Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Tim Briggs

n3wb
Reaction score
also note the camera was connected to the NVR first. Does the NVR change the IP and settings automatically?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, it puts it on the PoE subnet if connected to PoE port. Default 10.1.1.x iirc.

Tim Briggs

n3wb
Reaction score
That did it. The NVR changes the IP of the camera - permanently- once I changed the subnet of the new test network. all is good.

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
However, I am also started to get worried about this 'dropped frames' issue. Is there an easy workaround/solution? Is everybody having this issue? Is anybody NOT having this issue?

If I just record 24/7, am I going to have 0 dropped frames but then on the timeline I'll still be able to easily see when there was motion?

Or just not use IVS for now, 'hope' for a fix, and use other motion detection features?

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is my workaround until there will be hopefully a fix with a newer firmware.
Thanks. I do remember reading that post, just was confused. So basically just turn on some snaphot ivs feature and no more dropped frames?

Out of curiousity what other NVR (even from other brands) would best match the 5216 that others are happy with?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As long as you don't schedule video recording in IVS events you won't have dropped frames.
I ordered also an NVR4116 but have to wait for it to arrive, then I can tell you more. Could also be enough for a 1/3 of the price of my NVR5232-16P-4KS2.
I think you don't want another brand if you go with Dahua cams. You won't have any use of IVS with other NVR, so you don't have to worry about the skipped frames if you are not able to use IVS with other brand NVR

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Out of curiousity what other NVR (even from other brands) would best match the 5216 that others are happy with?
Crazykiller's quote below sums it up. The extra features some cameras have (like Dahua's "IVS" and Hikvision's "Smart Events") currently can only trigger recordings on NVRs made by the same company... <insert sad trombone sound here>

I think you don't want another brand if you go with Dahua cams. You won't have any use of IVS with other NVR

Mlda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes before sold me the nvr he spoken with dahua's support and they said that is possible to stream and record by LAN.
I tried a lot of time to contact the support in my country but they never reply to me.
Someone know how to do for my problem??
I don´t have Dahua support in my country, so I contacted Dahua headquarters in China with some doubts. No response.
So I contacted Dahua USA and got a reply the same day. I used: sales.usa@global.dahuatech.com.

Good luck.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
NVR5424-24P-4KS2? Oh, just stock in, and sold out last week. price around 590usd. I haven't check it carefully, a new one.

Mlda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an NVR4416-4K that suffers from the same issue. It drops frames on motion events between the opening and closing of the file. I do not have any reboot issues but also I do not use IVS at all. My NVR uses external alarm inputs and motion detection for the channels that do not have some kind of hard wired alarm setup.

Andy is shipping me the NVR5432-4ks2 this week as I have more than 16 cameras now. I will be able to compare the two side by side. I also run 128GB SD memory in all of my cameras set to record 24/7 so I can easily recover non-choppy video if I need it within 3 days.

One of my goals for later this year is a backup NVR stored in a very strange location that will just record 24/7 with no events so the dropped frames really are not a huge concern for me. Maybe an NVR5232-4ks2 with two 8TB drives. We'll see.
Hi 3-phase.

Have you already tested your new 5432-4KS2 regarding the missing frames in IVS?

Thanks.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Crazykiller, I came to the same conclusion about IVS dropouts before I found your comment =) Was too excited to play with the cameras and NVR that I stopped reading the forum for a while...
Problem that I have - I do not get any snapshots for some reason. I logged in to each camera and ticked the box "Snapshot" on every page that I could see. But no images in the list. Any ideas? Can you send me a screenshot of your settings for one of the cameras please?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I logged in to each camera and ticked the box "Snapshot" on every page that I could see.
If you haven't already, check the record schedules. IIRC, there's a separate tab for snapshots where you have to specify the hours.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If that's also what the NVR is showing, then it looks like that's set properly!

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like a screenshot from the NVR because of the drop down menu for the channel. I can't look at mine right now, because I'm on holiday abroad. To be honest, I'm not sure if I remember to look when I'm home again. So you might trigger me again after 10th of June