Dahua IPC-HFW4421D-AS Audio 4MP HD WDR Network LXIR Bullet

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thats very disheartening, I suspect the vendor purchased Chinese language cameras.. then modified the translation/language file with an english one.. when you hard reset it, you likely wiped that modification out and it reverted to Chinese.

I've encountered many Chinese language Dahua's on the market, but it appears that someone's figured out how to get in and modify the running firmware.. Unless this secret is revealed I dont think you'll have much luck returning it to English.

Thanks for being the poor bastard to reveal this to us, glad it was'nt me :p
Hehe yeah my ususal luck. I always get the "duds" or something goes wrong. I am used to it :p
Btw vendor said they had no firmware and i had to send it back if i want it in english so that confirms what you said. I dont feel like doing that atm as the camera is installed and "working".

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is where the camera ended up now :p
Tried to make it semi hidden so the camera sees the person before they see the camera. Dont know how well the IR will come out, will see tonight.
I have plenty of normal lightning anyway.
Some tape visible riuning the clean look doh !

20160608_175846.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
go ahead and break off those luvers over the IR, thats just going to reflect back into the sensor and ruin your night image...

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
go ahead and break off those luvers over the IR, thats just going to reflect back into the sensor and ruin your night image...
Yeah mayby. Will see how it looks tonight as is first. I used black tape on the inside so the light cant come down on on the sensor directly. There is plenty of light in front of the door but to the sides farther away i need more so i ordered a separate 12v IR light to shine where the camera lights wont be able iluminate.

One of these. Dont know how good they are but at $8.85 each they are cheap enough :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371599246642?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Really like this model so got a second one and installed it at a very tricky spot with alot of trees and foliage. IVS Tripwire false alarmed after 2min even when trying to make the target size accurate. Whole image is full of moving shadows from trees and bushes. Installed a Bosch Tritech PIR of same model as i have used before and now its all fine ! Alarm input saved the day. :)I have used the Bosch Tritech on another camera for several weeks without any false alarm also.

Imerten

n3wb
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a microphone to tune-in on the kid's mischief next door? They have been throwing broken glass into our yard and using our shed as target practice for their slingshot.

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Nayr. This camera has some serious IR!!! Dam... Have you tweeked your settings anymore to get a cleaner picture. I am running this with the factory settings and its a little snowy.. I think you posted some settings in a earlier post and if that is what your using now, I will follow what you posted and see how it looks..

Thanks for all your support.

Eustace

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried to order a 2nd one of these cameras, but was told that they have been discontinued and the replacement is: IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I2

I got one of the new models on the way, with 12mm optics which has a larger aperture and should help at night a little.. will report back with results.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Omg how is this possible. I opened the camera and did a hardreset. Logged in to the camera. Everything looked normal. Changed the ip from .108 to .112 pressed save.
Now the camera is all in chinese ??????.. whyyyyyyyyyyy.. Chinese is a different firmware how can it change...
try this, enable Telnet using this post: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13369-Dahua-Enable-Telnet
and then run: cat /var/web/preLanguage

mine says:
Code:
{   
    "PreLanguage" : "English"
}