Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
go to setup -> camera -> conditions -> default -> check ALL and hit [DEFAULT], out of the box for some reason I had some settings stuck that would not change.. but that fixed it.

There is a grey Question Mark in the upper right hand corner, click on it for help with settings.

Thats pretty typical time from China unless your willing to pay another $30-$60 ontop for ~week, be patient and plan ahead or pay the piper.. I start buying components early in the year so I have them all ready for nice weather to entice the prowlers back out into the night.

Last edited by a moderator:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
go to setup -> camera -> conditions -> default -> check ALL and hit [DEFAULT], out of the box for some reason I had some settings stuck that would not change.. but that fixed it.

There is a grey Question Mark in the upper right hand corner, click on it for help with settings.
Thanks @nayr, That worked. I had to do the "default" thing again this morning after playing with some of the settings but I think it will be good once I get the settings where I want them and the ? in the corner is very helpful, I appreciate it.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there enough room on the base of this camera to install a 3/4" connector or does it need an external mount?

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The base uses a flush mount plate.. so there is no extra space. You would need some type of box to attach it too if you wanted to run the wires under the camera.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay thanks. The one mount I saw makes the camera hang from a arm like a normal ptz. I want to keep the base flush.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats a wall mount bracket, if you can mount it to the underside a horizontal surface, like a celling, you can just mount it flush.

PTZ's wont mount flush on a wall, they have really 1 orientation..

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah I understand. For where I want to place it, I have to run conduit to it while trying to keep it flush. Otherwise I'll just have to put two standard cams where this one would go.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For this next job, they want a small footprint so I'm thinking Hik 4mp mini bullet cams. House has led dusk/dawn lights all around.

GS3

n3wb
Reaction score
hello everyone,

i'm new to this site, there is a ton of wealth of information and have learned a lot from this site. i recently purchased this camera but it's a wifi model and would like to find out if the camera included the power supply or a/c plug for power?

i received the camera but no power plug or supply and would like to find out what others are using for power if no power supply is included, also if the wifi version is capable of POE function like the non-wifi version?

appreciate any help or feedback

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no power adapters are included, according ot the specs the WiFi is not PoE compatible.. but the specs have been wrong before, my big black face PTZ was originally sold to me w/out PoE, later found out it does have PoE+ and it was just ommited from the spec sheet.

I am using a PoE switch, and I've never bought a camera that came with a power adapter.. or poe injector.

GS3

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks nayr,

I'm still trying to piece my system together at this time and don't have all the pieces yet so I'm lacking the nvr with POE switches, but at the same time I want to test out the camera and was trying to find a compatible 12v adapter to work with.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
12vdc is 12vdc, it needs just over an amp of power so anything that can do 1.5A @ 12VDC should work fine.

the plug is: 5.5 x 2.1 mm DC Barrel Plug (positive tip)

GS3

n3wb
Reaction score
hi nayr,

i really need your help and expert knowledge on how to set this up. i found a power adapter that will give power, after i plug in power and ethernet cable but i'm not able to see or find the camera in my network. no local ip address for the camera, 192.168.. etc.

can you help walk me through the setup? possibly step by step. i had other ip cameras before and the setup was much simpler, i've been pretty persistent at making a run at this for the past several hours and i'm stomped. not sure where the issue is or if i got a doa camera (lemon)?

i also need to know the default login name and password to login once it's recognized by my network, and the other concern is the default port number is 37777, not sure if this is correct or not.

thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
192.168.1.108 is the default ip, login is admin/admin

it wont be on your network by just plugging it in.. I typically unplug from my network, manually configure my network adapter to be 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0 and plug the camera in directly to my computer.. then open 192.168.1.108 in a browser, login, go into network.. reconfigure for dhcp and then save and restart.. then plug it back into my network, reset power again and let my router tell me the IP.

browser port is 80

its not DOA, its PEBCAK

GS3

n3wb
Reaction score
hi nayr,

just tried your suggestion of plug it in directly to the laptop and open browser 192.168.1.108 and it said it couldn't load the page.

any idea?

thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
did you reconfigure your network adapter to be on the same subnet?

GS3

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for all your help nayr. i'm now able to get into the camera for configurations! i will continue to messed with it tomorrow afternoon when i get some more time. i can now rest that the camera is in good working order, not a DOA.

thanks again for your help.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do these all have English firmware are does it vary by seller like the Hiks? I've also noticed that some sellers are only offering PAL version and I had one seller tell me that only applies to analog cameras!

Does it come with a right angle bracket?