Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lol, i haven't ask dahua for the logo ones, i will ask again, lol.
Seems it is not always only the logo. Another user reported that the reboots went away with the DH firmware instead of the Generic firmware with same date and version. So maybe sometimes there's more then only the logo…?

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the DH_ image because you ge the look and feel of an original Dahua product and not OEM. Normally there shouldn't be any differences except the logos, but nobody knows for sure... :)

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are there any changes from the official firmware compared to the one Empirete released a few weeks ago?

IVS issues still present in this one?

I have not updated since getting the NVR.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated to DH variant... Not sure if I like the change... IE hangs often if I use it to view recordings. On the image settings Day, Night, Normal was replaced by Config1, Config2, Config3
Channel names are now D1, D2 etc
It did bring few new detect options if your camera supports it - Vehicle section I take as a LPR one. Could not change anything there via web console.

Just tried a generic variant. Apart from the logo and version info, cannot see much difference. Still the same Config1 etc on the image setup page

Last edited:

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unrelated to the firmware.
Can someone please help me to correctly setup 2 HDD.
Do I set both to Read-Write under HDD Manager, or do I set one as Read-Write and the other as a Redundant HDD?
I have 2 drives - one 3TB and the other is only 500GB. Want to keep 500GB in case 3TB goes bad (have no other uses for it)

Mlda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If this firmware is official now, is there no DH_ version, only the general?
Guys, I don´t have the NVR and I may be a PITA but, from my outside perspective, why isn't the official software downloaded from Dahua Security website?

Reaction score
Unrelated to the firmware.
Can someone please help me to correctly setup 2 HDD.
Do I set both to Read-Write under HDD Manager, or do I set one as Read-Write and the other as a Redundant HDD?
I have 2 drives - one 3TB and the other is only 500GB. Want to keep 500GB in case 3TB goes bad (have no other uses for it)
If you set both, to Read-Write, both will be used to record to. Recommend setting the 3TB drive to Read-Write, and the 500 GB drive to read only. That will prevent it from being written to by the NVR.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you set both, to Read-Write, both will be used to record to. Recommend setting the 3TB drive to Read-Write, and the 500 GB drive to read only. That will prevent it from being written to by the NVR.
Dont understand the point of having it read only. It would still mean manual intervention if first drive fails. So the only saving is in opening the case or not. Say, if I did not get the message or could not connect to NVR, any delay would mean no recording (or sdcard only).
So far I've read that setting drive to redundant is having it like in a mirror. Not sure about fail over - may still be manual.
I guess if I set both to read write, both will be used and if one fails, nvr will just keep recording to the one that is still available

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone gets "Net disconnection" alerts? Now and then I cannot connect to NVR via management NIC and then get this alert when it clears. Connections to the cameras seem to be ok - still records all channels. Running the latest firmware - was hoping it will fix it but still happening

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will Dahua ever issue another official (non-beta) firmware for the NVR5216-4KS2?
The official download from NVR5208/5216/5232-4KS2 | Dahua Technology, which my NVR came with, is DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.210.0002.2.R.20160721. After the very public botnet issue, I would think that they would have a new official release. (I know, lock the system behind a firewall, which I have done, and the firewall logs show a lot of attempted outbound traffic.)
Is Index of /DAHUA/OFFICIAL/ where a distributor dumps the beta releases?
In addition to DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.210.0003.0.R.20170418.bin, the site also has u-boot.bin.img and update.img. What are the second two files for?
(The url keeps making me think of icanhas.cheezburger.com/lolcats Lolcats)
Thanks

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Whether Andy is selling Dahua's gray produtcs or not, the bottom line is that those turret starlight cameras seem to be great – I'm not a person that needs a logo on it. But we still have to wait 5 more years for a final verdict.

As for the NVR's I do think there should already be at least some feedback for all the issues it has. And I see this:

Most haven´t been responded, not even some feedback, as far as I can tell. Most posts I read from EMPIRETECANDY are related to stocks or similar. I guess there are personal e-mail answers and feedback but why not on the open forums?

As for EMPIRETECANDY support I found:

I admit, Andy is giving great support to you guys who bought from him – the best you can find on aliexpress, where many produtcs and feedbacks are a con.

I only wish everyting is resolved for the better but it's taking a long time without a feedback.
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay answering, i need a full problem report for the NVR recording, can anybody send me? I talked this to the dahua guys, but seems no big progress. And today i am angry to tell them they have to solve this problem asap. Because sometimes not easy for me to watch all talking here, still can contact me kingsecurity2014@163.com
Hope we can solve this bug asap, what i do is pushing dahua everyday.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Today I could have a first look at the package @Andy sent me. Lot of cartons have been damage on transport. Will check them this week for functionality and then will check for the cluster functionality in unequal constellations of NVR.
Will also need another mount for my PTZ, because Andy sent the wrong one
Should be no problem, will send you a bracket today, because last time seems has some misunderstanding.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Whether Andy is selling Dahua's gray produtcs or not, the bottom line is that those turret starlight cameras seem to be great – I'm not a person that needs a logo on it. But we still have to wait 5 more years for a final verdict.

As for the NVR's I do think there should already be at least some feedback for all the issues it has. And I see this:

Most haven´t been responded, not even some feedback, as far as I can tell. Most posts I read from EMPIRETECANDY are related to stocks or similar. I guess there are personal e-mail answers and feedback but why not on the open forums?

As for EMPIRETECANDY support I found:

I admit, Andy is giving great support to you guys who bought from him – the best you can find on aliexpress, where many produtcs and feedbacks are a con.

I only wish everyting is resolved for the better but it's taking a long time without a feedback.
Maybe you can help for this? please send me the problems our guys meet when using the NVR? Thanks.

Mlda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe you can help for this? please send me the problems our guys meet when using the NVR? Thanks.
I didn't purchase anything from Andy. I don't know if I will. I don't know if Andy would be willing to sell to me, after what I wrote. I've always wondered why he could be readind all these posts and no reply.

But I tried to build an exempt opinion with all I've been reading here.

I'm pleased to see Andy stepping forward and trying to sort things out. I hope now all of you guys can write a summary of what is important so that Andy/Dahua can address those issues properly.

Thank you Andy.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did anybody manage to downgrade the firmware back to the version from 2016-07-21? Seems this has some trouble with SmartPSS and iDMSS with the control of multiple PTZ. :smash:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally gotten around to hooking up and installing my NVR yesterday. I do not still any skipped or dropped frame issue when playback with IVS like those what been happening when I use SD card to save recording to. I am using SmartPSS to playback my recording and checking the IVS flags which is color orange.

Sixto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting ... just noticed that some days do not have any recording in the timeline for the last minute of the day, from 23:59 to 00:00 is missing for some days.

I noticed it because I was just doing some testing with a revised Tripwire and there's a minute missing, right before midnight, and then looked at other days and see the same thing. You need to look at the file list to notice it.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Are anyone still experiencing skip/missing frame with NVR playback?

It not happening on mine so I wanted to compare it to see if I could help stop on your