Dahua NVR Stopped sending emails

Peter Lea

n3wb
Reaction score
By the way, changing your Google Account will not change anything, which is why Gmail's sending limit theory is not accurate

Also using yahoo smtp will not solve the problem

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had this issue randomly start happening as well on 7th Feb. I changed the port to 587 and protocol to tls, all started working again. I think something is wrong with dahua ssl certificates or something.

Push notifications also stopped at that point and I'm getting a inappropriate fallback alert via wireshark so something has broken. My guess, Google have made their authentication more secure and dahua haven't updated there certs or something.

Try port 587 and tls if yours works.

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hello all I had the same issue yesterday using gmail account. all was good for over a year than at 330am the nvr stopped sending alerts. was using port 465 and ssl. changed to port 587 and tsl. everything is working great back to normal. thanks all for the info it was driving me crazy. I had already tried several un successful options. this site is a life saver

farma1979

n3wb
Reaction score
Icecoffe, Can you receive email alerts now with a Google account? I can not, and I have created new accounts but I can not, the test fails. I changed to TLS and port 587 but it didn't work.

farma1979

n3wb
Reaction score
It worked! I tried it a few days ago and it did not work, but right now I set the port 587 and TSL security and now the cams send emails with Gmail! Thanks a lot!

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We were having the same issues using g suites. It looks like you have to go into your security settings for your google or gmail account and allow access to less secure apps, which is at the bottom of the security page. This seemed to work for us.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there an alternative to gmail for us? I’ve tried everything in this thread and I still can’t get gmail to work on the Dahua email page. Says failed. I matter what I try.

I’ve cycled less secure apps in google, I’ve tried all th different ports and servers.

Only thing I’m not clear on is changing the DNS from default.

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was waiting for this thread to come back up. I stopped receiving emails early this morning. Looks like gmail is blocking them again for some reason.

fooey

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, this also happened to me yesterday/day before too!

fooey

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried enabling two factor, then creating a app specific password (since this is more secure than just enabling less secure apps), but this still also tests "Fail"; doesn't give the message where the authentication is wrong.

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Definitely a gmail issue. I setup SMTP using my yahoo email account and it started working again instantly.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back guys. I will try yahoo. I've wasted a good 2-3hrs trying to get gmail to work.

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@CaliGirl Your password doesn't look long enough. Did you enable less secure apps and create a special pass code/password specifically for the app? The pass code for gmail and yahoo are both 16 characters long.

fooey

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck? Seems a bit suspicious that it all seemed to stop working around the same time...

I tried the same gmail settings in a Hikvision camera and it works fine! So is it something to do with Dahua (both NVR and IPC fail)?

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@CaliGirl Your password doesn't look long enough. Did you enable less secure apps and create a special pass code/password specifically for the app? The pass code for gmail and yahoo are both 16 characters long.
I enabled less secure apps. Our gmail password is 9 characters. Copied and pasted from Chrome password manager.....where am I supposed to have 16 ?

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I enabled less secure apps. Our gmail password is 9 characters. Copied and pasted from Chrome password manager.....where am I supposed to have 16 ?
You have to create an app password since you enabled less secure apps. Go to your Google Account, click on Privacy then choose App Passwords.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have to create an app password since you enabled less secure apps. Go to your Google Account, click on Privacy then choose App Passwords.
I had no idea this was required. Of all the threads and walk through the snow and spoke of this. And I don’t remember seeing it in cycle. But I think you solve this for me. I will start looking around and get a special app password. Thank you so much.

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had no idea this was required. Of all the threads and walk through the snow and spoke of this. And I don’t remember seeing it in cycle. But I think you solve this for me. I will start looking around and get a special app password. Thank you so much.
Sure thing, hope it works for you!