Dahua AutoTracking Demos

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how much further out a 40x could see compared to the 25 & 30x samples we've seen.
40x zoom in on a bug in the grass in the far corner of your yard would be cool.

I like the wiper model but hey, one more thing that could break some day.

I have a nice clear 2 mi view to river bluffs with some sweet mansions on the top I'd love to 40x zoom in on.
If you'd like to sell it at a friendly discount when you are finished testing, ping me! :)

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will the SD59230U-HNI work with NVR4104-4KS2 and track automatically without addition software ?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
It should. The intelligent functions are all built into the camera, not the NVR. NVR only records the video stream sent by the camera.
From my understanding, 52xx NVR supposedly to have a build in IVS function that can monitor on cameras that doesn't have IVS built in but a limited number of cameras depending on the NVR's processor. I believe on the 52xx it was 4 camera max however the higher end NVR can do more cameras even if the camera doesn't have IVS built in.

But right now the IVS in NVR doesn't seem to be working so either nobody have figured how to set up IVS monitor from NVR end or the IVS function in NVR is buggy and we have to wait for a firmware update or I am wrong about this.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From my understanding, 52xx NVR supposedly to have a build in IVS function that can monitor on cameras that doesn't have IVS built in but a limited number of cameras depending on the NVR's processor. I believe on the 52xx it was 4 camera max however the higher end NVR can do more cameras even if the camera doesn't have IVS built in.

But right now the IVS in NVR doesn't seem to be working so either nobody have figured how to set up IVS monitor from NVR end or the IVS function in NVR is buggy and we have to wait for a firmware update or I am wrong about this.
Wrong, its the 6xxx and up

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Wrong, its the 6xxx and up

Strange, I could had sworn that chart I seen shows that 52xx could do front end IVS on a couple of channel Maybe the chart that I seen was wrong and outdated.

About the face detection, I didn't realize that NVR had this feature, I thought it was only on camera and we couldn't use it with IVS at same time?

If it a front end then we should be able to set IVS on camera and face detection on NVR?

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am preparing to send Nayr a super PTZ as a testing sample for free, he is the man who help all of us too much here. I am thinking for this one, latest released.
SD6AE240V-HNI,SD6AE240V-HNI | Dahua Technology
I wonder what that cam would be like 50 feet in the air. What kind of views on the neighborhood I would get!

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm a bit rusty on my physics calculations
Sorry, can't help with the calculations but being on the opposite side of the Malay Archipelago with similar environmental conditions, just wondering about lightning?

Since I moved to internet over fibre, I haven't lost a thing due to direct or in direct strikes. I am interested in pole/tower mounting a PTZ with fibre links back to network but the thought of losing >$1,000 USD camera in an instant puts me off.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@AgentMIB

Cheers. Familiar with Appendix 7 and implementation.

I have relied upon the British Standard EN/IEC 62305 used the rolling sphere method and have still lost too much meteorological gear due to the vicious nature of lightning at this latitude.

Since fibre install, haven't lost a thing. Not prepared to stick a lightning rod (tower / mast) up on just to mount a PTZ.

Will be interested to seeing what you achieve if you hoist one up. If I could do it safely, it could be an early warning Tsunami system as would be able to see to horizon.

SirAce135

n3wb
Reaction score
I am seriously considering the SD6AL830V-HNI
Was recently robbed of my firepit insert (the one in my photo) and am putting up 20 cams around the house and one at the mouth of the only street allowing access into our neighborhood (still my property). I am really interested in the SVI and catching license plates/drivers.

I am also looking at this monster: 7K (30 MP) HD Pro Cameras | Avigilon -

Anyone have experience or test footage with either of those?

Thanks!