Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you can shut off the IR so it'd run inside an enclosure, good luck.. share what you find

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased a Dahua 4X Speed Dome because of this thread. I appreciate Nayr for his review, which made the decision of buying this camera an easy one.

Purchased from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Dahua-MINI-PTZ-4x-optical-zoom-IR-Distance-up-to-30m-SD29204S-GN-with-LOGO/32659611002.html for $169.19 shipped via mobile app. Buyer has the option of DHL, Fedex, or UPS all of which are included in the purchase price. (Although that can change at any time.)

(included a pic side by side with a Huisun/Improx Mini PTZ for those curious about the size)

Order was placed on 05/06/16 shipped through DHL wrapped in the DHL cardboard envelope with brown tape.
Ship Date 05/10/16
Received 05/12/16 (6 days to receive from the order date is pretty awesome!)

It is currently indoors. I've tested it and I am very pleased with its performance and features. Image quality is very nice both day and night. I can post some samples once I get this thing mounted outside.

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased a Dahua 4X Speed Dome because of this thread. I appreciate Nayr for his review, which made the decision of buying this camera an easy one.

Purchased from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Dahua-MINI-PTZ-4x-optical-zoom-IR-Distance-up-to-30m-SD29204S-GN-with-LOGO/32659611002.html for $169.19 shipped via mobile app. Buyer has the option of DHL, Fedex, or UPS all of which are included in the purchase price. (Although that can change at any time.)

(included a pic side by side with a Huisun/Improx Mini PTZ for those curious about the size)

Order was placed on 05/06/16 shipped through DHL wrapped in the DHL cardboard envelope with brown tape.
Ship Date 05/10/16
Received 05/12/16 (6 days to receive from the order date is pretty awesome!)

It is currently indoors. I've tested it and I am very pleased with its performance and features. Image quality is very nice both day and night. I can post some samples once I get this thing mounted outside.
That's a good deal I tried to buy one but aliexpress said my account is disabled for security reasons, WTH I have never bought anything on that site yet

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! Does this camera have an "on-boot self-test for PTZ"? My installation is based on solar power, thus it will boot up every day and has to be still 24-7.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes it does a calibration dance on boot, like all PTZ's.. its not so much a self-test as it is orienting its self.

tamjin09

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received this camera, is it normal to hear some motor notice after it finish panning during the startup?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just received this camera, is it normal to hear some motor notice after it finish panning during the startup?
depending on where you park it yeah, you can hear a whine.. I had to adjust my night time preset because it'd whine for a few mins after moving to it.. its to be expected, all my ptz's emit funny noises when you attach a microphone to the body.

Raptor_007

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered this model as my first camera. :laugh: Can't wait to get it.
Me too - well my first IP camera anyway. After we had someone try to break in through a window, we grabbed an analog LaView system, and I am SO ready to be done with it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i am using a home automation system to trigger PTZ presets via Dahua HTTP API, its all custom..

soulja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey @nayr. I have a question belonging the nightvision. Do you have an example Video in complete Darkness?

Do you think the HIkvisions like DS-2CD2132f-i have better nightvision or the Dahua Cameras

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i am using a home automation system to trigger PTZ presets via Dahua HTTP API, its all custom..
It would be so good if you could share some details in a dedicated post? Like are you using external PIR? Which automation system are you using?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It would be so good if you could share some details in a dedicated post? Like are you using external PIR? Which automation system are you using?
He has shared a ton of his home automation setup. Just search the forum here for it. Lots of reading on that one.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nayr so if a cam has alarm I/o in the product description I can install that pir sensor u mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk