Dahua IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS - Buy Log / Review

DATS2LS

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you look through your router for all connected devices..? Perhaps the IP changed accidentally.
Yeah... Used smart pss and the dahua config tool... The camera doesn't show up at all anymore. It used to when I first pugged it in... It was working fine... Under a static ip address I set.
I am ordering another camera as a spare, and sending this once back for repair. That way if another camera breaks I can send it back to China seller slow post and not have to worry about the slow china postage times...

Can't believe I can't reset this camera... The button does sfa. Contacted some local cctv repair companies and they all said the camera would have to be sent back to the factory...

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi there,
Having an issue with one of my cameras. Can't find an ip address with the dahua config tool or smart pss. It did come up initially but now it's lost. I wanted to do a factory reset on it
I can see a button on the base circuit board but it doesn't do anything...
How did u factory reset the camera

I held the button down for five seconds. I've now had six of these cameras go south and just stop responding to the network. All have been fixed with a factory reset and firmware upgrade. Firmware upgrade fixes the daylight savings issue as well. I've now flashed all of my cameras to the new firmware.

DATS2LS

n3wb
Reaction score
I held the button down for five seconds. I've now had six of these cameras go south and just stop responding to the network. All have been fixed with a factory reset and firmware upgrade. Firmware upgrade fixes the daylight savings issue as well. I've now flashed all of my cameras to the new firmware.
I've had one go down, and wouldn't adopt an ip address at all. Could no longer find it. Contacted seller and he said the camera couldn't be reset unless u could access it from Web page. And seeing as no ip address, I had to send it back to him for factory repair.

What firmware did u use?
Just to confirm ipc-hdbw4431r-zs?

Ctbrown

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and essentially a noob when it come to surveillance cameras. I just bought two HDBW4431R-ZS cameras from Amazon (see screenshot below). I just noticed that the description curiously states that it has the ONVIF International Version. Are there multiple version of ONVIF and should I worry about compatibility issues? Also, it seems that the seller is trying to dissuade people from updating the firmware. I read some of the other posts in this thread about the various firmwares, but sure if I fully understand the implications.

All said , I'm thinking of cancelling the Amazon order and purchasing one on Ebay that states "English Firmware".

upload_2017-10-9_19-4-1.png

Attachments

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, it seems that the seller is trying to dissuade people from updating the firmware.
That right there is the classic sign that it's running a hacked firmware that can't be upgraded by the user. If being able to upgrade is important to you, I'd pass.

Ctbrown

n3wb
Reaction score
That right there is the classic sign that it's running a hacked firmware that can't be upgraded by the user. If being able to upgrade is important to you, I'd pass.
Thanks. I just cancelled the Amazon order.
There's one on Ebay that states "English Firmware"...Any reason to think that this one is any better?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I just cancelled the Amazon order.
There's one on Ebay that states "English Firmware"...Any reason to think that this one is any better?
Hi Ctbrown,

Welcome to the forum. I know I was very excited to start purchasing right away, and had to hold back a bit.
I recommend taking some time checking things out a bit before deciding what to purchase.

Also do take a look at Andy's EmpireTecAndy store as he does a great job with customer service and a number of us have enjoyed purchasing from him - note he gives discounts to members and tries to only carry products which can be upgraded.
Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

note - Chinese market cameras can be useful, just note that you will have to be more responsible and take more of your time to help keep them better secured and you may have issues with daylight savings time as well as being unable to update the firmware as easily.