Dahua AutoTracking Demos

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is the best one yet, someone tried to sell me new windows even through all mine are already modern.

Some quality was lost trying to convert this H265 DAV into something standardized..

If anyone has there own demo videos, post em up..

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is the best one yet, someone tried to sell me new windows even through all mine are already modern.

Some quality was lost trying to convert this H265 DAV into something standardized..

If anyone has there own demo videos, post em up..
Now that it's warm enough to climb up on the roof I'll get mine up, that's fucking awesome though.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
This might be way out there, but I wonder if the is a way to pull coordinates of an object off one cam and feed it to a ptz to move there and start tracking.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Daybreak

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy,
OK, it looks like I need to upgrade my game.
I have been watching comments about this unit and like it alot. With the feature set of the auto tracking working like that... I want it NOW! :)

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty nice.

Are these configured to return to "home" position after panning a certain amount or what?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you can specify tracking time, after that it will go back to the view it was at before it started tracking

Since it's triggered by IVS it dont spend all day chasing squirrels and cars like a bad dog.. in my case it only tracks people walking up to my door.
Screenshot 2017-02-16 21.06.31.png

imazephed

n3wb
Reaction score
That is awesome. The girl was kind of cute I would have had to chat with her longer lol. Nayr you would fit in the deep south just fine by the looks of your driveway. I am on the Mississippi gulf coast and every house has at least one car sitting in the drive with an engine stand and jack under it. I think it may be on our state seal.

GuitarKin it looks like you are greeted with a million dollar view each and every day.

Will a NVR4216-8P-4K run a camera like the SD59230U-HNI or is it just for blue iris or some pc based system? What is the life expectancy of the motor that moves and zooms the camera? Seems like it would get a heck of a workout if left on track all the time.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that nvr will handle it, and it only autotracks a handfull of times a day.. I dont have it tracking everything that moves.

My Big Black Face PTZ hooked up to automation to make it move several times a day is now on year 3 and it'll be upgraded before it dies.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How does auto tracking decide when and what percentage to zoom in on a moving person?
Of the few videos I have seen it appears a bit random...some follow and zoom in close to face, some do not zoom in for a while and not as close.
Are these settings you can configure? Say like tell the camera to try to keep the moving object 1/3 of the image heiht or something li,e that?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
That is awesome. The girl was kind of cute I would have had to chat with her longer lol. Nayr you would fit in the deep south just fine by the looks of your driveway. I am on the Mississippi gulf coast and every house has at least one car sitting in the drive with an engine stand and jack under it. I think it may be on our state seal.

GuitarKin it looks like you are greeted with a million dollar view each and every day.

Will a NVR4216-8P-4K run a camera like the SD59230U-HNI or is it just for blue iris or some pc based system? What is the life expectancy of the motor that moves and zooms the camera? Seems like it would get a heck of a workout if left on track all the time.
Who knows but they are meant to be used, and typically manned by a security guard so I'd imagine if these things are built well, and they seem to be, that they could handle lots of daily moving for a few years at least, if I don't pan tilt and zoom why the hell did I buy the thing.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
How does auto tracking decide when and what percentage to zoom in on a moving person?
Of the few videos I have seen it appears a bit random...some follow and zoom in close to face, some do not zoom in for a while and not as close.
Are these settings you can configure? Say like tell the camera to try to keep the moving object 1/3 of the image heiht or something li,e that?
Good question, I saw another tab in my ptz in the IVS stuff that says global and has some settings that look related to auto tracking and stuff but their docs can be hard to find on certain things, from what I understand it tries to fill the frame with the object it is tracking.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good question, I saw another tab in my ptz in the IVS stuff that says global and has some settings that look related to auto tracking and stuff but their docs can be hard to find on certain things, from what I understand it tries to fill the frame with the object it is tracking.
That's been my experience as well with the limited distance I have to use for testing. It tries to fill the frame. With only 15 feet of test distance, I can juke it and it will lose me, but it's pretty solid nontheless.

I will have a better test environment on 4/1. We will be monitoring a 450' driveway approach.

SD