out uptilt because its higher than 90 degrees.. everything in the top half of the image I could not zoom in on.. and thats alot of stuff.

uptilt on a PTZ is very nice thing to have.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I also would have expected they would be the same size. Any chance you could post some low light comparison screen shots between the two?
I will try to a comparison when I have free time. I have my hand full right now and having 4 kids doesn't help either lol :)

Bill