Dahua NVR Stopped sending emails

Reaction score
I saw that Dahua provided updates to fix problems with email notification for gmail for some NVRs and XVRs. So I emailed support regarding my DH-IPC-HFW1320SP camera and got this reply,:

Hello John,
Your case number is- Case 01085385
Thank you for the response.
We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your product. Our Support team is only able to assist in Dahua product that are geared for North America. Even though your product may state Dahua it is possible that it was purchased through a third party and then sold in this market.
Unfortunately, since you have purchased the product from a third party and we cannot verify the Serial Number that you have provided, you will need to talk to the person or company that you purchased the system from for more support. You are also welcome to visit our information database at: for instructional videos, How To guides, and specifications.

Thank you contacting Dahua Technical Support.

I'm not quite sure to make of this - could be my Ebay purchase was of a knock-off, or a genuine Dahua geared for a non US market - could be that Dahua knows nothing about the gmail problem for IP cameras. Heck if I know! But, yahoo is still working for me, so I'm good. But, it would be nice to use gmail again.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you set up firewall rules to block LAN to WAN traffic/closed all the ports?

If so, the camera/app may have lost the ability to resolve smtp.gmail.com, hence won't be able to send the emails.

For me, making a rule to allow TLS/port 587 was not enough. I also had to make a rule to allow DNS/port 53. As well, the port 53 rule had to be before the port 587 rule.
I'm not sure if you're still active here since on my end it says you're last activity was last year at March but anyways, I was wondering, would you be able to explain to me on this rule for allowing the Encryption type and port? I'm having issues with mine and I'm using Yahoo with SSL + Port 465 but I did not do any rule things.

ad24

n3wb
Reaction score
after more then a year of perfect working, again email failure...

Would something have changed with yahoo mail?

fooey

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes Yahoo needs app specific passwords now; I simply switched back to gmail (which was fixed sometime back)

ad24

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes Yahoo needs app specific passwords now; I simply switched back to gmail (which was fixed sometime back)
what is exactly app specific passwords ??
not possible to fix it in my Yahoo account?

voidtemp7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

Since May 31st Dahua NVR has stopped sending motion detection emails to my gmail. But it can successfully send Test email. Also I can access it with K-9 mail client.
I just wonder is it me or gmail? My NVR configuration looks OK to me...
Tried ports 465 and 587. Both pass test mail from NVR. But nothing about motion detection.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello!

Since May 31st Dahua NVR has stopped sending motion detection emails to my gmail. But it can successfully send Test email. Also I can access it with K-9 mail client.
I just wonder is it me or gmail? My NVR configuration looks OK to me...
Tried ports 465 and 587. Both pass test mail from NVR. But nothing about motion detection.
Did you "tick" Snapshot and "Message" at the MD definition?

voidtemp7

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you "tick" Snapshot and "Message" at the MD definition?
I didn't change much about MD. I'm still receiving mobile push notifications. But I can't make emails work again. Have rebooted NVR of course.
Does Gmail work for you in few recent days?

MD.png

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, as we speak still got spammed to hell :p

Only thing I did is using this IP from gmail: 173.194.79.108

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Just as a test: what happens if you create an IVS rule and tick "mail"?

icecoffee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure on the NVR the option to send email has tick mark on the motion rules. My NVR always lose that setting after a restart. 20210604_073516.jpg

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Adding to the above post, I believe you have to enable the email for each individual IVS rule (not a per-camera setting), and it takes some looking to find the "more" menu.

Last edited:

voidtemp7

n3wb
Reaction score
catcamstar,
I had emails for face detection. They stopped too.

icecoffee,
I have it (please see on my screenshot in message above). I always had it set, MD emails were very important to me.

tigerwillow1,
I'm using plain video detection, not IVS. There are no rules for it (I suppose).

voidtemp7

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I've found the problem.
WTH is this?
I don't remember seeing this page at all not say changing anything on it.
Last month I have updated firmware but emails worked after that. And then they suddenly stopped coming.

I'm not sure I understand this article correctly but on that day (when emails stopped) I was messing with some access rights for some user and also tick that EVENT too. Maybe it triggered something.

Attachments

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have never visited that page before today. This is what it looks like, obviously a different firmware version that yours. My emails work.

nvrTemp.jpg

voidtemp7

n3wb
Reaction score
I have never visited that page before today. This is what it looks like, obviously a different firmware version that yours. My emails work.
For some reason disarming was ON for me.
I understand it sounds like conspiracy right now. But anyway took me some time to discover it.

Reaction score
For some reason disarming was ON for me.
I understand it sounds like conspiracy right now. But anyway took me some time to discover it.
I am so glad you posted this. I was at wits end trying to figure out why I wasn't getting email alerts for motion anymore. Like you, the "test" email worked fine. I don't ever remember visiting or even seeing the "disarming" page either. Very strange. All my disarm boxes where checked. When I unchecked email, all worked perfectly again.