Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
not much you can do about that, the only real fix is to disable the onboard IR and use an external illuminator.. but outdoors expect to have alot of false triggers, not really worth fighting it.

springheal

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeh, as I thought.

No fog = perfect night vision with little false triggers, so I am a happy camper! The firmware is a delight to use for native english speaking people!!

springheal

n3wb
Reaction score
Yesterday local recording ceased to work to the built in sd card and under settings it no longer recognized the sd card!?! What!!

Set everything to default after a re boot and still no good. Replaced the sd card with another one and again, still no good.

No recordings at all as neither sd card was recognized.

Now I was starting to think about having to return the unit, but first tried one more option. I disconnected power to the camera and waited a few minutes before reconnecting.

That did the trick, sd card recognized and all is running as it should now.

I am now not so sure about the firmware and whether this will be a one off or not! Time will tell.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
did you try another SD card? ive had a ton fail shortly after deploying them.. lots of fakes out there.

springheal

n3wb
Reaction score
did you try another SD card? ive had a ton fail shortly after deploying them.. lots of fakes out there.
You must have not read my post very carefully!
Replaced the sd card with another one and again, still no good.
First card was unbranded but the other was but same result. Anyway, after powering off/on both cards were recognized. Still ok so far.

I have a question. Video clips have audio when playing through IE but when I download a clip to play (mp4), there is no audio. In settings/conditions/audio, there are 3 options to select for "Encode Mode" and none of them helped. I have tried a clip with several players and never any audio. The media players (under properties) shows video specs but audio is grayed out as there is none. I know it's a simple fix but I am currently stuck. Thanks for your guidance nayr.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no idea, I've not recorded anything to SD on this camera.. I have a NVR doing the recording and I export audio just fine.

you should not be replacing the SD cards while its powered up, adding and removing storage should be done with the camera offline.

Last edited by a moderator:

springheal

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks nayr. For other users who are contemplating this camera and relying on audio recording to sd card. It appears not to record audio. I have checked and tried various settings relating to audio and have had no success. Playing back recordings through the browser does have audio.

I can live with this but I may record direct to nvr instead of sd card one day.

you should not be replacing the SD cards while its powered up, adding and removing storage should be done with the camera offline.
Naturally

springheal

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: So far, no further issues with SD card.

Regarding downloading/exporting clips and not having any audio. Due to the files being in the "Dav" format which is encrypted, the common media players can't handle this.
Even selecting MP4 then downloading/exporting did not help. There are heaps of converters that would do the trick, but too much pissing around for my liking. The easiest solution is to use "Smart Player" which is found on Dahua's website. There is another standalone player "PC-DVR365" which maybe best to avoid due to reports of a trojan and the likes.

Smart Player is basic but does the video/audio fine.

amoimo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All

The camera is on the QNAP camera compatibility list. However they state that the FW 2.400.0000.14.R.T1.484 build 2016-04-14 is required.
Does someone know where to get it beside the Dahua support?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua support wont give you the firmware..

but looking at that compatibility list, they just list the version they tested it with.. that does not imply that version is required, its likely to work regardless of version.. they dont test all versions, and thats obvious.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just received mine. Looks like it is running some older firmware version. Is newer firmware available for download somewhere? Thanks.

Device Type: DH-SD29204S-GN
Master Version: 2.212.0000.0.R.A.484.3N.NR, build : 2015-10-23
WEB Version: 3.2.1.301934
ONVIF Version: 2.4.1
PTZ Version: 2.04.38.RHNVFJB

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just received mine. Looks like it is running some older firmware version. Is newer firmware available for download somewhere? Thanks.

That's the same as my most recently purchased one, and newer PTZ Version than my older ones, so it may be the most recent firmware.

Eitheir way they all work fine for me so I wouldn't risk an update.

springheal

n3wb
Reaction score

Same here. Exactly the same.

There may never be a firmware upgrade as Dahua are unlike others.

It ain't broke, so ------------!

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's the same as my most recently purchased one, and newer PTZ Version than my older ones, so it may be the most recent firmware.

Eitheir way they all work fine for me so I wouldn't risk an update.
Same here. Exactly the same.

There may never be a firmware upgrade as Dahua are unlike others.

It ain't broke, so ------------!
True, true. My Mini PTZ V1 from November is still running whatever it came with. If it works, don't touch it. :D

I like this Dahua. PTZ is very fast. Firmware is noticeably better than Mini PTZ V1 or V2. I think IQ is better as well. If it was IP66, it would have been perfect. I will keep the Mini PTZ for rain duty, and this Dahua will be by the front door under cover. I will likely order another one of these for another dry outdoor area.

Thanks Nayr for bringing this to us!

nutcus

n3wb
Reaction score
Need help, I ordered this camera on Aliexpress but I forgot my account password. How can I reset or discovery it?. I try to unplug and press reset button but it cannot restore to first login as nayr picture in the first page. Also, I try contact with the seller, he waits for the Dahua guy to check it past 2 days.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no idea, admin/admin? this dont have any other admin accounts setup.. never forgot my password before.

TonyC

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys ,

Thanks to Nayr for writing down his expierence i'm also hooked up on this SD29204s-GN . Still working out to use it on the genius vision so i can use the PTZ .
But i've another question . Seems there is a DH version for outside , so can anyone tell me what the difference is in the hardware or is it ok when i use the PFB302S and the PFA103 brackets for using it outside ?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you'll need to give me a specific model number, dahua has alot of PTZ models.

TonyC

n3wb
Reaction score
  • SD2940S-GN
  • Master Version
  • 2.212.0000.0.R.A.484.3N.NR, build : 2015-10-23

• WEB Version

• ONVIF Version

• PTZ Version 2.04.38.RHNVFJB

what makes it difference then the DH SD29204S-GN version that is for outside ? so i was thinking buying those brackets for mounting on the wall and hoping that it stays alive
and if install it as an ONVIF on genius ain't it working only as a RTSP one, then it works but not the PTZ