Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a 16P (POE) and I have a difficult spot to pull multiple cables to (I have one cable there now). Does anyone know if I can run one cable from one of the POE ports to a powered switch and connect 4 cameras?

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just run the network cable from the main network port to the powered switch, not one of the POE ports.
If I do that, then I won't have network access to the NVR as that is the port that is connected to the VLAN.

Basically I have a cable run to 1 camera that will be next to impossible to get any more cables pulled there. I need to add 1-2 more cameras. I can install a small powered switch in that location, so I want to come off the NVR POE port to the new powered switch and then connect 2-3 cameras off of that.

From one of @nayr post, it appears he is running it this way, but I'm not sure. I miss @nayr!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I do that, then I won't have network access to the NVR as that is the port that is connected to the VLAN.

Basically I have a cable run to 1 camera that will be next to impossible to get any more cables pulled there. I need to add 1-2 more cameras. I can install a small powered switch in that location, so I want to come off the NVR POE port to the new powered switch and then connect 2-3 cameras off of that.

From one of @nayr post, it appears he is running it this way, but I'm not sure. I miss @nayr!!
It sounds like the NVR and the rest of your network are on 2 different sub-nets, correct? If so, you will need to set up everything on the same subnet. Nvr, cameras, need to be on the same subnet your routerthat issues DHCP addresses. If you have a VLAN topology, it gets a little more complicated. More info about your current network, really, is needed. Just guessing on what you currently have.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

This is what he used: https://www.amazon.com/OdiySurveil-IEEE802-3at-IEEE802-3af-power-out-Extender/dp/B0198H6EUK/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1524413013&sr=8-9&keywords=poe+powered+switch
It's powered by poe+ and it ouputs poe. If you can put it in a weather proof box, if used outdoors, this could work.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I already had a HiPoE capable system and an isolated VLAN, since I have many non camera PoE devices such as 4 wireless access points and a half dozen VoIP phones...
@nayr what ip phones and system do you have?

Thanks,

Rob

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Digital is digital, PAL vs NTSC doesn't really matter any more.
I disagree.... if your just grabbing 10fps then it may not matter but if you want 30fps or if you want PAL footage on an NTSC Final Cut Pro timeline... this would be a suboptimal situation.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is completely false. Most blue iris machines are drawing 25-50w....there are many power consumption threads...most setups can be run on a 100-300 dollar machine....There is virtually no heat from a modern pc...there is absolutely nothing to "manage" in a windows box...just let it run...
Once you use a blue iris pc you will see what a joke the standalone NVR is..
When running BI and you just want a matrix of cams on your tv indefinitely.... what’s the physical connection to the tv for that a/v source? Hdmi?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When running BI and you just want a matrix of cams on your tv indefinitely.... what’s the physical connection to the tv for that a/v source? Hdmi?
any video connection your tv and pc support

antron_x

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disable "connection is timed out" popup message when viewing live feed via web browser? I have auto log out timer set to 0. The video feed is not interrupted, and I been moving that box aside of view and it seems to disappear after a while. But then I have to re-login to use the NVR. Any way we can complain to Dahua to fix that?

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disable "connection is timed out" popup message when viewing live feed via web browser? I have auto log out timer set to 0. The video feed is not interrupted, and I been moving that box aside of view and it seems to disappear after a while. But then I have to re-login to use the NVR. Any way we can complain to Dahua to fix that?
use Smart PSS

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received the nvr from andy - 5216-16p-4ks2e

question: can I connect cameras to it and try it without the hdd? everything will start ? or I need to have the hdd to run?

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IMG_9630.JPG guys - i have the cd with software and paper version of manual - is this original? you have the same?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
guys any comments to my photos?

I did not start the nvr without hdd, yesterday I bought wd purple 4tb, and today I conected it to the nvr.

I also pluged cameras to the poe switch of nvr.

but the problem is, the nvr is not seeing this cameras. what to do?

I have 4433ca cams.
- they work ok - I have connected them to external poe switch, and last two weeks I had them running without any problems.
- I modifed ip adresses for all of to 192.168.100.x, where x is from 101 to 116
- the nvr is on 192.168.100.50
- mask is 255.255.255.0
so everythin should be ok

but it is not

pls help what to do.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is your nvr firmware version ?
Seems your 4433ca cam are not english version (please check it on dahua international web site)