Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Discussion in 'NVR's, DVR's & Computers' started by TechBill, Dec 15, 2016.

Share This Page

1. giomania

giomania Getting the hang of it

Perhaps another option? I set up my Ubiquiti EdgeRouter to act as the NTP time server, and it works fine. I used the "~WAN to 2LAN2" setup wizard for 2 separate subnets, which by default allows established/related connections between the subnet the cameras reside on and my secure subnet.

mat200 likes this.
  2. tim8

tim8 n3wb

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post but im having difficulty saving a clip from this nvr on smartpss 2 on PC. I can select the clip and export it in a .mp4 or .avi format but when i go to play it all it shows is a black screen. The recording plays and is the correct length and all but it has not sound and no picture, just a black screen. Anyone know how I can get a clip off the NVR without physically accessing it? thanks.

3. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Getting the hang of it

How are you selecting mp4 or avi? When I export from smartPss, the format is .asf.

4. tim8

tim8 n3wb

I go to the playback tab, cut a clip using the button on the bottom left. A window pulls up asking to select location to store file and file type. I can select .mp4 and .avi among some other ones. I can't get to my computer now to get some pics..

5. Crazykiller

Crazykiller Pulling my weight

Do you use the actual SmartPSS? I didn't have any doubts with this. I exported some clips two days ago as MP4. Even the Windows media player could play them flawlessly.

6. tigerwillow1

User error/tunnel vision (again). I never noticed the arrow for the file format indicating a pull-down box. Thanks for the help.

Capture.JPG

7. tim8

tim8 n3wb

Yes, I am using smartPSS 2.0.

8. tim8

tim8 n3wb

Yeah. That's the screen I used. However, when I export in MP4 or avi they won't play. May be just me though. If you export in ASF, what did you use play the file?

9. tigerwillow1

All these different video formats and codecs are a big pain the the rear. What I did originally was go to the web interface to export the video, which is in .dav format. I then found that Armcrest Smart Player will play it. It might play the other formats, too, but it has bugs with selecting files and I'm not wasting any more time on it. I tried the different smartPss formats with the following results:

.asf - Windows 7 media player gives an error.
    .avi - Media player acts like it's playing it but there's no video.
    .mp4 - same as .avi.
    .dav - (aka "original format") smartPss offers to export a version of the Armcrest player along with the video clip.

10. tim8

tim8 n3wb

Yeah that's basically what I've found too. Except I can't even install armcrest smart player. It gives me an error. Great

11. Sirty

Sirty n3wb

12. tigerwillow1

Is this for real that to use the toolbox you have to let it through the firewall and create an online account?

13. Sirty

Sirty n3wb

Yes, I created an online account, it's simply putting in your email address and creating a password. I don't recall having to allow it through my firewall.

14. Crazykiller

Crazykiller Pulling my weight

You could also export the file including the smart player, which runs as a portable version and you could convert the video with the player as well.
    Im wondering that you guys can't play that MP4. On my Windows 10 1703 I could play it with the Windows Movie player. Did you try VLC Player if it takes the clips?

15. Dxue

Dxue n3wb

Hi everyone,

first of all, great forum to learn a lot about ip camera and nvr, been lurking around for a while now and recently made an account to order 4 camera's and a nvr.

secondly and the reason i am actually posting: I have the nvr5216-4ks2 and have the camera's and the nvr connected to a poe switch and the nvr can find all the camera's just fine. But here starts the problem, as soon I add them, I can't seem to get a connection to the camera's themselves. I changed the login credentials to what they need to be, and I get under status only a cross. I have somehow managed to get one 1 camera connected yesterday for a short while and then it went down again.

I have tried deleting all the camera's and re-adding them, doesn't work. I tried logging in using the chrome app and on the nvr itself, both giving me the same results. Anyone who has an idea what might be wrong with it?

i am logging in using the same credentials and ports as when i tried smartpss and on smartpss everything works like a charm. Also I don't have a hdd in it yet.
    Going nuts here with looking into what I am missing or doing wrong.

Thanks in advance

16. Sirty

Sirty n3wb

Have you changed the IP address of each camera. By default, I believe they're all 192.168.1.108, trying to connect to multiple devices on the same IP address won't work. If you have changed the IP addresses, have you tried connecting directly to the camera through the IP address using Internet Explorer?

17. Dxue

Dxue n3wb

I have them all connected and changed the ip adresses. I have also configured all the camera's seperately.
    Smartpss connects with no problem to all 4, tiny cam pro also connects everything with no problem. Only the nvr doesn't connect to any camera at all. I have them added, but just can't seem to connect. I also get the resources insufficient text even when it says it is not connected. And the camera can have 10 logins at a time and i only have 2 or 3 devices connected in total for now when testing.

18. Sirty

Sirty n3wb

Hmm, not sure then. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the Dahua NVR can assist. I'm still very new to this myself.

19. tigerwillow1

Do you have manufacturer set to "private", and TCP port to 37777?

20. BillG

BillG Young grasshopper

Don't know if it will work right without a hard drive in there.

21. c hris527

c hris527 Pulling my weight

What kind of monitor do you have connected to the NVR? If it a older monitor, you might be able to get the proper resolution and will not be able to view video. Try changing your resolution in your NVR. SYSTEM--> Display-> resolution...Try a lower resolution and see if you can view video.

22. bxtreme

bxtreme n3wb

Hey Guys Great Information on this 20 page post: but I've got a Newbie question, Will the Dahua NVR 5 series support Q-SEE QCN-8026b 4mp cameras ?
    My q-see QC8816 main board died 3 weeks after the warranty expired, leaving me with 9 QCN-8026b and a couple of QCW3MP1b16. Do not want to EVER re-live that tech support call again.
    So I'm looking at the Dahua DH-NVR5416-16P-4KS2 or ? similar to utilize these existing cameras. Any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance. IMG_5653.jpg

23. DavidDavid

DavidDavid Pulling my weight

It should if they are ONVIF. I've got one random ONVIF camera that's is recording to my NVR no problem. Don't expect any advanced features to work though for that particular camera.

24. Dxue

Dxue n3wb

yes, the manufacturer and tcp port are set accordingly as you said.

that means without a hdd, you can't even check if the nvr is properly working or not? i don't want to spend money on a purple hdd and find out that the nvr is not working.
    @EMPIRETECANDY and @nayr : do you have an idea what could be the cause of not able to connect to the dahua camera's? the camera's are 2 hdbw4231fp-as, 1 hfw8232ep-z and a hdw5231rp-z.

25. aristobrat

aristobrat Getting comfortable

My NVR continued to run fine when I removed the HDD -- I could still view cameras and change settings, etc. I'd assume that it's possible to set it up without a HDD.

Dxue, DavidDavid and c hris527 like this.
  26. c hris527

You are correct, I have one on the bench with no HD and no issues.

Dxue, DavidDavid and aristobrat like this.
  27. Dxue

Dxue n3wb

i am connected through chrome and can't seem to get the camera's online. I do find them and added them, but they just don't want to connect. when i connect a screen to the nvr, the resolution is 720p on a 1080p screen. I see everything except the video

Thanks for the confirmation that i don't need a hdd :)

28. c hris527

29. Dxue

Dxue n3wb

I'm using the NACL Web Plug-in in chrome and so far i haven't seen anything that the plugin doesn't do what ie does. (I tried ie just now and everything was the same. i added the camera's using ie and it still didn't do anything different) somehow i got today 1 camera working, which is the hdw5231rp-z. Last time it was also this camera that somehow suddenly connected and somehow disconnected after half an hour.

30. aristobrat

aristobrat Getting comfortable

The "working and then somehow disconnected after half an hour" comment makes me think of conflicting IP addresses. The cameras and the NVR all have their own unique IP addresses?