Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tell a lie, cannot stand misinformation.
There has a good news, we can get 120pcs stock in at dahua now. But bad news, they still pending the shipment till March.14th
Tomorrow morning fly to dahua, back on Wednesday. Have a nice weekend, guys!
today just finished the talking with dahua guys, will have some more new cams will release soon.
The 110pcs HDW5231R-Z will ship out from dahua today

Mlda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tell a lie, cannot stand misinformation.
Cryptelli, thank you for those links. You might be right and you might be wrong. Just like Dahua, Andy would also not admit he was not a legitimate distributor. I don't want or need to be right or wrong. It's just the answer I got.

But it's useful to have your post just after mine.

The information is here. That is what matters. Everybody should decide by himself.

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How are you guys connecting to dahua cameras? I've yet to be able to get the IVS Enable button to appear on my system-general screen. has anybody figured that out? I reset the whole nvr. I've added the cameras, am logged into them, rebooted everything, but still nothing showing up and the only thing I can do IVS related is schedule IVS but my playback screen on the nvr just always shows green at the bottom.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How are you guys connecting to dahua cameras? I've yet to be able to get the IVS Enable button to appear on my system-general screen. has anybody figured that out? I reset the whole nvr. I've added the cameras, am logged into them, rebooted everything, but still nothing showing up and the only thing I can do IVS related is schedule IVS but my playback screen on the nvr just always shows green at the bottom.
As mentioned multiple times in the other thread, configure IVS with the cameras WebUI will do the trick.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just like Dahua, Andy would also not admit he was not a legitimate distributor.
I'm confused because you have changed the conversation from counterfeit products to gray market products. Those are two completely different things...

Dahua usually makes two versions of the same hardware: those with the Dahua logo on them, and those without the Dahua logo on them.

They only consider the version of the hardware with their logo on them to be "Dahua" products. AFAIK, the unbranded versions are meant to be resold to companies who put their individual brands on them and are responsible for offering end-user support.

So no, Andy isn't a Dahua distributor, as he's not reselling "Dahua branded" products. The ads I've seen on Andy's Ali store are very specific that the products he sells do not have the Dahua logo on them. This is precisely why he can sell the products for a lot less money than the "Dahua" version of the same product.

Gray market: probably
Counterfeit: no

Andy's Ali store has a track record that speaks for itself. It's been around for three years and has an average 5 star rating from 1,011 reviews (that have literally come from all across the world). Ali stores that come online to deal shitty counterfeit products last a few months, if that.

If you want to pay extra money to get the same NVR hardware from an official Dahua dealer, that's fine. When you run into problems that require firmware fixes (like not being able to setup all of IVS from the NVR <as happf is experiencing>, and frames dropping when events record), you're going to be in the same boat as everyone who bought the less-expensive "no logo" version of the NVR hardware... stuck waiting for Dahua to acknowledge the problem and hopefully fix it.

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only time I was sure I had everything setup properly and IVS still wasn't working, I rebooted the NVR, waited a few minutes and then rebooted the cameras. That fixed it for me.

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only time I was sure I had everything setup properly and IVS still wasn't working, I rebooted the NVR, waited a few minutes and then rebooted the cameras. That fixed it for me.
Turns out my issue was I was not setting up IVS properly in the cameras. I did not realize I needed to right click to end the drawing of the rules. Once I did that, then clicked save, the lines stayed and IVS came alive on both the camera and the NVR. So even though I don't have that 'Enable IVS" in my NVRs system - general screen it does appear to be working. Still would be interesting to know why nvrs with the same firmware don't show the same thing.

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So now that I've got IVS working, the NVR has started randomly rebooting.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So now that I've got IVS working, the NVR has started randomly rebooting.
Do you have any other IPC brands connected to your NVR? Some people had problems with Hikvision cams also connected to the NVR, causing it to reboot. Actually I'm using the original DH firmware from 21.07.2016 with my NVR and have no reboots so far.

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have any other IPC brands connected to your NVR? Some people had problems with Hikvision cams also connected to the NVR, causing it to reboot. Actually I'm using the original DH firmware from 21.07.2016 with my NVR and have no reboots so far.
100% Dahua right now. I hear a beep from my office, go out to check on it, and it's rebooted. I also have that same firmware date that came with the nvr. Out of curiousity does your nvr have that 'enable ivs' checkbox in systems - general that others seem to have?

I am recording 24/7 continuous and have all the boxes checked in schedule. I have not done anything with snapshots yet.

For now, I've disabled the system - display - ivs rule checkbox and the nvr is no longer showing me the ivs rules on the it's console window. I do have a screen that I am logged into (and I set the system - general - auto logout to zero)

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I can't have a look right now in the settings, because I'm on holidays. The stupid NVR don't let me in without plugin, which is, of course, impossible to install on the iPad
For the cameras there's no problem like this. Can't see live view but could access settings from iPad browsers.

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Disabling Display IVS rule didn't fix it. System rebooted again. Looking at logs, looks like I rebooted 3 times, almost every half hour since IVS started working. On a hunch, I pullled out the ir gun, with the case top on, the heat sink was avg'ing 120degF. I removed the case cover, now am averaging 5deg lower at 115degF, and it has NOT rebooted since (about 1.25 hrs since last reboot). Hoping it's just a cooling issue.

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I knew it was going to happen. I literally said to myself, I'm going to post this and it's going to reboot. And it did.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I knew it was going to happen. I literally said to myself, I'm going to post this and it's going to reboot. And it did.
If you look at the logs, does it show the 0x6f entry when it reboots?

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you look at the logs, does it show the 0x6f entry when it reboots?
Yup, that's what I'm seeing, 0x6f. I did not have a single reboot before getting ivs to work. I'm still wondering if it's a cooling issue. Wierd that it would happen almost every half hour and then after cooling it a bit more, it lasted longer.

I now have a large 120mm fan on it and it's running at 96degF. If it still reboots, then it's not a cooling issue. LOL, I might still just keep the larger fan and unplug the oem one as I can't hear the slower spinning 120mm fan.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, that's what I'm seeing, 0x6f. I did not have a single reboot before getting ivs to work. I'm still wondering if it's a cooling issue. Wierd that it would happen almost every half hour and then after cooling it a bit more, it lasted longer.
A bunch of us were having reboots right after the log showed a bunch of IVS events. Since this started right after you enabled IVS, that's probably the cause. You might try upgrading to the newer firmware that Andy released to us. I think @Crazykiller said it stopped his reboots. Andy recommended also reseting the NVR settings to default afterwords, which may take a little bit to re-do.

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A bunch of us were having reboots right after the log showed a bunch of IVS events. Since this started right after you enabled IVS, that's probably the cause. You might try upgrading to the newer firmware that Andy released to us. I think @Crazykiller said it stopped his reboots. Andy recommended also reseting the NVR settings to default afterwords, which may take a little bit to re-do.
But just a few posts above crazykiller states he is using the original firmware (same date I have) and he has no reboots.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But just a few posts above crazykiller states he is using the original firmware (same date I have) and he has no reboots.
Sorry. Must be TyGunn then. Enough folks with issues, hard to keep everyone's details straight. :banghead: :)

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So it's probably not a cooling issue although now with the case open and the bigger fan I'm rebooting approximately every 1-1.25 hrs. It seems to happen about 3-4 mins after an ivs event. This last time, I had switched to 24/7 continuous recording (not other events) and ivs snapshots.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
So it's probably not a cooling issue although now with the case open and the bigger fan I'm rebooting approximately every 1-1.25 hrs. It seems to happen about 3-4 mins after an ivs event. This last time, I had switched to 24/7 continuous recording (not other events) and ivs snapshots.
Do you have other brand than Dauha camera connect to the NVR?