Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dont have any external lighting out back? proabibly best not to hijack this thread, you made your own dunno why moved it here.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its just easier for people searching the forums to not have to dig through pages of stuff that would be much easier to find and parse in its own thread.. when they get this long most people skim and then repeat the same questions that been asked many times before.

was just sayin, its a public forum.. do what you want, the mods rarely move posts about and leave it to our (often poor) discretion.

If you had a summary of your findings you wanted to cross post here that'd be totally cool by me.. this thread references tons of cameras, my intentions were for general discussion and major revelations.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
dont have any external lighting out back? proabibly best not to hijack this thread, you made your own dunno why moved it here.
Only one 60 watt bulb on the upper deck. I was going to use IR. Are you suggesting that I should have IR disabled and use some type of external lighting for nighttime surveillance?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you want to use any kind of motion detection or IVS you'll get much better results with external illumination, and reflectors wont flare up either.

bugs, dust, spider webs, rain, snow, fog all kinda become moot when you turn off the onboard IR..

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
if you want to use any kind of motion detection or IVS you'll get much better results with external illumination, and reflectors wont flare up either.

bugs, dust, spider webs, rain, snow, fog all kinda become moot when you turn off the onboard IR..
Good points, I will have to talk to my neighbors to see how they feel having a LED lighting lit all night long in my backyard. I plan to install one above my garage door to illuminate the driveway and maybe my front porch too after reading your post about the LED lighting you added to your. Ones I want to put there is 4K-5K which is like daylight lighting.

Has anyone complained about your LED lighting yet?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Good points, I will have to talk to my neighbors to see how they feel having a LED lighting lit all night long in my backyard. I plan to install one above my garage door to illuminate the driveway and maybe my front porch too after reading your post about the LED lighting you added to your. Ones I want to put there is 4K-5K which is like daylight lighting.

Has anyone complained about your LED lighting yet?
I think he means external IR

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
im using external IR cannons and nobody complains.. I also have 5k LED lighting but they are on timers.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Heard back from Andy, street price of the Z5 Starlight bullet: IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 195USD/PCS

Very comparable to the Varifocal Turret, but alot more zoom.. cant wait to see these come up.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Locked up 3 turrets, hope they come in sooner than later, now the wait begins.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's difference between laser ir and ir?

Also which PTZ is the best

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Heard back from Andy, street price of the Z5 Starlight bullet: IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 195USD/PCS

Very comparable to the Varifocal Turret, but alot more zoom.. cant wait to see these come up.
I have 5 Varifocal Turret 5231 from Andy on the way and just see this new ones lol ... looks like ill have to order 2 of this new ones +1 ptz...

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

thats not a bad price

dam those look like there pretty big almost 1 foot long

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
  • Starlight Z5 Bullet w/SD, External Audio & Alarm (7mm-35mm): IPC-HFW5231E-Z5
  • Ultra WDR Z5 Bullet w/SD, External Audio & Alarm (7mm-35mm): IPC-HFW8231E-Z5
Hmm, these are both listed as using the 1/2.8 sensor. I wonder if the Ultra is worth whatever added cost it has, then? I'd sure like more zoom for the starlight cam I have watching the end of my driveway.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The UltraWDR only nets you 140dB WDR and SSR, neither of those would be worth the premium like the UltraStarlights IMHO.

I can only imagine 140dB WDR is usefull on moving platforms that can point into the sun (cars/trucks/trains/boats/planes)

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The UltraWDR only nets you 140dB WDR and SSR, neither of those would be worth the premium like the UltraStarlights IMHO.

I can only imagine 140dB WDR is usefull on moving platforms that can point into the sun (cars/trucks/trains/boats/planes)
What is SSR? Tried to google it and came up empty handed. Is it the same as SSA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
err, typo.. still finishing my coffee.. SSA is what its called, and its basically Auto-WDR

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably be $250?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk