Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I re-enabled IVS for one channel now for testing purposes. Will see if the gap is still there or not. Have to wait to get something/someone caught :p
I also opened a new thread to list the firmware changes in the new firmware. Everybody is invited to support the list.

Last edited:

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With the new firmware it's finally also possible to access the cameras WebUI through the NVR. So no more need to plug a laptop to the NVRs PoE ports or some stuff like that. I really appreciate that new feature!
Just click the browser symbol in the NVR WebUI to access your cams WebUI
NVR_WebUI.png

The NVR does a portforwarding on port 10080 etc.
Camera_through_NVR.png

Last edited:

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i dont have skip missing frames on 5216 16p ...i dont have ivs only motion detection to trigger ptz from turrets cams ...
and now finally have some time after 1 month that packages arrived to open them up ...another 5216 16p and 6 bullets 5231 IMG_20170620_152417.jpg

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are anyone still experiencing skip/missing frame with NVR playback?

It not happening on mine so I wanted to compare it to see if I could help stop on your
Oh cool. You have it set to record continuously, as well as with IVS and/or Motion Detection?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Updates********* skip/missing frame with NVR /SD Card.

Today i get a feedback from dahua engineer, thanks to @aristobrat @TechBill @Solar Deity , you guys send details for the problem members here meet, here is the talking from them, maybe the keys to solve this problem. If not we will dig deeper for this problem.

Engineer solutions Summary:

The I-frame rate(Cameras') should be set to the FPS rate, independent of the bit rate.The frame rate is how many "pictures" are taken per second, and the bit rate is how good each one of those pictures are. Please check this kind of settings and test it.

The dahua engineer(High level ones) all overseas now for some big project support in some countries, so the answering not very fast, but we will keep watching and pushing on it.
Maybe i haven't found some key points, but If you guys still have, just let me know. No matter buy from us or not, i will do the support for all guys here what can I do, we work together to make our system more reliable.

Thanks!
Andy

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are anyone still experiencing skip/missing frame with NVR playback?

It not happening on mine so I wanted to compare it to see if I could help stop on your
First test today with one channel and IVS activated, no skipped frames. I didn't change the iFrame to the fps like Andy was told now.
For now I only watched the footage at the NVR. Will see if exported and cropped files will be also without gap.

Last edited:

happf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First test today with one channel and IVS activated, no skipped frames. I didn't change the iFrame to the fps like Andy was told now.
For now I only watched the footage at the NVR. Will see if exported and cropped files will be also without gap.
Exactly which firmware are you running and from where did you download? I have the General 20170418 and I still have skipped frames. I do see a link to a DH version above but don't see that anybody has tried that one.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Exactly which firmware are you running and from where did you download? I have the General 20170418 and I still have skipped frames. I do see a link to a DH version above but don't see that anybody has tried that one.
I'm using the DH version. Waited with the update until the DH version was available because I prefer the branded firmware on all my NVR and IPC.

Sixto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Running DH 2017-04, H.265, both FPS and I-frame set to 25, skipped frames at beginning and end of IVS Tripwire event.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Running DH 2017-04, H.265, both FPS and I-frame set to 25, skipped frames at beginning and end of IVS Tripwire event.
How are you viewing the playback? Direct from NVR, SmartPSS, or WebService
NVR?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Mac: DH_SmartPSS_Eng_Mac_IS_V2.00.0.R.20170120_CodeSign.pkg
Do any of your camera have SD card in it and are your video motion enabled? How any IVS rules do you have per camera?

Sixto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do any of your camera have SD card in it and are your video motion enabled? How any IVS rules do you have per camera?
No SD Card. Just one 5231 camera for initial testing. Only 1 IVS Tripwire setup.

Sixto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is Video Motion enabled or disabled?
No Motion enabled.
I setup the IVS Tripwire event on the 5216 NVR, for the 5231 camera (channel-1).
Wanted the Tripwire events to show in orange in the SmartPSS Playback timeline.
They show, but there's a few frames missing at the beginning and end of the event.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
No Motion enabled.
I setup the IVS Tripwire event on the 5216 NVR, for the 5231 camera (channel-1).
Wanted the Tripwire events to show in orange in the SmartPSS Playback timeline.
They show, but there's a few frames missing at the beginning and end of the event.
I am not having any missing frames at all on mine and I use SmartPSS v2.0 The IVS flag are in orange on the Playback timeline. Can you check the NVR Web Service playback to see if it skip on there too? Mine don't skip in the Web Service either .. Only thing different between you and me are that I have SD cards in all my camera and I use 15 fps on both settings.

Sixto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not having any missing frames at all on mine and I use SmartPSS v2.0 The IVS flag are in orange on the Playback timeline. Can you check the NVR Web Service playback to see if it skip on there too? Mine don't skip in the Web Service either .. Only thing different between you and me are that I have SD cards in all my camera and I use 15 fps on both settings.
Hey Thanks. Very interesting. Thru the Web Service, all is fine, no skipped frames, thus it looks like a problem only thru SmartPSS.
Problem is that for the Mac, SmartPSS is all I have working, due to issues with the plugins on a Mac.