Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought I read a thread that mentioned push notifications with gDMSS Plus or IDMSS Plus didn't work with the new firmware, anyone else having issues?

It was working fine with the latest firmware until i/gDMSS were updated.

It could be a bug in i/gDMSS

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It was working fine with the latest firmware until i/gDMSS were updated.

It could be a bug in i/gDMSS
This is important to me as well. I am going to be using an NVR5216-4KS2 NVR and also will be using iDMSS Plus so I need push notifications to work. So everyone can confirm this is now broken with the latest NVR firmware installed and using the latest iDMSS which I already have the latest installed on my phone?

dzimm27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having an issue with email notifications for one camera specifically. I have notifications for email set up through the NVR (NVR5216-4KS2) and not through the cameras (currently three of model HDW5231R-Z). It seems like I get 3 email notifications with 1 being s screenshot for every other IVS event, just one of my camera more often than not sends the events for the tripwire event and then tripwire clear - but not the middle email with the snapshot. The IVS video recording is there when I watch it through SmartPSS. I am running:
Camera: Software Version: 2.460.0000.9.R, Build Date: 2017-04-28
NVR: System Version: 3.210.0003.0, Build Date: 2017-04-18

Both are the generic builds in NTSC that came on the devices and I am not seeing newer available. I have wanted to go to Dahua branding but do not expect there to be a functional difference, however it does look like the same firmware dates are available (official for NVR, unofficial for camera).

Has anyone had these issues or can suggest a solution?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone noticed with the latest firmware that IVS seem more sensitive or responsive than before?

I am getting more iDMSS notification than before and I haven't change anything in IVS setting .

Probird79

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone noticed with the latest firmware that IVS seem more sensitive or responsive than before?

I am getting more iDMSS notification than before and I haven't change anything in IVS setting .
Bill, didn't you say somewhere on the forum that push notifications were broken? What changed or maybe I'm mistaking you for someone else?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Bill, didn't you say somewhere on the forum that push notifications were broken? What changed or maybe I'm mistaking you for someone else?

It was broken, the latest NVR firmware fixed the iDMSS push notification.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since it's been a while since you got the notifications regularly, could the sun have moved in such a way that there's more shadows causing IVS trips?

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am displaying NVR o/p on a TV connected via very long HDMI. Is there any way by which I can control HDMI o/p via webui (or smart PSS) i.e. to chose which camera to show on full screen, or use split screen in preview etc on TV. At present I can control HDMI o/p via connected mouse. I probably can use through the wall wireless mouse, but control via WebUI will be ideal.

If HDMI o/p control via webui is not possible at present, then what's the best way to contact Dahua for new feature request?

Dave88LX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was looking at a 5216-4KS2 or 5416-4KS2 so started reading around. Saw a few pages back many people were having a lot of similar issues. Have those been resolved, or is this NVR a "gamble"? I understand I will need to do configurations, but don't really want to do a ton of extra testing on something that should work.

Thanks!

Reactions: HDC

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Was looking at a 5216-4KS2 or 5416-4KS2 so started reading around. Saw a few pages back many people were having a lot of similar issues. Have those been resolved, or is this NVR a "gamble"? I understand I will need to do configurations, but don't really want to do a ton of extra testing on something that should work.

Thanks!
I think most of it been resolved.

Emdoc12

n3wb
Reaction score
So I'm trying to get this NVR up and running using a mac here. I have the apps downloaded from Dahua already. My question is where do i get the plugins for safari? The web portal keeps asking me to install plugins but when I click the link it doesn't work. Any ideas??

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
So I'm trying to get this NVR up and running using a mac here. I have the apps downloaded from Dahua already. My question is where do i get the plugins for safari? The web portal keeps asking me to install plugins but when I click the link it doesn't work. Any ideas??
I don't think there is a plugin for Safari.

You will probably have to install SmartPSS to use instead but you should still be able to configure without the plugin.

EDIT: I just found out that IE extension doesn't work on Mac.

Emdoc12

n3wb
Reaction score
That’s fine. SmartPSS looks nice and works good anyways. Thanks though.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mac - Dahua Technology

Try the 'Mac plugin for NVR5000 series'...

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just bought my first 3 starlight 2mp cameras and I'm currently deciding on this nvr but struggling with a lot of mixed messages. I read through most of this post and other on the forum. Could someone who owns this answer please answer the following questions for me.

- is it better to buy the poe version or non poe +poe switch?
- if I buy non poe does ivs still work?
- if I buy poe version can I still access webui for cameras?
- are there any known issues I need to watch out for with the nvr5216?
- is the dahua mobile app for android good and usable?

Thank you all in advance for any help and advice. Newbie to the world of cameras here..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll take a crack at the three of the questions (in reverse order):

- if I buy non poe does ivs still work? Yes

I'm answering for the 5216-4ks2. For my use, most of the serious problems were fixed in the latest firmware update. It was pretty "iffy" before that. My use is 24x7 recording with event triggers to help me zero in where I want to look. My primary viewer is smartPss on a PC, and I also occasionally use the web interface. The biggest issue I have is that camera configuration via the NVR interface or smartPss, while improved in the last update, is still very buggy. I just log in to the cameras to change their configuration. There are a lot of features I don't use, so there could be a lot of problems I'm not aware of.

- is it better to buy the poe version or non poe +poe switch? Short answer: It depends.
That decision if full of tradeoffs. Built-in poe gets you easier setup and a loud fan. Non-poe gives you more more flexibility, more network complexity, and a fairly quiet nvr fan (but you could end up with a noisy-fan poe switch). I went with non-poe for the flexibility, and to have less money sunk into the nvr in case I want to replace it down the road. Right now, it's doing everything I need it to.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's on you what fits better in your environment. I like my NVR with built in PoE and got my second one on its way from @EMPIRETECANDY
- if I buy non poe does ivs still work?
Yes
Yes you can. Since firmware from 2017-04 it is possible to reach the cameras WebUI through the NVR WebUI.
Seems most bugs are gone with the 2017-08 firmware. For the moment I'm find and will watch out for new bugs
- is the dahua mobile app for android good and usable?
To be honest, I can't speak for the android app, but I'm pretty fine with the iPhone and iPad app from Dahua. Was using IP Cam Viewer Pro before. The iDMSS kicks ass using with Dahua cams/NVR.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
CrazyKiller, just wondering are you running the second NVR for backup?

It's on you what fits better in your environment. I like my NVR with built in PoE and got my second one on its way from @EMPIRETECANDY

Yes

Yes you can. Since firmware from 2017-04 it is possible to reach the cameras WebUI through the NVR WebUI.

Seems most bugs are gone with the 2017-08 firmware. For the moment I'm find and will watch out for new bugs

To be honest, I can't speak for the android app, but I'm pretty fine with the iPhone and iPad app from Dahua. Was using IP Cam Viewer Pro before. The iDMSS kicks ass using with Dahua cams/NVR.

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just bought my first 3 starlight 2mp cameras and I'm currently deciding on this nvr but struggling with a lot of mixed messages. I read through most of this post and other on the forum. Could someone who owns this answer please answer the following questions for me.

If each camera is reachable via separate ethernet wire from NVR then poe version. Else single wire from nvr to switch and then poe wires to each camera. BTW you can connect cameras to poe switch and then switch to nvr which is poe capable.

yes
Only feature i would have liked is to control tv/hdmi o/p from nvr to be controlled from laptop. At present it can be controlled only from mouse connected to Nvr. even then i absolutely like poe nvr.